Pyroclast91's Forge = Salamanders Primaris and Death Guard

Thanks baz I'm glad I listened to you on the black armour I think it looks much better that way plus I'm gonna have more than enough green roaming around the table. Now my issue is how should I do the flames on Rhy'tans armour as the Lord Chaplain and a member of the Voices of Fire I imagine his armour would not be without fire. But at the same time I don't want him to look like legion of the damned.

So with the guidance of Brother Chaplain Kage I've started on my Iron Hands Praetor

20160726_223916.jpgimage hosting services

20160726_223630.jpgforum image hosting

This fella is kinda a pain to take pictures of it seems like he's a little different shade in every photo.

20160726_223739.jpgphoto uploader

I also learned I'm horrible at painting black armour and may end up stripping the chaplain again. But I'm really happy with how my IH scheme is coming it needs to be a little darker but I'm very happy with it so far and I'm really looking forward to trying it on a larger model. If anyone has any tips or knows any good tutorials for black armour I'm definitely in need of assistance here. As always C&C is greatly appreciated

Edited by Pyroclast91

I think once the ETL is over I'm gonna have to go back to sleeping more than 4 hours a night. THE FLESH IS WEAK!!!! Who needs sleep I made a ton (by pyroclast standards) of progress tonight

20160727_233343.jpgscreen shots

20160727_232952.jpgadult photo sharing

I'm really happy with how this guy is turning out my thanks again top Brother Chaplain Kage for the recipe. Any C&C is greatly appreciated

Our hobby couldn't babe a more accurate nickname than plastic crack. I'm working on seriously stepping my game up in both the speed and technique departments at least I think so anyways.

20160728_235822.jpggifs upload

Maybe this will illustrate what I mean from left to right. A berserker from my first army back when I was about 14, then we've got a salamander from about 3 years ago, the chaplain from about a year ago, my veteran sergeant for my first ETL vow, and now my Iron Hands praetor. I've come a long way since the days of painting berserkers with testors model paint . Anywho enough reminiscing on to the good part.

20160729_060910.jpgphoto hosting

This guy is turning out worlds better than I thought he would and I'm consequently getting super excited about the Iron Hands contingent that will be part of my shattered legion force.

20160728_234116.jpgimg host

I am however a little disappointed with Rhy'tan and I'm not really sure as to why for some reason Idk if it's the way I sculpted the helm or the shoddy black paint job I did but something is bothering me about it. Any thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated

20160728_234609_001.jpgcapture screen

Then there's my dread which is coming along nicely I think

20160728_234633.jpghost image online

And finally a little group shot of vow #2 which will hopefully be completed this weekend so I can move on to bigger stompier things. Thanks for checking out my work your C&C is always greatly appreciated

Unfortunately thanks to RL this weekend wasn't very productive model wise. But that's alright that's why I vowed small so I can make sure these guys are done that would be if I can ever get this IH scheme down. Every time I think I've got it rite I look at FWs website and back to the brush I go I think I'm getting closer though. I've started "highlighting" if that's what you wanna call it the flat panels of the armour using a mix of about an 1/8 of a pot of runefang steel mixed with an entire pencils worth of graphite. And I think it might be just the what I was after.

20160729_060910.jpgscreenshot windows

I think with just a couple more thin coats the armour will be where I want it then all that's left is the free handing and small details. Oh and his base I keep forgetting about the bases since it's only recently I've started painting my models off the bases.

20160730_011120.jpggif image hosting

Rhy'tan is similarly coming along with only the detail work and base left to be done. The bulk of my remaining work is on my contemptor which has been neglected for the last week or so. I've been trying to think of something cool I could do paint wise to make him look less generic but haven't had any great inspiration if anyone has any ideas I'd love to hear what you think. Thanks for checking out my work as always C&C is greatly appreciated.

UNTO THE ANVIL WITH YOUR WEAK FLESH!!!!!

Edited by Pyroclast91

Well catching myself up on this thread has been a joy. You do our legion proud brother. Can't wait to see how the dread turns out, the conversion work you did to make the model more dynamic is fantastic. I love dreadnoughts just as you do, so I'm super jealous of the leviathans! The eye lenses are really unique, I love the look of them. All the colors on the veterans looked a little strange before they all came together, but the finished product is amazing. Congrats on the move and the better painting space! 

@BlueBelly--Good too have you back brother I'm glad to hear you appreciate the progress I've made so far you are far too kind. And it is definitely a whole different world having a dedicated hobby space .

Making steady progress... Sorta... Well I sorta took a stab at freehanding the IH symbol and well 20160801_231113.jpgfree photo hosting

So... There's that. I don't know for sure how I feel about it exactly my opinion seems to change almost by the minute. I'll probably leave it though because ETL and because what you see took me almost an hour and I'm so over painting that little shield again lol.

20160802_224627_0.jpgimage

I think overall the praetor is coming together quite nicely considering the experimental paint scheme and it's been a real learning experience for the rest of my IH coming down the pipe.

20160802_224634.jpghost image online

Rhy'tan is turning out better than I thought he was going too but I'm a little bit disappointed in the conversion I did on this guy I really need to work on my scales (there's a reason for not many back shots ;) ) and the helmet is still just a little wonky imho . Things to think about next time I suppose.

20160802_224616.jpgpost image

And finally this big guy my soccer pattern contemptor about to score the game winning goal.I think he's coming along nicely and tomorrow he'll get the hot wheels treatment can't be a drake without fire.

20160802_224557.jpgpc screenshot

Almost done maybe this weekend? I've only said that how many times lol.

20160802_224455.jpgimage hosting free

Here's that back shot I've been avoiding so you guys know I paint the back of my models too ;) thanks for checking out my work C&C , cookies, and winning lottery tickets are always greatly appreciated

Made some progress on the contemptor tonight and I feel pretty good about it.

20160803_221725.jpgimage url upload

I spent the majority of the nite working on the flames on this guy this is my second time doing flames with a wet palette and I definitely see a difference.

20160803_223456.jpggif uploader

For anyone who might be wondering

20160803_221737.jpgimage hosting services

These are the colors I use to make fire laid out on a wet palette like so 20160803_221931.jpgimage sharing sites

It is rather tedious but I think it looks pretty good. I also did a little work on the base.

20160803_221845.jpgimage hosting 30 mb

I really really hate the emperors children just in case anybody was wondering lol. Thanks for checking out my work I'd love to hear what you think C&C is always appreciated.

So close to the finish line I can taste it.

20160805_011405.jpgphotos upload

The only things that are left now are small details like the servo skulls and the hammer I sculpted on Rhy'tans calf armour. Then my characters will complete. All that's left on the Dreadnought is to finish his helmet and the scales on his loin cloth, followed by a light highlight, oh and I have to figure out what's gonna go on his chest banner?? Any thoughts?? After that it'll be vow 2 in the books for my first ETL hopefully next year I'll be able to contribute more but I think it wouldn't be wise to go for a third this year. Anyhow more pictures->->->

20160805_011345.jpgupload pics

20160805_011312.jpgpic hosting

20160805_011241.jpgupload img

20160805_011154.jpgwindows 7 print screen

I'm super excited to get these guys finished so I can move on to BIGGER STOMPIER THINGS. Thanks for checking out my work I'd love to hear your thoughts good bad or otherwise.

Borrow away brother baz I'm glad you dig it out of the three he's my favorite too but I'm shamelessly addicted to dreadnoughts :D Now the ETL is coming to an end it's time to get stompy. Next on the list will be my knight that my girlfriend got me for my birthday last year well almost 2 years now but since I don't like to tackle one project at a time I'm also going to be working on two Leviathans a salamanders contemptor and........ THE BIG MAN HIMSELF !!!!!! PRIMARCH OF THE XVIIIth LORD OF THE DRAKES THE SAVIOUR OF NOCTURNE VULKAN!!!!!!!!! I'm a little bit excited this being my first primarch and probably the model I've dreamed of the most even more than the warlord. That's rite I said it!!! He's gonna put every single iota of my modeling skill to the test but I will settle for nothing less than perfection (whoa starting to sound like the EC better tone it down) Anywho I'm very excited about all of it and I can't wait to share it with you guys, whom I'd like to thank very much all of the comments and the input I get from all of you has made a hobby I already love so much more enjoyable and really helped with my motivation so for that again thank you all.

Both vows for my first ETL are officially done that's one vet tac squad, one contemptor Dreadnought, Lord Chaplain Nomus Rhy'tan , and an Iron Hands Legion Praetor in Cataphractii TDA totaling 977 points for the glory of the AOD FOR VULKAN AND FOR FERRUS MANUS

20160807_002950.jpguploadimage

20160807_002547.jpgimage upload no ads

20160807_002453.jpgupload image free

20160807_002522.jpgtemp image upload

Now as I've mentioned it's KNIGHT time!!!!

20160807_010503.jpgpicture share

Now that I'm done with my ETL vows it's back to project overload time. Here's a look at what we have on the desk

20160807_224246.jpgimage ru

You may be asking yourself didn't this guy just move into this place? Yes I did I just set up fast ;) So as you can see I was doing some prep work on one of the Leviathans which is turning into quite the learning experience did I mention this was my first resin model besides a couple finecast characters?

20160807_223318.jpghosting images

I'm super excited for this guy he's gonna be a character that I've already been writing fluff for, which I'll post as soon as I have someone with a higher than 3rd grade grammar level proof read. Then I also started rounding up all the bits and pieces of my knight project.

20160807_224516.jpgupload gambar

Which I'm probably overdoing but since it was a gift from my girlfriend I wanna make it EPIC. But fluff will be coming for this guy as well. C&C is always greatly appreciated thanks for checking out my descent into madness

Thanks Vairocanum I'm glad you like him he is starting to grow on me I still might revisit him at some point though. There will definitely be more Leviathan pics soon as that's a project I'm really excited about and it'll get quite a large portion of my attention.

Didn't get a whole lot of time for my nerding this evening but I did manage to get all of the big flash and mold gates off of Leviathan #1 at least to the point a dry fit was possible

20160808_230123.jpgphoto sharing websites

I can't tell you how exciting it is too have this fella standing and see his brother in a bag that I still get too put together.

20160808_224846.jpgupload images free

I also magnetized my secondary weapons because apparently there's a game you can play with these things and I hear it's good to keep your options open. ;)

20160807_223351.jpgscreen capture tool

I believe I've mentioned before that I have big plans for this particular dread. His name is to be Ra'gar Ferrox former siege breaker of the Xth legion. That much is concrete now the rest is very much still an evolving idea . Basically I was thinking along the lines of survivors of Istvaan Ra'gar is or, was I suppose part of clan Bellatorum my home brew IH clan. Which is basically annihilated at Istvaan but that's besides the point. Ra'gar is an extremely respected member of both his own and the XVIIITH legions because of his service record and because of the relationships made with the salamanders when he was seconded to there legion for a decade. One relationship in particular with a legionaire who would become a master of the forge. (I've already written a lot more on this in detail this is just sorta a rough idea btw.) Anyways Ra'gar is horrifically wounded on Istvaan but gets dragged half dead into one of the few salamanders craft to make it off the ground. This same vessel manages to mag grapple a Leviathan Dreadnought during take off unfortunately the occupant doesn't make it. (Do you see where I'm heading with this) like I said it's still very rough and in the early WIP stages but I wanted to see what you fine ladies and gentlemen think?

Edited by Pyroclast91

Got home from work today and got straight to the Leviathan and I've got too say I freaking love this model. It's fantastically designed and the sculpt is beautiful there's a reason FW charges more than I can bring myself to pay for these things (ahhh the moral dilemmas) well I guess it wasn't that much of a dilemma since I have a desk covered in recasts ;) but now I'm rambling. On too pictures.

20160809_184843.jpgupload pic

So far the shoulder bit on the left is the only piece with only real warping... Well aside from the storm cannon barrels but from what I've seen if you get resin auto cannon barrels that come out straight that's the day you buy a lottery ticket.

20160808_234444.jpgimage url upload

Like I mentioned Ra'gar is kind of going to be a big project for me so I figured he needs an awesome base and after seeing LionofJudah's Levi he did for the ETL this happened.

20160809_215403.jpgjpg images

Shameless idea yoinking I know but it was a great idea

20160809_221911.jpgphoto hosting sites

Hopefully in the next day or two the real fun will commence and I'll get out the GS and we'll see how well I can Medusify this here Dreadnought :D thanks for checking out my work I'd love to hear any C&C you might have

Have no fear baz the next one will be green ;) gotta show the Xth some love too ya know lol I think the base will look a lot better once I finish the details and get some sand on it it's definitely WIP at the moment

Got started doing a little GS work or tried to start anyways. I got to about the point of having a blob mixed up when I hit the mental road block like a siege wrecker hitting a prius (which I'd love to see)

So I ended up getting started on the first layer of the Iron Hands emblem.

20160810_223945.jpgimage hosting over 5mb

It's a bit wonky but I've started to realize your first layer of GS is a lot like when your blocking out colors painting, you can afford to be a little sloppy because you'll be cleaning it up in the following layers. While I was being impatient watching GS cure this happened.

20160810_225440.jpgupload pic

20160810_232036.jpgimage hosting without registration

I really really love this model have I mentioned that? I'm probably gonna end up with at least 3 more

20160810_232059.jpgimgupload

I can't wait to put the brush too this thing look at all that armor. Thanks for checking out my work. C&C is always appreciated.

Edited by Pyroclast91

I'm rapidly approaching the actual brush painting part of the process and I'm pretty stoked about it I had originally planned to go nuts sculpting on this guy but in the end I just couldn't think of anything. But since Ra'gar was interred in the Leviathan shortly after Istvaan V I decided it would make sense that his iron body would be pretty forge fresh. I guess that means the salamanders Leviathan is gonna have to get all my sculpting love ;) But that does still leave me with the issue of how to visually represent Blessed Autosimulacra any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

20160811_232839.jpgpic hosting

This is pretty close to what his pose will be like I want it to look like this fella.

20160811_232728.jpgimage ru

Is about to get real acquainted with a siege drill . I'd love to hear what you think any C&C is greatly appreciated

Still didn't quite get top the point of painting today but I did put a ridiculous quantity of magnets into this fella.

20160812_235229.jpg

I've also gone through and pinned joints like the elbows and will likely do the knees tomorrow. I'm also almost finished with the Iron Hands emblem and I added some cog teeth to one shoulder and will probably do the other tomorrow.

20160813_000921.jpgupload image online free

Overall I think Ra'gar is coming along quite well and I'm really excited to get started painting him. Any C&C is always appreciated thanks for checking out my shenanigans.

I'm pretty new here so I'm not entirely sure what armies on parade is but I'll probably participate in every event I can. Thank you for your kind words and I'll definitely get an army shot up as soon as I get what I consider an army painted lol so far the I've only got what I did for the etl that is of a quality I would show off