The Maintenance Bay >The God Machines and Knights Thread<

I have a Freeblade Paladin in a 40k colourscheme. Is it eligible for this thread?

As long as you can make it fit into the 30k setting, we use Questoris titles and ranks in this thread and as long as there are no 40k models (such as successor chapters tau Tyranids) we are all good.

We want to make this place more accessible without it turning into a free for all.

So bring your knights everyone

The Knight itself is believe to have been around since the Heresy and certainly the house she belonged to has been, however, her current colour scheme is that of the Blood Angels Death Company (which came into existence after the Heresy). Basically, her pilots change the colour scheme of the Freeblade to match who they are currently serving with/pledged to. Her previous schemes include but not restricted to =][= REDACTED BY THE INQUISITION =][=

Hence my query.

I have a Freeblade Paladin in a 40k colourscheme. Is it eligible for this thread?

As long as you can make it fit into the 30k setting, we use Questoris titles and ranks in this thread and as long as there are no 40k models (such as successor chapters tau Tyranids) we are all good.

We want to make this place more accessible without it turning into a free for all.

So bring your knights everyone

Well that's good enough for me. The house I'm building never came into imperial compliance but crusade elements did temporarily bring the subsector into compliance if only in name. So they did cross paths with crusade elements even if negotiations ultimately failed after the imperials lost contact with the subsector during the heresy.

@Dark Bjoern:

Well, I wouldn't call my knight a traitor. He is fighting for the good of the Imperium, after all. He is fighting to replace the inane burocracy of the Emperor with the strong warrior caste of the Warmaster. Only such a strenght can protect mankind and deliver it its fate as ruler of the galaxy. We atre bringing forth the spirit of that same Great Crusade that you yourself fought for with zeal and dedition! biggrin.png

It's been a long time coming, but finally, my Titan is complete!

Presenting the finished Aedifex Perditae! biggrin.png

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag437/Phatsquirre1/02C85544-995F-4D49-BD1E-C8397C9B6667_zpsrw8xybpn.jpg

The Aedifex Perditae

Warhound-4608, "Hyena" Pattern

Legio Crucius

++++++++

File Redirect Auth.: 11027384-99274-8375-4608

Legio Response Protocols enacted. Request verification script as follows.

Data-files Updated: Aedifex Perditae, Warhound-4608 .

Status: Ready for Deployment. Combat-Trial performance: Accepted.

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag437/Phatsquirre1/ECEE7688-5857-44FA-B1F4-149794231AA3_zpsa9xfxrgz.jpg

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag437/Phatsquirre1/B1CCDF98-BDC5-4429-B583-6D2C464EDA93_zpsypdjp21u.jpg

http://i1374.photobucket.com/albums/ag437/Phatsquirre1/9AF7A35B-3EF2-404B-9982-02C6B8BC1B2B_zpsjmt5bgzs.jpg

Initialization Successful.

War Trials completed. Routed to Salient Confrontations.

Standby for further orders.

++++++++

• 3 weeks later...

Need to find names for my two Warlords and Warhound and the names of the crew  too.

Also have a Cerastus Lancer and need to find a name for my knight house. Maybe Militem Mortis...Mortis Militem

• 4 weeks later...

WOW! Just the place for me and mine to hang out!

My fluff is for 40k, but with a bit of an adjustment I can fit it to 30k easily (who is to say exactly when the =I= symbol was first used, it was before the Emperor was slain)

Here is my first ready knight of House Jötnar: "Gangur" a Warden

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h324/OkumaWaseda/WIP%20Warden/Finished%2001_zpsgjol4zry.jpg

I've got a Lancer at least halfway done as well. I'll need to update the thread in my sig for more of his pics

Question: are Adeptus Titanicus (6mm scale) titans accepted?

Happy to have a place for all things mighty and mechanical!

All right guys I'll get the new banners updated asap and get updating again.

Sorry about such a big delay had to deal with E TENEBRAE LUX & my Personal life.

But I shall return now and revitalize thus thread

Alright, been stalking this thread for a while now and decided that now is time to join the fun!

First of all, beautiful stuff here everyone! So much gorgeous war machines in here!

I forgot to take a pic of my built/partially built knights but will take a WIP shot later today.

I have 6 Knights atm (Castigator, Styrix, Warden, Errant & 2 unbuild from the Renegade box), going to buy Atrapos before the free shipping offer expires.

My plan A was to build a single house with one of every knight. I have since moved to plan B which is to build a mechanicum house and imperial house.

Im going to start with mechanicum as soon as I have my hands on the two missing FW mechanicum knights. So that would be somewhere around middle of next month. (after next payday)

The house of my choice is Col'Khak Collective.

They will be supporting my Legio Atarus Titans (dont own any yet, going to buy first one later this year) and Atar-Median Legio Cybernetica Battle Cohort.

Now that you guys&gals know my plans im going to ask your help to decide my colour scheme!

Internet tells me that Col'Khak uses red and gold. Cool. But what red to use? I dont want to use mephiston red but darker red that is not khorne red. I was thinking the reds from FW? Does anyone know how dark those reds are?

I was thinking something like this (not mine, found the pic from google image search)

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r680/Parweke/4XL_zpst6thoy2j.jpg

Im going to use some black and white too just to tie the knights more to the Firebrands!

Any help and/or advice is warmly welcome! Also suggestions for what imperial house to do will be great too.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

This arrived today.

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r680/Parweke/20160906_155420_zpsg2etcnk8_edit_1473166949567_zpsqgtyuo0x.jpg

Building starts on friday...

Also received my other order, mainly paints, the reds I ordered are very dark and brownish. Will order some FW reds later this week with another knight and some hoplites and peltasts. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Received another order today. In it was Magaera, gal vorbak and word bearer red paints (they are perfect colours for my scheme).

Also received hoplite upgrade set but peltasts set was missing. Sent email to FW about this. Hopefully will receive them soon.

I'm pretty inexperienced with Knights but I am interested in getting a few. I want to dive into Heresy Era Knights so I can use them alongside my Wolves.

But a couple of questions:

How rapidly fluff wise can Knights deploy from orbit to combat? I ask as my Wolves are planned to be an Infiltration/Drop Force and am hoping I can make Knights fit with that type of force. It might have to be a case of extended operations.

What would you recommend as the leader if a Knight household in the Heresy era? I'm looking to honour my late grandfather as the head of his own household. I want an all rounder for him.

Is it worth picking up the Knights codex even for a Heresy era force or should I just use Heresy books?

Well, I cant answer to your first question cause I have no idea.

For second question I assume you mean Forge World Cerastus Knights? Or do you mean heresy era knight house?

I dont know what knight to pick as a leader but im using Castigator. For mechanicum Knight House I now have all 3 FW knights and going to use Atrapos as a leader.

And for the last one use Heresy books (and forget 40k entirely) :D

For second question I assume you mean Forge World Cerastus Knights? Or do you mean heresy era knight house?

I honestly don't know. I'm so inexperienced with what the Knights bring to the table that I don't know what to run. I guess the answer is grab the relevant Heresy books for inspiration (I want to collect all the books anyway but am kinda saving for Inferno to drop).

I honestly don't know. I'm so inexperienced with what the Knights bring to the table that I don't know what to run. I guess the answer is grab the relevant Heresy books for inspiration (I want to collect all the books anyway but am kinda saving for Inferno to drop).

This helped me to decide, but now I have 4 gw knights and 4 fw knights. And will buy the 2 missing ones (acheron & lancer) + the big guy

https://www.frontlinegaming.org/2015/05/31/imperial-knights-7e-making-a-knight-primary-army/

• 3 weeks later...

Archived