The Maintenance Bay >The God Machines and Knights Thread<

So I am proud to finally join your ranks brothers I just got an Atropos as my first knight thanks to a little shipping messed up I will be a bit in assembly due to work and other incoming projects... any advice would be massively appreciated

Give it a nice warm soak and scrub in dish soap to get as much mold release off as possible. Then let it sit, dry for a while to see if it sweats any more release agent then do the process again.

I usually soak my pieces for 36 to 48 hours in warmish soapy water, then I scrub them with tooth brush and rinse them in warm water. Then I let them dry then clean them and maybe scrub again.

So I am proud to finally join your ranks brothers I just got an Atropos as my first knight thanks to a little shipping messed up I will be a bit in assembly due to work and other incoming projects... any advice would be massively appreciated

Dry fit. A lot. And build in subassemblies before finishing up the model completely.

Are you planning on magnetizing your Atrapos?

Dry fit. A lot. And build in subassemblies before finishing up the model completely.

This.

Also dont glue any of the panels until you have painted them.

This.

Also dont glue any of the panels until you have painted them.

Yeah magnets will happen for ease of transportation.

Also don't pull a me and assemble the leg from the foot up. I had done that and realized the groin piston ball bearing didn't quite line up to the pelvis... So I definitely echo the dry fitting. I also pinned my Atrapos' arms.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished this Porphyrion so I figured I'd post her over here. Welcome the "Crashing Wave." She is the back line for the Ordo Reductor contingent "Poseidon."   

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv194/Enigami1990/IMG_2090_zpswwc9nqlj.jpg

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv194/Enigami1990/IMG_2091_zpsbclyjax5.jpg

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv194/Enigami1990/IMG_2092_zpsiiwwkhwy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

@ Wolf_pack, You too? Nice. Cant wait to see your version.

Im bit behind my schedule, but should be able to finish building my knights before the end of month. I have decided to add a 5th one to my house so little more painting.

Good news for me is that my airbrush works again (had to replace nozzle and needle) so that will speed up painting alot.

Im also damn near to order a Reaver, i might just do it later this month! :)

Archived