The New HH Box (Highly Likely to be Prospero) - Happy?

Balthamal

That picture was posted on Facebook yesterday (along with other shots) by a guy claiming to be the guy who won the miniature on eBay, accompanied by the statement: "I like the model a ton but it was a nightmare of mold lines in hard to manage places. Here are a few better pics after more cleaning:"

It certainly is a 30k mini, but a random guy buying a purported 30k Thousand Son mini off eBay and taking a photo of it in a his display cabinet along with some of his own 30k Thousand Sons is of no evidential value.

Besides Athrewas posting it to the B&C, that first dread looks like the exact TS contemptor FW painted up, albeit with a plasma cannon. Pretty official if it's in their case.

EDIT: Spoke too soon, it's Athrawes's quality contemptor in the background, not FW's. Whoops.

That picture was posted on Facebook yesterday (along with other shots) by a guy claiming to be the guy who won the miniature on eBay, accompanied by the statement: "I like the model a ton but it was a nightmare of mold lines in hard to manage places. Here are a few better pics after more cleaning:"

It certainly is a 30k mini, but a random guy buying a purported 30k Thousand Son mini off eBay and taking a photo of it in a his display cabinet along with some of his own 30k Thousand Sons is of no evidential value.

Besides Athrewas posting it to the B&C, that first dread looks like the exact TS contemptor FW painted up, albeit with a plasma cannon. Pretty official if it's in their case.

I believe his point was that that is a picture of the assembled model in Athrawes's display case not a FW display case.

I'm actually amazed that the ebay auction was real. I figured it was a fake for sure.

Gamble paid off for Athrawes, congratulations.

This is a pretty big leak, that a model was available (possibly months) before it's official release. GW can't be happy about that.

The only thing I'd like to add to the model is a Tutelarie. The outstretched hand will be perfect for some kind of psychic bird.

LG didn't seem very happy about it in First Expedition.

Can you give a link? Or quote?

Edit:

Think I found it. Tbh, sometimes beeing quiet would be better than writing something. Anyone can understand that he, as he's working for them can't be "happy" about leaks, but that's just .... silly. Is the hobby now worse that we got a leak (especially as Athrawes snapped really good pictures of his model)? I don't think so. It builds hype. He should be happy about hype for the heresy. But than I never agreed with Mr. Golden, and his style of saying things.

Edit:

Think I found it. Tbh, sometimes beeing quiet would be better than writing something. Anyone can understand that he, as he's working for them can't be "happy" about leaks, but that's just .... silly. Is the hobby now worse that we got a leak (especially as Athrawes snapped really good pictures of his model)? I don't think so. It builds hype. He should be happy about hype for the heresy. But than I never agreed with Mr. Golden, and his style of saying things.

eh... sometimes he acts a bit like a scrooge

Edit:

We are talking about an item that has been stolen, leaked to the internet and then sold. That's a biggy. Regardless of hype, someone who works for the company has made a massive breach of contract and trust. He's entitled to be angry in my opinion.

Anyway, getting off topic. It's a great model and I look forward to picking one up. I am surprised at how severe the mould-lines are. GW seems to have come leaps and bounds recently in eliminating or disguising their mould-lines and this seems like a big step backwards.

It makes me a little nervous about any MKIII in the box. It's not a biggy but I can't help but imagine (and dread) the hours of scraping I will need to do.

Edit:

We are talking about an item that has been stolen, leaked to the internet and then sold. That's a biggy. Regardless of hype, someone who works for the company has made a massive breach of contract and trust. He's entitled to be angry in my opinion.

From what I understand, the seller accidentally found it in his copy of Death Masque instead of either Artemis or the new Eldrad. I'm not entirely sure if that's true or not, but if it is it sounds like a mistake rather than theft. Someone else can confirm or deny my understanding of the story.

Edit:

From what I understand, the seller accidentally found it in his copy of Death Masque instead of either Artemis or the new Eldrad. I'm not entirely sure if that's true or not, but if it is it sounds like a mistake rather than theft. Someone else can confirm or deny my understanding of the story.

That was my understanding as well. Pretty sure if GW believed it was stolen they would've have had the auction shut down.

Do we have a time frame as to when we can expect concrete details on the new box?

Edit:

That was my understanding as well. Pretty sure if GW believed it was stolen they would've have had the auction shut down.

Do we have a time frame as to when we can expect concrete details on the new box?

Sooner than you think ;)

Edit:

Sooner than you think msn-wink.gif

Damnit Atia

always leaving us at half mast...

Soon? Aaarggh, my brain just went into meltdown.

Seriously, I'm not going to be able to get anything done today. Between refreshing here and war-of-sigmar, that's my whole focus today. :)

yeah, guys it's kinda funny seeing the images of the Sorcerer/Ahriman from my display case spread everywhere haha. I posted those on facebook to show a few of the worst placed mold lines and now I see them everywhere with people saying "look guys it's official in a forgeworld display case with the forgeworld TS contemptor in the background"

And as said the contemptor behind the FW one is a conversion. But I'm kinda flattered, as I've been shooting for a FW quality paint job for my army, so thanks for thinking those were from FW happy.png

Also, it's primed so sadly no more pics of bare plastic. But that means I should have a finished painted version up in a few days. Any thought's on how I should paint it? I was thinking I'd use paint, but I could also use blood.

yeah, guys it's kinda funny seeing the images of the Sorcerer/Ahriman from my display case spread everywhere haha. I posted those on facebook to show a few of the worst placed mold lines and now I see them everywhere with people saying "look guys it's official in a forgeworld display case with the forgeworld TS contemptor in the background"

And as said the contemptor behind the FW one is a conversion. But I'm kinda flattered, as I've been shooting for a FW quality paint job for my army, so thanks for thinking those were from FW happy.png

Congrats! Your part of the conspiracy rumourmill now! Don't you feel illuminaughty?

As for the HH2 box (calling it b@c2 seams silly if it's not actually @c) I sincerely hope it is a box full of mk3. Despoilers or assault, breachers and tacticals, and some tartaros would be fine with me... I don't play 30K personally, I just want a bunch of mk3 for my black templars and possibly imperial/crimson fist allies...

Now I might play 30K in the future with my BT as scouring era... but i still dont think i would want any SoS and Custodes...

Th w rumours have been so heavily blender mashed at this point idk what is going to be in it... seams almost on purpose now...

I'll just wait for an official image or atia to straight up say what's in the box...

Archived