The New HH Box (Highly Likely to be Prospero) - Happy?

Balthamal

My GW has close links to guys in the Headquarters. They said the sourceror is Ahriman and they "Can't say" Wink wink, nods head emphatically,  that the wolves will be getting  Bjorn (even though he wasn't anyone special at that point in the Heresy).

Both in plastic.......

Personally what i'm hoping for is a little like this

Space wolves:

20 Men in iron armour to be assembled as vets or tactical.

Special character (possibly Bjorn).

Some sort of dreadnought.

Thousand Sons:
10 MK4 assault marines
5 Tartaros pattern terminators

Ahriman

if it's like that with the legion specific special characters and the generic everything else, i would be exceedingly happy.

Thank you for reposting that image for probably the twentieth time.

Somehow, it still doesn't change the fact that that picture must be more than twenty years old, and that new pictures and descriptions don't particularly match with the model we saw.

Of course, saying that doesn't mean it is not ahriman. However, the pictures from visions of heresy and saying that atia, sad panda and whoever else say say so doesn't prove the contrary.

However, I think this is a non-debate: 90% of the player base won't care if it is ahriman or a random thousand son sorceror (or any officer you want). 90% of the player base care that it is not a generic legion, which makes him unusable for their army

Of the ten % who do care, a lot might be disappointed if it does prove to be ahriman and he doesn't get a character series model, as that sculpt is rather bland for one of the twenty most important space marines in the setting. For random TS ? Sure, he's okay I guess. For Ahri?...

My GW did say there are no vehicles and there will be sisters of silence and custodes. I don't know how many of either. Personally I'd rather a vehicle.

...I really don't want plastic SoS or Custodes, much rather FW did them (even though that would probably mean I couldn't afford them would be unwilling to buy them.)

Still, not wholly convinced on any of this. Perhaps it's best to just ignore the rumors until solid pictorial evidence emerges. I hope that happens soon, though.

My GW did say there are no vehicles and there will be sisters of silence and custodes. I don't know how many of either. Personally I'd rather a vehicle.

i honesty dont believe your store....

mainly because that means that forge world wont be able to release their legion conversion kits like they did for B@C and that seems like really shooting themselves in the foot...

mainly because that means that forge world wont be able to release their legion conversion kits like they did for B@C and that seems like really shooting themselves in the foot...

Its just what a blueshirt in the shop told me. It's the Dublin GW which is 22 years old tomorrow, so it is close to the English headquarters. Then again in terms of strength of the rumours its just something a guy in the store said he was told.

All mark III armour. He hadn't heard anything one way or another about breachers. He said its out for the Christmas market and will definitely be Prospero.

I believed him and see no reason he'd lie but in terms of the strength of my info? Pretty weak- its pure hearsay. I'd mark me down as plausible but nothing better for now.

Edit: Thats a good point, I agree. A vanilla box set makes more financial sense. Who knew GW ever to make financial sense tho. The idea behind Bjorn was speculated in the conversation I had as being GWs new policy of giving people what they want.

Its just what a blueshirt in the shop told me. It's the Dublin GW which is 22 years old tomorrow, so it is close to the English headquarters. Then again in terms of strength of the rumours its just something a guy in the store said he was told.

All mark III armour. He hadn't heard anything one way or another about breachers. He said its out for the Christmas market and will definitely be Prospero.

I believed him and see no reason he'd lie but in terms of the strength of my info? Pretty weak- its pure hearsay. I'd mark me down as plausible but nothing better for now.

anyhow, all we really know is that a lot is apparently gonna be revealed tomorrow...

that's all we know for sure...

You know, I've realized why it could be possible that the box might include Sisters or Custodes: not as a faction per se, but as a special model or bonus for the boxed game; after all, the box is a board game on itself, so it makes sense that there are some special things for some of the missions. It could be possible that there are just a couple of both to be used in certain missions.

That way, it could be a first taste of what they might be, without GW "robbing" them from FW (I don't think the FW team would be happy if they couldn't do them, as the heresy is their main project).

EDIT: spelling, writing with the phone is a nightmare.

You know, I've realized why could be possible that the box might include Sisters or Custodes: not as a faction per se, but as a special model or bonus dor the boxed game; after all, the box is a board game on itself, so it makes sense that there are some special things for some of the missions. It could ve possible that there are just a couple of both to be used in certain missions.

That way, it could be a first taste of ehat they might be, without GW "robbing" them from FW (I don't think the FW team woild be happy if they couldn't do them, as the heresy is their main project).

mabye there will be a single custode leading the space wolves maybe it's Amon Tauromachian?

i say this because Bjorn was still not even a captain at that time and forge world have repeatedly outright stated he wont be a model in the horus heresy...

You know, I've realized why could be possible that the box might include Sisters or Custodes: not as a faction per se, but as a special model or bonus dor the boxed game; after all, the box is a board game on itself, so it makes sense that there are some special things for some of the missions. It could ve possible that there are just a couple of both to be used in certain missions.

That way, it could be a first taste of ehat they might be, without GW "robbing" them from FW (I don't think the FW team woild be happy if they couldn't do them, as the heresy is their main project).

mabye there will be a single custode leading the space wolves maybe it's Amon Tauromachian?

i say this because Bjorn was still not even a captain at that time and forge world have repeatedly outright stated he wont be a model in the horus heresy...

That would a dick move on FW's part. If Tsons will get a unique character, why not SW's?

Ftr I don't have a problem with SoS or Custodes being in plastic/being in the next B@C box. Plastic means I'll have more real world money for more real world things.

That would a dick move on FW's part. If Tsons will get a unique character, why not SW's?

Ftr I don't have a problem with SoS or Custodes being in plastic/being in the next B@C box. Plastic means I'll have more real world money for more real world things.

FW said not Bjorn. They didn't say no Space Wolf Characters: they're just going to focus on the characters that actually are important to the Space Wolves Legion as a whole, at the time of the burning of Prospero.

I don't have a mega problem with Sisters of Silence or Custodes. Having both of them in (I suspect one Custodes max, possibly 5 Sisters, more likely 3) means that they'll have to seriously limit the number of Space Wolves compared to Thousand Sons. Having the cadre of Sisters vs. a Legion-Castellax (from the TSs allied Forge World) would probably have made more sense from a balance perspective imo. We'll just have to see how this goes.

If (and I'm still highly sceptical that it's true) we get Sisters and Custodes in the box I'm going to have to re-think what I want to do with it.

If it was a complete kit of MKIII armour marines, I would instantly kick-start an Iron Warriors army.

But if we get just a unit or two of MKIII (or the rumoured MKIII/MKIV split) as well as SOS and Custodes, I'll only get half the value out of the box.

For me, that was what made B@C such a successful product - it was an instant army, any Legion I wanted. If GW change that format, I think they will sell fewer units as it won't appeal to such a large portion of gamers/collectors.

That's not to say I won't buy it though - it will just have to be a real bargain.

That would be awesome! Seems unlikely but would make me very happy. 

Somehow, it still doesn't change the fact that that picture must be more than twenty years old, and that new pictures and descriptions don't particularly match with the model we saw.

Of course, saying that doesn't mean it is not ahriman. However, the pictures from visions of heresy and saying that atia, sad panda and whoever else say say so doesn't prove the contrary.

However, I think this is a non-debate: 90% of the player base won't care if it is ahriman or a random thousand son sorceror (or any officer you want). 90% of the player base care that it is not a generic legion, which makes him unusable for their army

Of the ten % who do care, a lot might be disappointed if it does prove to be ahriman and he doesn't get a character series model, as that sculpt is rather bland for one of the twenty most important space marines in the setting. For random TS ? Sure, he's okay I guess. For Ahri?...

It looks identical to the model.

Identical is a very bold word.

It looks alot like the model, or it looks very similar to the model would be far more appropriate.

First, the model has those two relatively big horns that the picture does not, and the model's 'groin plate' is actually a series of linked circular pieces, while the picture shows a single plate far more similar to the Deathshrouds' own

Actually I agree that the picture looks as near to identical as makes no difference. Now I'm only just realising now that this picture hadn't been posted in this thread previously, and that you must not have been on the one focused on the model.

However - what does that change about my point? Did I say anywhere that the model doesn't look like the picture? No, I said that it is an old, and therefore potentially outdated picture, and therefore it is just as possible for GW to say: "you know this piece of artwork? That's a random TS guy. THIS is Ahriman."

My other point is the most important: Anybody who buys the box but doesn't play 30k Thousand Sons will be essentially wasting money (or a lot of time converting) on this model, whether it is Ahriman or not. And those 30k Thousand Sons players who do want Ahriman would probably have been more pleased with a Character Series model that is more detailed, and probably about the same price once this plastic one comes out independently.

-> Making a legion-specific character reduces the interest of the box. Making it a plastic legion-specific Special character and not have a resin equivalent reduces the interest even more, and penalises the player who wanted a nice resin version.

FW said not Bjorn. They didn't say no Space Wolf Characters: they're just going to focus on the characters that actually are important to the Space Wolves Legion as a whole, at the time of the burning of Prospero.

I don't have a mega problem with Sisters of Silence or Custodes. Having both of them in (I suspect one Custodes max, possibly 5 Sisters, more likely 3) means that they'll have to seriously limit the number of Space Wolves compared to Thousand Sons. Having the cadre of Sisters vs. a Legion-Castellax (from the TSs allied Forge World) would probably have made more sense from a balance perspective imo. We'll just have to see how this goes.

Problem is that so far there are no important Space Wolves characters to date.

Most are passing references or die or are not mentioned on Prospero.

So even though Bjorn is not a captain or what have you he is about the only wolf character with any continuation within the Heresy setting.

Hope yhe plastic is Ahriman and Hathor Maat or Phosis T'Kar get the resin treatment.

Ahriman was not that omportant during yhe HH as his psyker powers were waning while other castes powers were on the ascendancy.

Dick move by FW would be to give SW Lord Gunn as special character because he dies immediately sfter Prospero so it is a dwad end character and cant be used in a progressive manner such as Abaddon Polux etc...

This is totally off topic.

On topic are we still getting our knickers in a knot over a picture of plastic sorceror or do we have anything concrete to disseminate to the masses?

I am getting bored of reading about peoples wish list/ random guesses about the next board game

I'd be pretty happy to see Godsmote. That'd be cool. I'd take him over Bjorn.

We'll still see Bjorn before the end of the Heresy, he's just not big on Prospero so give someone else a go.

Ahriman was not that omportant during yhe HH as his psyker powers were waning while other castes powers were on the ascendancy.

Well, first captain/chief librarian of the librarian legion is still pretty important, if only on the political level.

But I see your points and agree with them in the most part :)

Archived