Greetings once again,

I'm looking for some opinions as I contemplate my next endeavor.  I am a big fan of the Victory is Vengeance campaign system and am strongly considering making a catalogue to represent creating forces for this ruleset.  However, I'm acutely aware that we are already a small community and those who are actually playing this campaign are probably even fewer.  

Is there any interest in a Victory is Vengeance battlescribe catalogue?

This saved me so much time, great work!

One question though: Did I miss and errata or update in one of the books that allow Tac Support squads to get Volkite Chargers(they can in the 'scribe)? I know they can take Calivers... I don't have Extermination if it's in that one.

Tactical support squads have the option for volkite chargers in the Crusade Army List book, which contains all the errata and updates to previous versions.

Hi Milicant

Apologies again for not posting this in the issue register and thanks again for all the excellent work.

I'm still finding the Tarantulas charging me an extra 30 points. If this is fixed all good, I've tried to update the data files and check the entry but still over costing for me.

Additionally, Tactical squad sergeants currently have the option to replace their bolt pistol. This is incorrect as I've found to my chagrin (ripping off a power fist on one of my half painted sarges, completely my bad). A tactical sarge can replace their bolter or chainsword (if they have one) for the special weapons.

Thanks again mate, this is a great tool!

Tarantulas have been fixed, not sure why you're still getting that error.  Let me know if that persists and I can investigate further.  

Tactical squads fixed... argh don't know how I messed that up.  

So... just to get this straight.  They originally, in Massacre, did not allow Tac sarges to replace their bolt pistol with one of their special weapon options.  Then they allowed it in the FAQ.  And now they have removed that option again in the Crusade book?

Hey kitwulfen: yes it seems that way.  New wording states "may exchange bolter and/or chainsword" so it seems the FAQ has been overruled.  That or it will be re-FAQ'd at some point, who knows?

Nusquam: yup Cactus has it correct.  Thanks Cactus!

One thing I noticed I don't know if its a mistake but when I chose the pride of the legion rite of war it doesn't add veteran, terminators, or legion terminators to troops. Thanks again for all your hard work

Whoops that sure is a mistake!  A big one too.  :P I totally forgot to include that once hiding entries was introduced.  I'm working on this now but it may take me a little bit since the rule states that it also applies to any Legion-specific terminator squads!  I have to go through them all and apply this.  :)

Great catch, thank you for pointing it out! 

Hey Millicant, when you update the legion specific terminators for pride of the legion be sure to only include the ones that can be take as elites choices. No heavy support terminators as troops with POL unfortunately.

Hey Millicant, when you update the legion specific terminators for pride of the legion be sure to only include the ones that can be take as elites choices. No heavy support terminators as troops with POL unfortunately.

Oh my!  "...which is also an elites choice." I conveniently ignored that, I'm afraid.  Another great catch - preemptive even!  Thank you very much Brother Molokai.  :thumbsup:

Okay all of this Pride of the Legion stuff has been fixed and released.  

No worries Millicant. You're the one doing all the work, the least we can do is offer tidbits as we come across them.

Thanks for the kind words.  :)

To be honest, all the input and corrections are a huge help, more than I think I can convey!  Over this rather large document (I'm not sure but I'm willing to bet that this is one of, if not THE, largest battlescribe catalogue out there) I obviously made a few errors.  I would never be able to find all of these, so the feedback gives me a warm and fuzzy that it is getting closer to 100% accurate.  More specifically, the recent lack of feedback says volumes.  :tu: 

the Iron Father upgrade seems to be missing from the Iron hands Praetor. Under the Head of the Gorgon RoW, Rhinos aren't available for some reason? My understanding of the Rite was that I could choose to take a Rhino or a Land Raider instead of it automatically exchanging all Rhinos for Land Raiders.

I'm really liking the catalogue though! Far better than the one that was out before and will be a huge help for me in planning out my army. Huge thanks to you Millicant.

Hey SillyDreadnought,

You're very welcome - thank you for the feedback!

I made an oops and put the Iron Father under the Centurion instead of the Praetor!  That has been fixed - let me know if that causes any further issues.  :tu:

Regarding dedicated transports:  Almost every entry regarding Rites of War and dedicated transports states "may instead take ____."  I say almost because the only exception is the Iron Hands, which states "may take ____ instead."  A very subtle difference, and one I chose to ignore.  As with every other Rite of War, it was my understanding that the intent was to replace your dedicated transport options.  If you feel this is incorrect, let me know!  I'd rather have a discussion about it and figure out the right answer than just impose my interpretation on people if I'm not correct.  That being said, I won't change it for a single Legion.  This seems to be a fairly obvious case of very similar wording that was meant to be identical.  

The rule reads:

Any infantry unit of ten models or less eligible to take a Rhino as Dedicated Transport may take a Landraider Proteus or Landraider Phobos as Dedicated Transport instead.

To me, that means that any eligible unit (on a unit by unit basis) can either take a Rhino, or a Landraider Proteus or Landraider Phobos as their Dedicated Transport.

So I would say that the Rhino should still be a Dedicated Transport option for the eligible Iron Hands units.

Regarding dedicated transports:  Almost every entry regarding Rites of War and dedicated transports states "may instead take ____."  I say almost because the only exception is the Iron Hands, which states "may take ____ instead."  A very subtle difference, and one I chose to ignore.

I really don't see the difference.

The way you're going is the way it's set up in the Oribtal Assault RoW, where every unit -MUST- take a Drop Pod/Dreadclaw if it can take one. Which is as you say, it replaces the available transport options. Whereas the Mechanized Assault and Head of the Gorgon add additional options to the available selection of transports.

The rule reads:

Any infantry unit of ten models or less eligible to take a Rhino as Dedicated Transport may take a Landraider Proteus or Landraider Phobos as Dedicated Transport instead.

To me, that means that any eligible unit (on a unit by unit basis) can either take a Rhino, or a Landraider Proteus or Landraider Phobos as their Dedicated Transport.

So I would say that the Rhino should still be a Dedicated Transport option for the eligible Iron Hands units.

Regarding dedicated transports:  Almost every entry regarding Rites of War and dedicated transports states "may instead take ____."  I say almost because the only exception is the Iron Hands, which states "may take ____ instead."  A very subtle difference, and one I chose to ignore.

I really don't see the difference.

The way you're going is the way it's set up in the Oribtal Assault RoW, where every unit -MUST- take a Drop Pod/Dreadclaw if it can take one. Which is as you say, it replaces the available transport options. Whereas the Mechanized Assault and Head of the Gorgon add additional options to the available selection of transports.

Hmm, I see what you guys are saying, but unfortunately I still disagree.  I have e-mailed Forgeworld to ask and we will see what they say.  It seems clear to me, but I'm not a dictator.  If down the road I need to acquiesce to Iron Hands players, I will do so.  Until then, I will wait for an official response!

Hey I have noticed that for the death guard that Deathshround terminators arn't listed in the elite section

Well, that's because they are an HQ choice!  ;)  Unless I'm missing something, they aren't an Elite choice at any point.  Let me know if I'm missing a situation where they are.

I just want to say you are my hero, and thanks for the great work on this!

Thanks!  My pleasure - I'm glad you're enjoying it.  

Newest version has been released with a few other bugfixes as well.  

Well, you guys were right!

Forgeworld responded and stated that unless the Rite of War excludes the Rhino from being used (ala Orbital Assault) they are still supposed to be available.  

This will take a little while for me to fix, as it is a rather complicated part of the catalogue.  As I work on that - anybody know of any other case where a Rhino is NOT a valid option from a Rite of War?  Orbital Assault seems obvious, any others?

Hi!

I have just found a problem. I am using death guard with calas typhon and the reaping as RoW. It seems the rad grenades have disappeared. i cannot select them for my sergeant and apothecarius...

Great work Millicant! Thx for doing this and enabling us building lists easier.

Well, you guys were right!

Forgeworld responded and stated that unless the Rite of War excludes the Rhino from being used (ala Orbital Assault) they are still supposed to be available. 

Thanks for the clarification Millicant. It's always good to get 100% confirmation from GW/FW on these matters!

Keep up the good work, your Heresy Battlescribe Catalogue is absolutely superb!

Hi!

I have just found a problem. I am using death guard with calas typhon and the reaping as RoW. It seems the rad grenades have disappeared. i cannot select them for my sergeant and apothecarius...

Great work Millicant! Thx for doing this and enabling us building lists easier.

Works for me; are you sure you haven't deleted/deselcted your RoW or your Legion?

No, i have tested it again, selecting RoW and calas typhon, but still no legion specific upgrade. It worked fine until the last update.

But it is not a big problem, it's 10 points each, so it's easy to calculate.

Archived