Response from Forgeworld

These flyers do not have to be lords of war themselves. Hope this helps!

Good news :)

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

Alright, I will get started on including other flyers. What else needs to be added? Is it only the Lightning Primaris?

Millicant, firstly I just want5 to echo all the statements of thanks on here for the work you are putting in, absolutely Epic and what a tool you have created for us so far.  It has really helped me in list building etc. 

now for my query:

When selecting a TA Praetor for my Salamanders list I don't seem to be able to select a Firedrakes squad as his command squad.  Have I missed something? I can select and equip that squad in the elites section but not in the praetors entry. 

One thing I've noticed, it's such a small thing I almost don't want to mention it so don't worry about rushing to fix it or anything, the legion terminator squad in the elites section is actually called legion terminator command squad on the file for some reason. Sorry, seems really silly, just my 'ocd' -.-

Haha no worries!  This was actually just fixed a few days ago.  That's definitely not too small to be brought up!  Thanks for catching that - and always feel free to tell me about tiny little insignificant bugs - we're making a better version together.  :)

Millicant, firstly I just want5 to echo all the statements of thanks on here for the work you are putting in, absolutely Epic and what a tool you have created for us so far.  It has really helped me in list building etc. 

now for my query:

When selecting a TA Praetor for my Salamanders list I don't seem to be able to select a Firedrakes squad as his command squad.  Have I missed something? I can select and equip that squad in the elites section but not in the praetors entry. 

Thank you for your kind words.  :)  That always helps me keep this going.  

Ugh, nice catch.  Incorrect Copy/Paste error on my part.  Fixed!  ;)  However, this has introduced a new bug which I'm not sure how to fix...  It makes the Firedrake Terminators visible as troops, yet still kicks the appropriate error since you are not able to select them.  Weird... I will continue to investigate.  (This is also true for Deathshroud Terminators, very odd.)

Bowlzee, I also added the Primaris-Lightning to the Strike Wing Lord of War slot.  

Hmmm good catch Castiel, I will fix that soon!

Naryn I really appreciate the kind words. The catalogue was a large undertaking, so having people use and enjoy it makes the effort totally worth it. :smile.:

Anything I can do to help mate! The whole system is amazing, great work!

Hey Milicant, while goofing around yesterday in the Heavy Support options I attempted to make a list that took the maximum amount of Volkite Culverins, primarily through Heavy Support Squads.

While writing the list, I decided to chose Iron Warriors as the Legion and upon doing so discovered that it gave the option of taking Heavy Support Squads as Troops. Take note that this wasn't with any rite of war or anything similar. Just the base Legion Astartes : Iron Warriors rule.

We talked about it and verified it and found no mention of it anywhere in the books.

Just wanted to letcha' know about this.

Also, the result was 70 Volkite Culverin wielding Marines for a total of 280 Shots (Heavy 4) before calculating Deflagrate.

I also want to thank you guys for the great work you've done. Made my life a whole lot easier, and I appreciate it!

My pleasure! I'm glad you like it. :)

Slipstreams:

I noticed this in the Heavy Support tactics thread and was going to comment, but you beat me to it! I'm actually not sure how that happened. I'll look into it shortly. I'm not sure if I just clicked the wrong box of if I thought there was a way to unlock them. Thanks for catching that - nice work.

Glad to be of Service!

Still, a list pumping out 200+ volkite shots would be pretty funny :tongue.:

Okay this is a bigger problem, I am discovering.  I don't know when this happened, but as of now there is a rather significant bug in Battlescribe.  Any time an entry is chosen, it automatically reveals the other links to that entry which should remain hidden until their conditions are met.  In this instance, Heavy Support Squads should be troops for the Death Guard Rite of War "The Reaping."  They are hidden until you have The Reaping chosen in your roster.  Now, however, regardless of Legion or anything else in the roster, as soon as you add one selection of Legion Heavy Support Squad, the troops link is also revealed.  

This is happening for EVERYTHING currently, from Phoenix Terminators to Heavy Support Squads.  Unfortunately this will need to be addressed by the creator of Battlescribe.  

Issues like this are inherent, unfortunately.  I pushed pretty hard for the incorporation of hidden entries, and at this point I believe my catalogues make the most extensive use of this feature.  Thus, we are the ones finding a lot of the bugs in this newest addition to the program.  Nonetheless, we shall prevail!

Wow...well...thats a pretty big bug...Glad we found it sooner rather than later...

Haha oddly enough this is rather small in comparison to the earlier bugs!  So far Jon (the creator of Battlescribe) has been extremely attentive and diligent about responding to and fixing these issues.  I have no worries.  :)

• 3 weeks later...

The Questoris Knight Styrix can be fielded in Horus Heresy games using the Battles in the Age of Darkness expansion as part of the forthcoming Questoris Knight Crusade Army list or as a Lords of War choice for any Horus Heresy army. Its rules can be found in The Horus Heresy Book Four - Conquest.

Time to add another option to the Lord of War slot for Legion Crusade Armies :D

Quick update:

There is currently an issue with the catalogues.  Once you've added a unit, any previously hidden links to that unit also become visible.  This is a error in Battlescribe that Jon is aware of and is working to fix.  He said to expect a fix in the next release or two.  

In the meantime, please pay attention to the errors - as this will generally tell you when an illegal unit has been chosen.  The error will typically say "may not have any selections of ____ (hidden)" if this error is affecting your choice.  

Thank you for your patience, brothers.  

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting for new knights from book 4.

If there is anything I can help - I will help you, just let me know.

Thanks for great work!

Thanks man! I'm waiting on my copy right now, it was shipped on Monday. Hopefully soon...

Either way, I want to have a crack at it before I enlist any help. I'm a little particular about catalogue creation. I will be getting started as soon as it arrives, probably over thanksgiving. I'm sure I will be back here for feedback and particular thoughts on how to organize the new force orgs, knights, and Solar Auxilia.

Initial Update - HH4: Conquest

Horus Heresy Battlescribe Respository

The initial update for Conquest has been released for Battlescribe.  This does not include the Solar Auxilia list yet - that is a larger project and with my work schedule, will most likely take me a few weeks.  

What it does include:

-New Force Organization charts from Conquest, including strategic raid and cityfight.  

-Questoris Knight army list.  

-Update to Taghmata Omnissiah to include Archmagos Draykavac

-Other small bugfixes.  

Concerning the Knight list:

I decided to organize it in the simplest manner possible.  This means that you will choose your knight's ranks, and as a subordinate choice, their armour variant.  I think it makes the most sense - let me know if you think otherwise.  Of note, the special rules for each rank have been omitted.  Again, this is my friendly way of ensuring that my catalogues aren't able to replace the books entirely as well as saving a butt-load of typing.  I'm sorry if this bothers you, but my ongoing policy has been sensible and varied omissions.  

Additionally, There is an entry for "Legendary Freeblade" with the points listed as (special: see individual costs) and I was unsure what this meant.  Anybody have any ideas?  

Lastly, an ongoing THANK YOU to Jon of Battlescribe, who has made all of this possible.  Though the free version is perfectly functional and totally sweet, I purchased Battlescribe happily to support this man and his awesome project.  I can only heartily recommend the same.  

The initial update for Conquest has been released for Battlescribe.  This does not include the Solar Auxilia list yet - that is a larger project and with my work schedule, will most likely take me a few weeks.  

What it does include:

-New Force Organization charts from Conquest, including strategic raid and cityfight.  

-Other small bugfixes.  

I decided to organize it in the simplest manner possible.  This means that you will choose your knight's ranks, and as a subordinate choice, their armour variant.  I think it makes the most sense - let me know if you think otherwise.  Of note, the special rules for each rank have been omitted.  Again, this is my friendly way of ensuring that my catalogues aren't able to replace the books entirely as well as saving a butt-load of typing.  I'm sorry if this bothers you, but my ongoing policy has been sensible and varied omissions.  

Additionally, There is an entry for "Legendary Freeblade" with the points listed as (special: see individual costs) and I was unsure what this meant.  Anybody have any ideas?  

Lastly, an ongoing THANK YOU to Jon of Battlescribe, who has made all of this possible.  Though the free version is perfectly functional and totally sweet, I purchased Battlescribe happily to support this man and his awesome project.  I can only heartily recommend the same.  

The Legendary Freeblade is probably future-proofing, for the 30k equivalents of The Green Knight.

What it does include:

-Other small bugfixes.  

Thank you for the list! The knight list works very well so far, even with the omissions. :thumbsup:

Archived