No, i have tested it again, selecting RoW and calas typhon, but still no legion specific upgrade. It worked fine until the last update.

But it is not a big problem, it's 10 points each, so it's easy to calculate.

You're not looking at the sgt weapons to add the 'nades are you? Not sure which version of Battlescribe you're using so can't really help in that regard, but they'll be under 'Legion specific wargear'...

Yes, i know where they are. But that's the problem. There aren't any options to select at legion specific wargear. If i open my older lists i have to deselect them to get a list without the red sign. And if i do so, they disappear.

I am currently using v26 of the horus heresy data.

Thx for all the help btw. I am not so familiar with such a great community like here. Everyone is helpfull, that's just great!

Okay, I think I discovered the problem.  Unfortunately, this is NOT limited to Rad grenades!  It seems that none of the Rites of War are working correctly.  I'm trying to find an older version of Battlescribe now to verify that 1.14.03b is the issue.  

As of now, it seems that the latest edition of Battlescribe (1.14.03b) breaks the catalogue.  If somebody has a link to an older download version so I can verify this, I would be grateful, otherwise we'll need to wait for a fix.  Or, worst case scenario, I'll need to re-write a metric :cuss-ton of entries.  It'll get fixed eventually, one way or another! :)

Gday Millicant.

Im in the process of writing a death guard list. After selecting the reaping rite of war, there is no option to take rad greanades on my tactical sergeants. Also, there is no option for heavy support squads as troops.

A bit strange, as these options were available before i updated today.

Cheers bud

Gday Millicant.

Im in the process of writing a death guard list. After selecting the reaping rite of war, there is no option to take rad greanades on my tactical sergeants. Also, there is no option for heavy support squads as troops.

A bit strange, as these options were available before i updated today.

Cheers bud

See Millicant's post above (it's a known issue with Rites of War and he's working on it)

Hey gents!

Molokai and urza, thanks for the feedback. It is an issue with the current edition of battlescribe that I believe had been sorted with the latest beta. The full release should follow shortly with a proper fix to make this all work again. I'll post here again with a link to announce it. We're very lucky that Jon (the creator of battlescribe) is very in tune with the community and the ongoing projects. He has shown interest in the Horus Heresy stuff more than once and we have all benefited from his willingness to deliver such an excellent product.

As far as the dedicated transports go, I just haven't gotten around to it yet, I apologize. It will be handled soon but I'm having to do a lot of double/triple checking and backtracking to make sure I hit everything. With so many crazy exceptions and conditions to the norm I have to be sure to cover everything. It will be done though, I assure you of that!

Thanks for your patience and feedback everyone! I'm glad the files have been useful. :)

Hi Millicant.

First off awesome work on this big thumbs up.

I think I've found a small bug with tac support squad sergeants not being able to access the weapons that there squads can. Or power weapons.

Hmm can you be more specific? I will take a look at this more closely this weekend.

Nusquam same goes for you: I'll check the points this weekend.

Thanks for the feedback guys! We'll perfect this thing together.

Hey Millicant, thank's for the awesome work. 

Also encountered a problem, though it could be on my end.

When I select the Pride of the Legion RoW, the first time it moved Veteran Tacticals to troops but now it no longer does so. 

I'll try and just uninstall everything and do it all fresh but I wanted to bring this to your attention either way.

This is when I built a 3k Point IF list with Sigismund as Master of the Legion. It brought templar to troops just fine and PotL did bring Terminators down, but not Vet Tacs.

Sorry mate yeah . 

heavy support squad sergeant doesnt have the option for the heavy weapon his squad carries

tac support sergeant doesnt have the option to have the weapon his squad carries ie plasma guns or meltas

realise this is prob not a bug as today is the first time ive used BS so apologies if its just me having a senior moment

Hey Millicant, thank's for the awesome work. 

Also encountered a problem, though it could be on my end.

When I select the Pride of the Legion RoW, the first time it moved Veteran Tacticals to troops but now it no longer does so. 

I'll try and just uninstall everything and do it all fresh but I wanted to bring this to your attention either way.

This is when I built a 3k Point IF list with Sigismund as Master of the Legion. It brought templar to troops just fine and PotL did bring Terminators down, but not Vet Tacs.

Hey there - this was a previously identified issue that hasn't quite resolved yet.  You can read the previous posts for a few more details.  Down below in this post you can read more where I'll explain for everybody.  

Sorry mate yeah . 

heavy support squad sergeant doesnt have the option for the heavy weapon his squad carries

tac support sergeant doesnt have the option to have the weapon his squad carries ie plasma guns or meltas

realise this is prob not a bug as today is the first time ive used BS so apologies if its just me having a senior moment

Okay I think I see what you're saying.  The way I have it set up is meant to mirror the book entry.  So what that means for you is when you choose a special or heavy weapon for your squad, the sergeant also carries the same weapon by default!  You are charged points for it accordingly, but in order to de-select the heavy/special weapon you must choose the appropriate replacement.  This will decrease the points cost for the weapon selection in the main squad area.  The only catch is that you need to choose the squad weapon AFTER picking the sergeant's replacement (bolter, CCW, etc) otherwise it won't automatically correct the points.  Just a quirk of BS, I guess. 

Further, if you want to take a power weapon you must FIRST select to replace their primary weapon with a close combat weapon.  From there you can choose which one.  This is a bit convoluted, I realize, but I felt it was best way to closely replicate the book entries.  

Let me know if that doesn't make sense and I can add some pics to illustrate further.  :)

BS lists Legion Destroyers as cheaper than in book 1. Is this another crusade army list update?

Nope turns out I just screwed up.  Should be +40pts!! Yikes what a giant mistake, huh?  I just mis-typed the base cost before adding more Destroyer marines.  Should be fixed and uploaded soon.  Great catch - thanks!

Okay here is a bit of information for everybody:  

The Rites of War and missing entries WILL be corrected in the next release of Battlescribe.  This was all due to a small error that the creator included which inadvertently messed up the way this catalogue works.  I have already used the beta of the next release and these issues are corrected.  He is in the final stages of testing now and it will be released soon.  I apologize for the confusion as it has obviously rather severely impacted the use of the Horus Heresy catalogues.  I will post here again with a link once that version has been published.  The good news is that it has been identified and fixed by the author of BS, so I won't have to completely re-write the catalogue!  Yay!  

Thanks millicant.

On a different matter how did you go about creating the data file for this.  Id like to do one for my 40K Blood angels with all the forge world stuff in it for convinience as at the moment i have to add a codex space marine allies to get acces to contemptors and such goodies.

Thanks millicant.

On a different matter how did you go about creating the data file for this.  Id like to do one for my 40K Blood angels with all the forge world stuff in it for convinience as at the moment i have to add a codex space marine allies to get acces to contemptors and such goodies.

You're welcome!  :)

Editing is rather straightforward, especially if you have an existing catalogue to modify.  I would recommend that you simply run the catalogue editor (installed with Battlescribe by default) and then open your current Blood Angels catalogue.  Have a look around - see what the entries look like and how they are formed.  Then all you need to do is add a new entry for each unit/model you want to add to the catalogue.  Add the respective point values and options and you are set!

Definitely come back and ask any questions you have.  I should also let you know that the github 40k group is VERY active, and I believe they are working to add the various Forgeworld options to the Blood Angel codex.  Maybe check out the Appspot for Battlescribe Repositories and use that as a base?  Good luck!

Thanks millicant.

I actually have a Battlescribe catalog that has the FW goodies already added. https://www.dropbox.com/s/tdmyov1ma70e9j6/BA%20with%20FW.bsr Let me know if the link doesn't work.

Thanks for sharing, Marine!

Thanks again Milicant  your a bit of legend.

Frater thanks also but how do i get it from the dropbox to my battlescribe files?

Im a bit meh at I.T.

:happy.:

I wrote a quick guide to importing a catalogue file a few pages back - hopefully that will help.  

One important question, however, is whether Marine is using the same 40k gamesystem file that you are.  Hopefully he will let us know as that is rather important.  

I can't remember where I got the original file I based it off of. If you give me some time this weekend, I can download Millicant's file and update it with the FW goodies. I've been considering doing a datafile for the Fandex update that was done by a Frater on here a while back. I might take a crack at that this weekend as well. However, I don't expect to do any work on either until sometime Saturday due to needing to finish my ETL vow. Marathon paint session here I come.

Hmm Marine you said my file... I think you mean the 40k repository on the Appspot that I linked, correct?  I should clarify - those aren't all mine, I'm only one contributor of many, especially when it comes to the 40k repositories.  There are quite a few people working hard at the 40k catalogues, while I'm essentially the sole creator of the Horus Heresy stuff (with some help earlier on - thanks Cactus!).

Either way, they have an open issue to add the FW stuff to the BA catalogue.  I just don't know when it will be complete.  

Archived