I never thought to add a dark paint to the clear but that does sound nice. And what kind of world do I live in where you haven't seen Beetlejuice!

Anyways, back to the topic! I must start by saying that lord looks brutal and he has quite the presence. May he reap many souls!

The pox walkers also look great. The skin paint job is spot on.

Well, I checked it out and I wasn't even born when Beetlejuice came out, so that pretty much the only excuse I have ;). 

Thanks for the compliments, he did take some souls on the tournament!

That Chaos lord looks ace! I do like this paint scheme and the amount of converting you do 

Thanks a lot, converting is what I most enjoy of the army!

Very nice skin on those pow walkers.

Thanks, I'm quite happy with those myself.

Okay guys, after a weekend of extreme intensity and yesterday as a day of resting I've finally found some time to post agin in here. I did manage to paint everything on time for the tournament and had a blast but everything was so hectic I forgot to take pics, only a couple of my army :P... However as soon as the organisers post official pics I'll surely share them here and write some battle reports. As for actual results it went much better than the last one, I actually won 2 out of three games, but I didn't manage to win the best painted army, was left second by a gorgeous sisters of battle army! 

P4weJ1N.jpg

pH7HL8d.jpg

We only had a car for 10 people when returning, so at the end we all left as many models and boxes as we could on the car which returned packed with miniatures to our local store and went to the subway. However as soon as I get them back I'll post better individual pics of each unit. Next I'll be doing a couple of individual sculpts and some commissions, but I don't know what I will do when I return to the Harvesters.

That is an awesome army shot! look forwartd to seeing whats next

Thanks, I'm pretty proud of this army, next I'm doing a couple of random projects which you can see on my other thread, but I have to elaborate a new list for my HoS taking into account the CSM and DG Codex, so will have to paint that.

Facing this army must be delightful for every player.

Thanks, that's what I was aiming for, I always like it more when I play with and against painted models.

I have to concur with Sagentus and MikhalLeNoir. That is a great shot and it would be a treat to see that on the battlefield.

Congrats on your victories!

Thanks brother! It was an awesome tournament, sorry for not taking actual in-game pics :blush.:.

Awesome to see an army shot! Next group shot can be all models in the HoS legion instead of just the army list! Congrats on both the tournament and the army painting! Looking forward to seeing the sculpts and commissions!

Thanks Vairo! Everything I have painted for my 40k HoS is in that pic, everything else is either 30k or unfinished, unless you take my Officio Assassinorum detachment into account, but they're more like allies. 

Sorry for taking this long to post pics, but I wasn't able to go to my hobby store to take my models back untill yesterday, where we had a game untill 3 a.m. featuring Mortarion & Magnus (me!) vs Guilliman, 4 1500 points Chaos armies vs 6 1000 points Imperium ones. I hadn't laughed so much in a long time, really awesome and epic game, even though we lost at the end it was better than a lot of my victories. To compensate for not having made any in the tournament I made some photos:

3z8FmDm.jpg

Magnus deploys behind the cultist line to avoid nasty DS surprises, and in a corner to be out of range from...

8Y7DozV.jpg

... the smurf village!!! It turned out that three of the imperial opponents were ultramarine players, and managed to deploy 3000 points in two buildings... Possibly this is the worst match up ever for my play style.

k8VoeC7.jpg

Mortarion and the Death Guard deployed on the other side and even though the opponent I had in front was tough, his was nothing to laugh at either...

q3Otm28.jpg

... as two mechanicum players wanted to try out their new Codex, and the robot's fists are damage three (Mortarion only managed to take out three before getting smashed down... Virgultur would have done it better :P). Fun fact: the two kastellans with evil faces are actually mine, didn't finish them for my Dark Mechanicum army.

The game itself was awesome, with very epic moments including Mortarion doing more damage when he exploded that when he was alive, Guilliman failing to deal a single wound to Magnus in CC, Magnus getting killed by a bolt pistol after surviving the whole smurf town, a blood angel charging even though the rest of the team was screaming at him not to because then I would counter attack and kill Guilliman while he shouted "**** off, if my primarch is dead yours can die too!!!" and even this:

gpkafcx.jpg

The base might not fit... but the grappling hook does!

Now, back to my models, here you have photos of every unit I didn't post about before but I finished in time for the tournament:

Undead Thralls

aP63vRi.jpg

lOjl2jt.jpg

Cremators

dpw4NDe.jpg

q6dyHkS.jpg

RrQiCqs.jpg

Draugar

3ZJcu5z.jpg

Y57HNoE.jpg

p7IIlBS.jpg

Any comments and feedback will be appreciated, to improve for future models and because I plan on returning to this, didn't have time to do everything I wanted.

Those Cremator masks are very interesting, nice work.

Sounds like a great game too.

Thanks, I must admit that I wasn't completely convinced with them at first, but I like how they look in bigger numbers when painted.

Great job on your army!

Thank you, it's great to have a painted army at last!:P

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

The army shots are great! I always enjoy seeing those but I love in game shots too. Hats off to the Ultramarine player making use of the grappling hook.

Thanks, it was certainly a funny moment, wouldn't have allowed it in a tournament though ;).

Brilliant to see all these close up shots, really shows off the individuality of all minis! The grappling hook reiver made me chuckle, looks like a really fun tournament! Looking forward to seeing what you'll do in the future for the HoS!

Thanks Vairo, but that was just a big game we had in the weekend, not the actual tournament itself. Also I'm literally pouring with ideas for the HoS, I just need to test some lists to see which one works better for me.

That's an awesome looking army! I love the icons painted on top of the rhinos. Talk about some motivation, I'm definitely jealous haha!

Thanks, I'm really proud of at last having a painted army to speak of!

Also, in case anyone is interested, I wrote an article on my blog with more pics of the units, some fluff and a brief review of the tournament.

Yeah, I wouldn't really let it fly but the grappling hook sold it. I would be afraid to put that together as I fear the bit would bend or snap.

Thinking about it, I love the new base sizes and even the terrain ones GW put out. But that extra size has screwed me out of great terrain because I couldn't fit a whole squad haha.:rolleyes:

Yeah, I wouldn't really let it fly but the grappling hook sold it. I would be afraid to put that together as I fear the bit would bend or snap.

Thinking about it, I love the new base sizes and even the terrain ones GW put out. But that extra size has screwed me out of great terrain because I couldn't fit a whole squad haha.:rolleyes:

Yeah, I know what you mean, gaming-wise small bases are better for shooty units, while larger bases are better for CC ones, at least in my opinion. I use 32mm on everyone because they look cooler :P.

Your army is gorgeous, very much one of my favorites! Makes me wish i could paint hehe. Plus i really like the thematic conversions, very well thought out designs for specific units while maintaining a coherent whole. 

Thanks, I feel flattered! The HoS are a mix of very different units indeed, but the limited palette colour scheme does wonders for tying an army together ;).

I spent the whole afternoon doing something I should have done a while ago... sorting bitz! I got a compartimented box and sorted the bitz I had from before, as well as adding all the pieces I had still in boxes just taking a lot of space:

qOhHPZg.jpg

FohSSbr.jpg

I'll probably spend a great deal of tomorrow's afternoon on it too, but hell, it needed to be done!

However I didn't post exclusively for sharing this, but also for asking for some input. As you might have seen on my other thread, I have a quite large commission to make, but the Call of Chaos has started and I really want the Warmaster of Chaos badge, so I'm vowing six units :P. The question is, which ones? I need some Obliterators, so those could be an option, and some extra cultists would be nice too, but painting twenty models is kind of time consuming... another thing I've been wanting to do is start a daemon force, so maybe I could make some heralds... And my next competitive list will most likely involve Aeatos'Rau'Keres and the Changeling, so count-as for those would be great. With this in mind I've developed two possible vows:

Vow 1

- 2x3 Obliterators 

- 2x10 Cultists

- 2x1 Herald

Vow 2

- 2x3 Obliterators

- 2x1 heralds

- The Changeling

- Aeatos'Rau'Keres

Which basically means, should I go for the first one which is pretty doable or risk it a lot in the name of the dark gods and attemp to sculpt and paint a huge model between others before the event ends? :P Really interested in hearing your opinions.

Classy looking bits box! Always cool to see other ppl's bits box. I also vote for vow 2, I mean you completed your army before your tournament and there were a lot more models to do so I'm sure you'd be able to handle it. Looking forward to seeing you make some obliterators!

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the late reply, I've been quite busy lately, but I did go for vow 2... Which probably was a mistake as there is now way I'm finishing that in time :P... However I did make some work (not much) on it. For starters, I converted a gargoyle to be the mount that my heralds will use, or to simply be used as screamers when I need to (herald is magnetised):

zvo0OQ3.jpg

Also did a skeleton for the herald, to see how he will stand on it:

H39vgo1.jpg

At this point this is basically just a concept, so any input and ideas will be greatly appreciated.

On the other hand, I'm supposed to make a Malal Aetaos'Rau'Keres count as, which I did make a sketch about:

KClfFuS.jpg

I'm still not sure about how I'll make the wings and, as you can see on the picture, I haven't decided between hooves ore claws for the feet. For the pose I'll be doing the one at the low-left of the paper. I even started the body, but it is pretty much in stand-by fit now:

N56VOUA.jpg

However, after trying the new Necromunda yesterday and probably because of my hobby butterfly syndrome, my next project will be an Orlock gang, mixing their old biker style with the new armoured look previewed today on the Warhammer Community.

The other thing I wanted to ask you guys about is if you think I should keep two threads, one for my Lost Legion and their allies and the other for everything else, or if I should mix both. The thing is that now that I'm not posting as much two separate threads don't make that much sense, but but I'm not sure, what would you prefer?

Just post everything here so i don't miss it:)

I'm looking forward to seeing what happens with the greater demon, seems like a solid beginning and if the sketch is anything to go by, the end result will be sweet! Reminds me of the capra demon from dark souls:)

First off, the screamer, WOW! I really like the concept you've made reality there. That thing is going to be stellar!

Second, MALAL, WHAAAATTTTTTTTTTTT!? You are making me want to dig up my Sons of Malice just to show them the concept art you have. I REALLY want to see that project take off.

As for the threads idea I say its up to how you feel about it. Two works as you have invested so much into each of your projects...but New Years is around the corner and could make for a wonderful time to compile everything into a singular hobby thread.

Wow the mount is looking really cool, definitely looking forward to seeing more of the herald. And that Malal is shaping up really nicely so far, I'm personally more a fan of the clawed feet. Looking forward to seeing what you do for the Orlock gang! Also I agree with hushrong in that the threads is just depending on what you'd prefer yourself. I'm perfectly fine commenting in both threads or in a single one. 

Archived