The chaos chopper bike looks great! The sculpting on the chaos warriors is really well done! I like how you've sculpted over the original torso instead of just replacing the chest plate, I think it fits really well. Also an idea for the chariot itself would be to turn it into some sort of smaller daemon engine? Looking forward to seeing more!

Thanks a lot brother, I'm glad that you like them! About the chariot the problem I have is that it has neither legs nor arms, so converting it into a dinobot could prove to be difficult. That said I don't see much more which I can do with him so he might end up like one nevertheless with a crazy amount of greenstuff and plasticard!

Well yesterday I managed to make a lightning trip to my local GW store and picked up Astrogranite textured paint. First I must say that I don't understand why everyone is so excited about the new texturised paints, I liked the older Astrogranite much more, this one is too thin and is more difficult to apply to the base.

But the important thing is that I managed to base twenty-two models in two days and now I just have to apply layers and layers of water effect through the following days.
At the moment (which means, a single layer has just been applied) I have this:
gallery_92948_12550_132700.jpg
gallery_92948_12550_66595.jpg
So I will give at least one or two more layers and then I'll trim the bases in black, but while I wait for layers to dry I can continue sculpting, yay!!! :P
Pd: sorry for the messy sate of my workplace I would give you an excuse but... I have none, I know I should clean it up someday...

Yesterday I couldn't advance anything as I got sick and wasn't in condition of doing anything BUT today I stayed home recovering and I feel much better so I've been able to make a couple of things. First I gave a second layer of water effect to the bases which is drying right now and, after seeing the first layer dried I think that two will be enough, which is definitely a good thing! Second I've manage to make some progress on the Dawn of Malice squad:

gallery_92948_12550_84272.jpg
The first thing you'll notice is that I've added two new members:
med_gallery_92948_12550_70658.jpg
They still aren't finished but the base of the model is done.
And I've also worked more on the standard bearer and the unit champion:
med_gallery_92948_12550_138109.jpgmed_gallery_92948_12550_128898.jpg
I haven't done the ornaments of anyone else because I'm receiving micro glass spheres tomorrow and I want to try those out to make rivets. I'm also getting magnets beacausd I want to magnetise the weapons and heads of every single squad member so I can use them both as regular CSM, chosen, havocs or cult units and I can swap special and heavy weapons around. Also I need to buy more back packs, but that will happen later on next week.
When I finish modelling them (except for the back packs) I'll make a couple more of details to Magnus and start painting him, but I just wanted to see how this conversion idea looked!

As I had to spend all day in home due to my sickness I was able to advance quite a bit on the hobby stuff. As I can't progress on my CSM until tomorrow when I get rivets and magnets I've been preparing Magnus:

gallery_92948_12550_276131.jpg

med_gallery_92948_12550_317407.jpg

med_gallery_92948_12550_330326.jpg

First I've expanded his chestplate to better integrate the higher horns, which I think that has improved that area of the model a lot. Second, I've reconstructed one of his toes, which went flying to the floor when I clipped it to repose it and misteriously disappeared, but I think that the re-sculpted one is passable. The most noticeable change should probably be the base, I've modeled it to be painted swamp-like as the rest of my army, but will dedicate more time to it. Also the dried branches aren't glued yet because of obvious reasons. At last you might have seen that he hasn't the tabard, as I'm changing it as some of you suggested. I tried heating it to simply bend it, but the greenstuff melts much earlier than plastic and I couldn't manage to do it that way, so I've cut it between the middle and the top part and bent it backwards from there, so I've had to apply some greenstuff to fill the gap and it's still drying.

Apart from Magnus the bases of the Harvesters of Souls Infiltration Force have finally dried and I trimmed them in black so I can now announce that I've FINISHED MY TOURNAMENT ARMY!!! The tournament is this Sunday so just in time:

gallery_92948_12550_421539.jpg

gallery_92948_12550_183857.jpg

I'm quite happy with how they look at the end, I hope that the dark scheme will fit well with my Marines when I have them. Also painting a whole 1750 points army in less than a month has been a great challenge for me, even though it just were 22 models :tongue.:. Now I hope they work well for the tournament, they surely are going to be fun!

My first Execution Force:

med_gallery_92948_12550_20116.jpg

My second Execution Force:

med_gallery_92948_12550_152839.jpg

The two Culexus left:

med_gallery_92948_12550_98312.jpg

My two inquisitors, one of which I already had and just needed to base and the other, the Brazen Lord, which I kit bashed in five minutes:

med_gallery_92948_12550_8629.jpg

My first henchmen squad:

med_gallery_92948_12550_109148.jpg

My second henchmen squad:

med_gallery_92948_12550_230395.jpg

My third and last henchmen squad:

med_gallery_92948_12550_41301.jpg

You may notice I made some last minute highlights on the acolytes, as well as touching up some whites.

Hope you like them and any comments will be appreciated!

Vairocanum, on 27 Jan 2017 - 11:03 PM, said:Brilliant work on Magnus, I love the mouth resculpt! Really like the wet effects on the bases of your Infiltration Force. And may you slaughter all that stand before you on the table at your tournament :devil:

Thanks a lot brother, the mouth was changed because charging with a poker face wasn't as epic :tongue.:! About the tournament we'll see, the army list is quite stupid so I wouldn't have high expectations...

I decided to start sculpting the Plague Marine options for my CSM, so I've done five different heads trying out different things:

gallery_92948_12550_17669.jpg

As the Harvesters of Souls follow Malal, I won't be doing them nurgle-like, so I've decided to go for a more chemical and toxic approach. However I can just change heads and weapons, so it's proving to be more difficult than what I expected. I'll probably also add a magnet on the back so I can put things like knifes and such there. I like the eye-lenses a lot but I'm not convinced about the mask of the one on the right. I've also sculpted a "Plague knife" for the champion:

med_gallery_92948_12550_131174.jpg

The idea is to paint the things below like toxin vials and make it poisonous looking overall, but I'm not too sure if this is the look I want for them. I thought of mixing a needle with a sword, but I still haven't figured out how, so any ideas will be appreciated!

So, what do you think that I could add to the squad to make it look more different? Do you know of any other gass mask design that I could use?

Edit: tried out the micro glass balls for rivets and I'm quite happy with the result!

med_gallery_92948_12550_209110.jpg

I know it's not perfect but I expect to get better at this over the time. My only complaint would be that I dropped the tube in where this came and had to spend fifteen minutes trying to recollect as many spheres as I could from my table, but I don't want to imagine what could happen if it felt to the floor...

The gas masks are looking great, did you base them off of the chaos cultists? For the standard bearer head I think adding two filters to each side of the breathing tube would look good. You could also try making one of those long faced gas mask with singular filter, alternatively the heads on FW renegade militia look sort of chemical/toxic as well. Also I happened to make a gas mask head a few months ago too:

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz134/Vairocanum/DSC00615.jpg

[...]

After everything I said to Augustus b'Raass I couldn't just leave the boots, but now I understand much better why he did it, it's going to be a pain to model power armour legs for a whole army! :tongue.:

[...]

72407516.jpg

:p 

in all seriousness, though: you're doing a great job with them. I'm also going to totally make KDK choppers, now. 

The gas masks are looking great, did you base them off of the chaos cultists? For the standard bearer head I think adding two filters to each side of the breathing tube would look good. You could also try making one of those long faced gas mask with singular filter, alternatively the heads on FW renegade militia look sort of chemical/toxic as well. Also I happened to make a gas mask head a few months ago too:

http://i821.photobucket.com/albums/zz134/Vairocanum/DSC00615.jpg

Thanks brother, the masks are actually based on chaos warrior helmets with the horns removed, I have a ton of those lying around... And yes, the two filters at the sides definitely looks like a good idea, will try it out when I get back to them.

[...]

After everything I said to Augustus b'Raass I couldn't just leave the boots, but now I understand much better why he did it, it's going to be a pain to model power armour legs for a whole army! :tongue.:

[...]

:tongue.:

in all seriousness, though: you're doing a great job with them. I'm also going to totally make KDK choppers, now.

Hahahaha, thanks a lot, glad you liked the chopper bikes, it would be great to see your take on those!

So I finally played my tournament this Sunday and... I was massacred :tongue.:. Combining the stupidity of my list and three bad pairings I lost my three games, though they were all very tight defeats.

First I played against a Daemon player who had a Screamerstar and a Houndstar, supported by a Soulgrinder, a Lord of Change and some Pink Horrors. And the system I was playing was supposed to eliminate Death Stars from the meta... This was probably my best game, I wiped the houndstar with a combined charge of two Callidus and three Culexus, exploded the soulgrinder and some heralds of Tzeentch from the screamerstar with the Vindicares and controlled objectives with the acolytes, but he was using Supremacy objectives which I had never played against before and which turned out to be brutal (one turn he scored 11 points just by killing a unit of acolytes, turbo boosting with the screamerstar to a marker and maintaining a backfield objective with the horrors, basically), and the mobility of the screamers and a couple of units he managed to summon made him win because of Maelstrom points.

My second and worst game (but still very fun) was against Cult Mechanicum and Skitarii, with a pretty generic list combining both armies basic detachments and a Holy Requisitioner formation (2 kataphron breachers and a tech priest dominus who arrive from DS without scatter if near an objective). My first turn went very well as he wasn't able to kill a single assassin and my Callidus neural shredders and Culexus animus speculum managed to cripple his plasma kataphrons. My second turn was even better, as I got to charge and wiped the remaining kataphrons, his tech priest warlord and a couple of units of vanguards, but then in his second turn his formation arrived and totally obliterated my inquisition rear, meaning that I didn't control objectives and my Culexus had no warp charges to use. After this the mechanicum firepower was too much and he started killing my assassins one by one until only an Inquisitor and a Culexus remained alive last turn.

The third game was against a mechanised Necron CAD which consisted of Zandrek and a Cryptek in a ten man inmortal unit, 10 death marks, two units of warriors in a ghost ark, THREE annihilation barges, 5 bikes and a Tomb Stalker. The game basically consisted on my Vindicares trying to pop as many vehicles as possible while the other assassins assaulted the on foot troops (and an Eversor melta-bombed the stalker to death) and the acolytes hid behind the scarce cover of the table and gave me maelstrom points. But of all the S10 AP1 shots I made with my three Vindicares I didn't get a single Explodes! result in all the damn game so the barges managed to kill three Culexus, a Callidus and an Eversor through the course of the game before they went down. Also there was this pathetic combat in where my Eversor didn't manage to kill ten necron warriors during four turns (and yes, I had the charge) and then when he finally got out he was shot to death by a barge. I must admit that the Tesla rule was very good against my Culexus as even though he just impacted of 6s, each hit counted as three, so it compensated. At the end he also won by little, but won after all.

Overall it was a thrilling experience even though I lost my three games and I can't wait until I have the chance to go to my next tournament (but this time with a serious list:wink:). Also I laughed a lot and had many epic moments with my assassins, met a lot of new hobbyists and had a great time without problems with any opponent.

med_gallery_92948_12550_179463.jpg

The agents of the Officio Assassinorum hiding behind a ruin as they've just infiltrated 12" away from a damn lot of mechanicum shooty robots...

So, with the tournament finished I'm free to paint whatever I want, which means MAGNUS!!! I've painted some surfaces of the skin to try out how I'm going to do it and, even though it's lighter than what I wanted, I'm pretty happy overall:

gallery_92948_12550_116298.jpg

The leg, which I carefully painted thinking I had to outline each muscle for it to pop more, results to be almost completely covered by an armour plate :furious::

med_gallery_92948_12550_180982.jpgmed_gallery_92948_12550_574650.jpg

The upper chest and arm, on the other hand, are totally bare:

med_gallery_92948_12550_12110.jpgmed_gallery_92948_12550_583869.jpg

I don't know if I should paint all the skin first, and then the whole armour, and then all the robes, and so on or if should paint him part by part... What do you guys think?

I hope you like him, any comments will be welcome!

Cool! I love tournaments where the aim is to have fun first and win second. It sounds like one of those, and I'm glad you had such a good experience! :) Personally I'd love to play against your assassins list - I'd be terrified! :D

Magnus looks amazing. I think you should go for what suits you best. ALthough if you're using a lot of mixed paitns, it'd probably be best to do the whole model by colour section. :tu:

You weren't kidding when you said you'd been busy ;) The tournament sounds like it was a good time. Everything's looking killer man those BIKES!!!!! are freaking awesome as are your plague marines I've always been tempted by gran-papy Nurgle myself as . it seems to be the chaos faction you can have the most fun sculpting what with all the organic rot and such. THEN THERE'S MAGNUS !!!! one word man EPIC!!! your conversion is beautiful and I can't wait to see it fully painted keep up the good work brother.

Really liking the skin tones on Magnus so far! When painting I personally like going production line style where i paint all parts of one thing before moving to the next for easier consistency instead of painting part by part. Looking forward to seeing more work done on Magnus!

Loving the background of this force. The reworked magnus also looks sweet! I love the pose he has and the paint job looks to be on a glorious path.

Thanks a lot, glad you like it! It's been some time since I wrote any fluff for the army as I'm not having much time lately, but I will try to fix that as soon as possible, I've realised I have nothing about them on the 41st Millenium!

Cool! I love tournaments where the aim is to have fun first and win second. It sounds like one of those, and I'm glad you had such a good experience! :) Personally I'd love to play against your assassins list - I'd be terrified! :D

Magnus looks amazing. I think you should go for what suits you best. ALthough if you're using a lot of mixed paitns, it'd probably be best to do the whole model by colour section. :tu:

Yes, I definitely went for a more fun approach but I'm not so sure about everyone else in the tournament :P! The thing is that the WAP0 system restricts A LOT what you can take in most armies so, as I saw I wasn't going to be able to take a list I liked on the competitive level (mobility is very punished in this system and I love playing mobile armies), I decided to at least use something with which I would take a good laugh and I had been wanting to get some assassins for a time anyways, so it just came together.

About Magnus, I will probably paint all of his skin first, though I've used no mixes on him yet.

You weren't kidding when you said you'd been busy ;) The tournament sounds like it was a good time. Everything's looking killer man those BIKES!!!!! are freaking awesome as are your plague marines I've always been tempted by gran-papy Nurgle myself as . it seems to be the chaos faction you can have the most fun sculpting what with all the organic rot and such. THEN THERE'S MAGNUS !!!! one word man EPIC!!! your conversion is beautiful and I can't wait to see it fully painted keep up the good work brother.

Thanks brother! I have too many projects going on right now, on one side I have my 30k HoS with 2 castellax, a praevian, 5 jet bikes, 10 marauders and a drop pod/ dreadclaw waiting for assembly and the whole army for paint, and on the other I have my 40k HoS with 11 more chaos warriors CSM, 9 bikes, a chariot (still have to decided what it will be), a sorcerer and MANY old models that I can repurpose which also need assembly and paint! That without mentioning my HoS allies, as I want to expand my corrupted Inquisition with six Chimeras full of jokaeros...

It would be great to see your take on a Nurgle force, though I must admit I don't like much all that "organic rot" theme and will go for a less corrupted look on them.

Really liking the skin tones on Magnus so far! When painting I personally like going production line style where i paint all parts of one thing before moving to the next for easier consistency instead of painting part by part. Looking forward to seeing more work done on Magnus!

Thanks, I will probably go on through that route, but it means it will be a long time until I do anything to Magnus which isn't skin!

Yeaaaaah. The skin tone with the More black approach is absolutely cool.

By the way: Love your pain rack; reminds me of my first noise marines back in the 90ties.

Haha thanks! It wouldn't be mine if it hadn't black! I plan on painting him with Harvesters of Souls colours, but I had to keep his skin red because, after all, he is Magnus the RED and I wanted him to still be easily recognisable. The fluff explanation is that he and Virgultur have made a common cause at the Gathering Storm events, and he sometimes accompanies the Harvesters of Souls to battle and, as he is capable of changing his appearance at will, he wears his brother's legion colours for aesthetic if for nothing else (confuse his foes maybe?).

So, as said before, I did some fluff about the HoS, but still pre-heresy:

The Edict of Konstanople and its repercussions

The command chain of the Harvesters of Souls was totally decimated by the Edict of Konstanople, as the Sentenced had been quite a psychic-receptive legion and more than half of the captains, praetors and other consuls were psykers to some level and so had to be given to the Necrontinus and left their old charges. When this happened Virgultur decided that, instead of trying to rebuild the legion as it was, he would take this opportunity for a new start and changed completely how it was run.

For starters he eliminated the concept of “tactical squad” as he thought that they offered little flexibility and he needed more versatile rank troops. Because of this he created the Executioners, more assault oriented troops with access to a larger variety of wargear which were more capable of carrying out the aggressive and fast tactics used by the Revenant.

To carry his troops to battle Virgultur saw that he needed a new transport, as he hadn't a Storm Bird available for each of his units and he thought drop pods and rhinos were too static and not made for assault, while the land raiders were to cumbersome to use for smaller squads. Not satisfied by any of the options proposed by the Mechanicum of Mars, Virgultur came up with his own solution, using the boarding pods usually reserved for space-warfare in sub-orbital conditions, which resulted in a vehicle completely designed for close quarters combat, which could be inserted where desired in the battlefield and had a superior mobility than usual ground transports. Because of its toothed shape this vehicles were named Dreadclaws and Kharybdiss Assault Claws, and other legions, particularly the Sons of Horus who also favoured this style of war, started using them too.

As for his leaders, Virgultur saw himself without many commanders, as a lot of them had to go to the Necrontinus and the legions didn't have much beforehand, but he also saw that he couldn't raise inexperienced soldiers to higher ranks, as that was one of the bigger flaws the Sentenced had (because of their short lifespan), so he gave more power to the unit sergeants and from the few experienced leaders that remained named ten “Death Lords” and divided the legion between them, forming the ten Sects of the Harvesters of Souls, each specialised in a different thing, and gave his lords a total power above them, as well as a reduced number of consuls (which were the remaining leaders) to give them support.

The Edict of Konstanople also prohibited the II legion from using any kind of dreadnought because the Emperor did not want to prolong any further the “tainted” lives of the legionaries, but the Harvesters of Souls kept the ones they had from before, so some Sentenced dreadnoughts remained in the Sects, providing different kinds of support. But Makke Haasan, Chief Necrontian and Death Lord of the II Sect, came up with a different way of keeping the most venerable brothers within the legion during a campaign along the Thousand Sons, in where he saw the use of psychic receptive automatons. After a long period of experimentation, he created the Gashadoki, robots based on the Castellax Automata chassis but modified to have the soul of a legionnaire instead of a machine spirit. Though the legionnaire inside doesn't control the Gashadok completely as if it was his own body he could direct his actions and help him fight, making up for an incredibly resilient metal beast which spread terror through the enemy lines in their giant skeleton-shaped armour, tearing apart foes with energy-crepitante claws and destroying vehicles with the newly developed Darkfire Cannon.

To ensure that the Harvesters would follow the Edict, the Emperor assigned many units of the Legio Custodes and the Sisters of Silence to their expeditionary forces, and so they're used to fight together. Even though they were introduced to the legion as guards and punishers, over the time they got accustomed to each other, to the point that some of them, specially the Sisters of Silence, kept loyal to Virgultur when he betrayed the Emperor.

The Necrontinus was created, it was a very close organisation, about which no one knew much and was rarely spoken of outside the legion. Its members, the Necrontians, wore dark robes over their armour, which was full of arcane glyphs, and most of them stayed in Messis in charge of the Reanimation Rituals, but some went with the expeditionary fleets to ensure all the legionaries were in fighting conditions, which made them work closely with the Sentencers. This Necrontians sometimes marched to battle amongst their brothers, surrounded by servitors risen from the dead (the servitors were technically inside the legion) which were given heavy weapons and used as bodyguards for the Necrontians, as they were banned to use their powers in any means that wasn't for the Rituals and thus were more vulnerable in battle.

At last the Harvesters of Souls where prohibited to use their Reanimation Rituals on anyone outside the legion, which meant that all the creatures that Virgultur had risen to conquer Messis had to be destroyed. Sad but decided to make the Emperor proud of him again, the Revenant killed all of his beasts, simply removing the dark powers he had used to sustain them. Later on, when he turned against the Emperor, he would reanimate them again and use them to fight the Space Wolves while the Harvesters of Souls escaped the planet.

Cool fluff. :)

I looked up the rules for the WAPO system you wrote about - it's only in Spanish which I don't speak (except the sentence '¿Donda esta la zapateria?' (from the Pulp Fiction movie)) so I had google translate it. It's still not completely clear to me, so forgive my potentially dumb question: why does it not favor mobility? Also, what is a 'POWA' - a formation? I'm also curious why the WAPO rules consider Khorne Daemonkin and Dark Eldar as tier 4! In my experience, these armies are at least on par with the armies in Tier 3. 

Cool fluff. :)

I looked up the rules for the WAPO system you wrote about - it's only in Spanish which I don't speak (except the sentence '¿Donda esta la zapateria?' (from the Pulp Fiction movie)) so I had google translate it. It's still not completely clear to me, so forgive my potentially dumb question: why does it not favor mobility? Also, what is a 'POWA' - a formation? I'm also curious why the WAPO rules consider Khorne Daemonkin and Dark Eldar as tier 4! In my experience, these armies are at least on par with the armies in Tier 3.

Wow, I can't beleive you read them! POWA is how they call their caps, each army being able to spend as much POWAs as its tier (in the example of KDK you could spend 4 POWAs) and each unexpended one gives an aditional 50 points to the list to a maximum of 100.

About punishing mobility I meant that a lot of mobile units cost you a POWA and, even though it is true that chaos bikes aren't the case, ciclopia cabal, maulerfiends and bike charecters are all capped, three things I like to take a lot. I could have made a list of course but it wouldn't have been something I would have been 100% confortable playing with. That said for what I saw on the tournament people compensate this by taking heavily mechanised lists, much more than what I expected (I was lucky to have run into just one, my friend had to play against guard in chimeras and lemans, tau with devilfishes and cult genestealer with goliaths and also chimeras).

About the Tier 4 of KDK I have no idea, it makes no sense that they're the same tier than CSM. Dark Eldar were actually downgraded to Tier 4 with the excuse that with the faq stating that a unit could use a single grenade in assault they had been heavily downgraded... Why? I don't know, this makes no sense since wyches don't have access to disruption grenades anymore...

I have said it before and I will say it again I don't like WAP0 and I'm one of the few players who likes fullhammer over any other sytem, but this tournament catched my attentions and some friends were going so I went anyways...

Ah right, I understand. I'm not sure what you mean with fullhammer, but if it means discarding such attempts to balance things out, I completely agree with you. Thanks for taking the time to explain :smile.:

By fullhammer I mean using everything GW and FW have published for this edition as it is written so, yes basically that :wink:. Also don't worry, trying to understand something like that completely translated with Google Translator must be almost impossible! :tongue.:

Well, it seems that I've got the fluff sickness, as I've written even more for the Harvesters of Souls (this time mixing 30k and 40k).

The Ten Sects of the Harvesters of Souls

The Harvesters of Souls are divided in then “Sects”, each specialised in a thing and lead by a Death Lord. I will try to cover this sects one by one later, but here is the list of the ten:

The I Sect - The Soul Eaters: first they were composed by the veterans and dreadnoughts of the legion, then they turned into the Soul Eaters and finally into possessed when the legion fell to chaos. They were led by Maximino Loreis at first, but this honour passed to Reus Ghortan, the Sword of Redemption, after Maximino was slain by an Ork Warboss. The Soul Eaters were deployed where the battle was the most intense, and fought with inhuman brutality to fulfill their dreadful hunger.

The II Sect - The Necrontinus: mainly composed by the Necrontians, but the Gashadoki and undead servitors are also part of this Sect. They were the legion Librarius before the Edict of Konstanople. They were lead by Makke Haasan, who was both Death Lord and Chief Necrontian. After the legion betrayed the Imperium the Necrontians started using their powers again and turned into powerful sorcerers.

The III Sect - The Lifeless Ones: composed by the legion terminators, which later incorporated the Hands of Doom, this Sect was led by Maldor Hone, who was replaced by the young Fertis Torya and then by “the Wanderer”, a mysterious Hand of Doom who has held the title of Death Lord ever since. Used as mobile strong points for the legion to stand the Lifeless Ones are almost impossible to kill thanks to their terminator armour and their undead resilience.

The IV Sect - The Riders of the Apocalypse: this Sect was used by Virgultur as fast support for the rest of his army, riding in jetbikes and usual bikes the Riders of the Apocalypse darted through enemy lines to reach key positions of the battlefield before the other legionaries could. Their leader, Salazar Vilus, the Harbinger, has lead the Riders of the Apocalypse since its foundation, and is feared even by his own brothers.

The V Sect - The Death Eye: at first this were the newest recruits of the legion, and thus were mainly scouts led by the Vigilator Xan Mercorius, the Ghost, but eventually they had more experienced Astartes through their lines and started using Seekers and, when the legion fell to chaos, Chosen. The Ghost still holds the title of Death Lord, but he's rarely seen in battle or leaves no witnesses to report it. The Death Eye has always worked in conjunction with the different operatives that the Harvesters of Souls use, to gather information and make vital strikes before the battle even starts.

The VI Sect - The Requiem: during the great crusade these troops were given experimental equipment and weaponry, as Virgultur was always trying to find out new ways of improving his legion performance. When the legion betrayed the Emperor, the Death Lord of The Requiem, Nihal the Choir Master, saw it as an opportunity to try even more bizarre instruments. Commonly seen with xenos and heretech artefacts, this Sect are extravagant even inside the Harvesters of Souls, and are the most unpredictable weapon in the arsenal of the Revenant.

The VII Sect - The Hell Walkers: trained to fight under the most extreme conditions, the Hell Walkers were deployed by Virgultur in the hardest places, usually fighting in deathworlds. This made them even more resilient than their already undead-hardened brothers. Their actual leader is Geios Surpramo, the Unleasher, the Hell Walker that has survived the most within the Sect.

The VIII Sect - The Unsettled: usually seen in the heart of the battle, the legionaries of the Unsettled are deployed to engage the enemy before they can react and break their formation. Geared to fight in close quarters the members of the Sect charge recklessly their objective and fight until their deaths, usually moving around the battlefield to spread chaos and avoid the enemy from regrouping or fortifying itself in a position. It's actual leader, Aros Wrex, the Chaoshammer, is the newest of the Death Lords, as he killed his predecessor, Forhan Nametius, for being too weak.

The IX Sect - The Cremators: since the Imperium arrived on Messis it saw that Mortein, a substance found in the deepest of its swamps, was a very efficient fuel that ignited easily. Even though large quantities of it were taken away, the Harvesters of Souls were allowed to keep a good part, which was used by the Cremators as fuel for their flamers. Through more unstable than promethium, mortein was much more inflammable, causing severe damage on its targets and sometimes even on its bearer. After the legion fled to the Warp they managed to produce a twisted copy of the substance, even more dangerous, which has been used ever since to fuel some of the daemon engines used by the legion as well as the flaming weapons of the Cremators. Their actual Death Lord, Neron Talhan, the Manburner, is a pyromaniac madman who enjoys burning alive humans and rejoices in its screams who is in charge of the Cremators since the last Death Lord of the Sect died because he injected large quantities of mortein into his system and then set himself on fire.

The X Sect - The Sons of Malice: the usual rank troops of the legion and the most commonly seen after they went to the Warp. Though it has had many Death Lord the most famous and actual one is Kaleb Daark, a ruthless Dark Apostle who is a fanatic of Malal. The Sons of Malice have commonly been confused by imperial agents to be a warband of their own because of the frequency of their incursions, but they actually serve Virgultur and follow his intricate plans.

The VI, VII, VIII & IX will be the equivalent of the cult units of Slaanesh, Nurgle, Khorne and Tzeentch respectively, while the other Sects are more similar to the traditional legions.

What do you think about it? I'm open to ideas for later fluff or to modify something I've done, so comments and feedback would be great! Now I'll try to paint Magnus more, I have one side of his torso done and the other arm in process, with some luck I'll be able to finish his arm and start something else tonight...

The changes you have done to Magnus is Ace! cant wait to see it finished:smile.:

Thanks, I'm glad you like him! But I fear that you'll have to wait, this is going to take me some time... ;)

So as promised I painted one side of his torso and his other arm, and as a bonus I tried a colour scheme for the feathers!

med_gallery_92948_12550_52209.jpgmed_gallery_92948_12550_568235.jpggallery_92948_12550_788630.jpg

I know there's a horrible gap on his shoulder but worry not, he has a shoulder pad which covers it perfectly (yes, I changed the arm in where the shoulder pad goes because of obvious reasons). Also I would very much like to hear your opinion on the feathers, I like them but I'm not sure if they combine too well with the red, I suppose they'll look better when the wings are done in the same fashion...

Anyhow, feel free to comment, I don't think I'll be able to make much progress tomorrow, maybe his other torso side.

I'm liking the look of the feathers! Looking at this primarch makes me wonder .... will we see Virgultur some time this year? Your troops are brilliant but I really enjoyed seeing your special characters too!

Thanks, Virgultur will come, I already have his pre heresy conversion idea and will be based on the AoS Celestant Prime model, but I don't know if it will be this year or the next one. His undead form will come even later and will probably be based on Nagash.

About special character I still have the BoP Ahriman waiting for assembly, I will make him as Makke Haasan, Chief Necrontian of the Harvesters of Souls and Death Lord of the II Sect, the Necrontinus.

Archived