Galvarian
The First Ember, The Broken Crow,
Primarch of the Ashen Crows.

GalvarianPainted1

GalvarianPainted2

GalvarianPainted3

GalvarianPainted4

GalvarianPainted5

Finally all painted up. I still feel their are some parts that need touching up on but I'm very happy with how it's turned out. 
Galvarian has easily been my most difficult model to build and paint. 
I still have the scenic base to finish off but the primarch himself is sorted.

Edited by TheAshenCrow

Yup, he looks real good. I was concerned at first that he was to similar to Lorgar but after the hair and getting some paint it's definitely not an issue. Also I like a lot how the frontal plate has turned out, it gives him some bulk, which reinforces the feeling of him needing a bigger and more advanced armour than his brothers.

• 2 weeks later...

First Apothecary Sergeant

apothacary1

apothacary2

apothacary3

apothacary4

apothacary5

So finally gotten round to painting up my tactical marine. with them being just tactical marines they are nothing special though I plan to take a group photo once the squad is finished.
I have always loved painting characters so when it comes to painting squads it can get quite boring if they aren't all unique.
to make up for this I try and add a bit of character to each marine or at least for the sergeant, vexilla and vox.

They do look fantastic! The fire coming out of the back pack of the fifth one is amazing, have you sculpted it your self? If not, from where is ti? If yes, how?? :P

Thanks, the fire is actually a flaming skull from lorgars base.

Thanks for the info, of course it looks good, it's a primarch bit! That said you paint oranges pretty well, so I suppose it's a combination of both...

Lord Fugol: Durath
The White Crow, The Cager, The Extinguisher.

Chaplain1

Chaplain2

Chaplain3

Chaplain4

Chaplain6

Chaplain5

Chaplain7

s

"Capture the criminal and stamp out the damned. Their wings will be clipped and their embers will fuel mankinds future."
Decided to take a break from tactical marines and work on a character for the Ashen Crows

I wanted the armour to appear much lighter than the rest of the legion due him being the white crow and I also wanted the armour to appear much more ash like so I did some much harsher dabbing than normal so it didn't appear as smooth or neat. 
The reason his armour appears like that is because once he has executed a criminal human or marine, he will ceremoniously burn the body (once all the useful organs have been extracted) then cover his armour in the ash. 
He carries the damned with him, even in death their mortal forms can not escape the suffering of war.

Looking awesome! I do have to ask though - how do you do the snow effects on your basing? Is it the GW stuff or something else? Sorry if this has already been asked; it looks really natural. 

It's just the GW snow texture "paint" called: Valhallan Blizzard. It's really good and dead easy to use.

Looking awesome! I do have to ask though - how do you do the snow effects on your basing? Is it the GW stuff or something else? Sorry if this has already been asked; it looks really natural. 

It's just the GW snow texture "paint" called: Valhallan Blizzard. It's really good and dead easy to use.

Hmm... I may need to buy excessively large quantities of it; it looks really good! :thumbsup:

The Butcher and the Doctor.

Galvarian and Angron never conquered their home worlds and both bare scaring from their upbringing.

Since meeting Angron, Galvarian always felt a connection with his brother even though they rarely agreed on anything. He couldn't help but think "what if" they had different homeworlds and upbringings.

During the World Eaters and Ashen Crows first battle together Galvarian was horrified by the effects of the butchers nails had on his brother and his sons.

After the battle Galvarian started to investigate the nails and discovered that even the emperors top tech priets couldn't remove them. And was devastated by what he found next. The Butchers Nails were going to kill Angron.

Galvarian spent months figuring out how the nails could be removed. he wouldn't let his family suffer.

Eventually he had figured out multiple possible surgeries and there survival rate. 

Meeting Angron again, Galvarian demanded a private meeting with his brother. upon presenting his research Angron became outraged, deeming Galvarian a fool for seeing them as a weakness.

The 2 primarchs argued back and forth, Galvarian begging for Angron to understand fearing for his brothers life.

Though the butchers nails had taken hold of angron and through blind rage and he swung at Galvarian.

Galvarian lacked the skill and physique to fight hand to hand against Angron and was being battered, his ribs and jaw broken his body coming a mess of bruise. Though desperation and the Butchers reckless attacks he managed to reach hold of the butchers nails and he pulled.

Angron let out a horrific cry and collapsed in searing pain.

Galvarian couldn't convince him, it would have to be done forcefully or he will lose his brother slowly but surely. Galvarian glanced down at his brother, holding his now broken ribs and took the data pad containing the surgeries. Resting it on a near by table he hoped Angron would see through his pride and anger. Hobbling out of Angrons quarters and returned to his ship.

The 2 primarchs never met personally after that point. Galvarian became very vocal about the removal of Angron as leader of a legion and often sent data to The Emperor, desperately trying to convince his creator to force Angron into the surgery alas nothing ever came out of it.

For those who are interested in the surgeries, the main one was a join effort between himself, Magnus and Ferrus. each would work on an aspect of the primarch, Galvarian on his brain, Ferrus on the nails and magnus on his mind.

Galvarian believed that a joint effort between his brothers could remove the nails safely.

Ablaze Librarian Aiken.

AblazeL1

AblazeL2

AblazeL3

AblazeL4

During the creation of the Ablaze a few showed small mutations and physical differences.

Though Aiken came as a great surprise. Galvarian had no intention of any of the Ablaze being psykers. Aiken was put through extensive and brutal training and testing to make sure he was mentally and physically stable.

Though he had a short time on the battlefield before the fall of the legion, he was a vital weapon for the imperium.

I see you needed some characters after a whole basic unit :wink:! He is looking good, the custodes torso still makes the trick but, shouldn't he have a psychic hood?

30k psykers don't have psychic hoods. I made this character a while ago, but I plan paint this guy up once my tactical squad is painted. 

Fully painted Tactical Marine Squad

Fulltacticals1

Fulltacticals2

Fulltacticals3

Fulltacticals4

Fulltacticals5

Fulltacticals6

Fulltacticals7

FINALLY The Ashen Crows has a troop choice, all painted and up based. The grey was a pain to do but I got there in the end. The free hand was actually quite nice to do, was a nice break from painting lots of black, silver and grey haha.

Now for something fun: Ablaze Librarian Aiken.

When Galvarian created the Ablaze he wanted a leader per 20 men. each learder would have a role for the whole army. Galvarian had only created and field tested 100 ablaze before he went insane. 5 out of the 100 became the leaders of the Ashen Crows and were responsible for destroying Galvarians labs and research.

Galeras
Galvarians Champion, he was tasked with hunting down and killing leaders. He was was incharge of the ablaze overall just under galvarian and lead the Shattered Ashen Crows against the crazed primarch.

Aiken
Librarian of the Ablaze, an unintentional creation, Aiken had been field tested very few time before the legions fall, but it as clear he was a very powerful psyker, his lack of emotion gave him exception control of the warp. Aiken dies when he single handly destroyed Galvarians Mutant factory.

Isarnon
Forge Lord for the Ablaze. one of the few in the ashen crows that could maintain and create the ablazes armour. He figure out how to activate the Vementor and then modifies it so that Galeras can fight Galvarian with it.

Helian
Apothecary for the Ablaze, Helian and Galvarian were the only ones that understood the ablazes unique biology.

Furan
Enforcer for the Ablaze. due to the inhuman nature of the ablaze Galvarian wasn't 100% sure on how they would think or feel so assigned Furan to act as a councillor for the ablaze, as well as enforce the imperial law.

Ablaze Librarian: Aiken

AblazeLib1

AblazeLib2

AblazeLib3

AblazeLib4

AblazeLib5

Librarian of the Ablaze, an unintentional creation, Aiken had been field tested very few time before the legions fall, but it as clear he was a very powerful psyker, his lack of emotion gave him exception control of the warp. Aiken dies when he single handily destroyed Galvarians Mutant factory.

I wanted to stick with the Ablazes fire pattern all of the left side of the body but give it a warp/space feel so I decided to go with purple instead of the usual oranges and yellows.