The Anvils of Konor - Champion Grune Thrael painted!

Capt. Jack

Hey guys,

Been tinkering away and got the tyrannic war vet sgt done!

Wanted to leave the armour unadorned so he could suit any Legion, and if I use him personally I will apply battle damage to the armour!

The scars and straps were a learning curve, and I hope I'm correct in saying I've captured the feel of the original ok?!

Not sure what to do next... Tbh I have some 'grand projects' that need doing, one of which you should keep your EYE peeled for...! :wink:

Anyhow, C&C welcome as usual.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2lw83kp.jpg

Love this guy! That's a great model.

Horus is looking pretty damn fine if you ask me! Great re-pose, conveys a very regal yet menacing presence. The amount of effort to repose the claw is insane! I thought Guilliman's fist was impressive but this takes it to the next level!

I really don't think there is an issue with the leg size, if you look at a more cropped image the proportions seem all in order  

http://i65.tinypic.com/21d068l.jpg

The top of the terminator armour and wolf pelt add to the height of the model that suggest the legs are proportionally shorter, but it is more of an optical illusion. The legs look pretty much untouched from the original, If anything the leg joints around the crotch have been extended somewhat by g/s so he is likely bigger than the standard model. The original sculpt doesn't have issues with the leg size and nor does this, a few people said the same about the FW Magnus model's stubby legs, but it was just the angle of the photo.

I assume some Ptruges will be added? I think that'll help tie it all in!

Keep up the great work!

Awesome repose but now his legs look way too short.

Do you really think so? LordCommanderEidolon's picture helps put it into scale better. Remember he's in Terminator armour also. I haven't shortened or lengthened the legs, so I'm guessing you feel the original is out of proportion too?

Well that was a pleasant surprise to see another primarch conversion already :D. I really like the rebuilt claw, much nicer than the original in my opinion. Looking forward to seeing Horus completed!

I'm glad you like it Vairocanum! I've got Russ and Mortarion on the chopping block next! :D

Exactly what BCK said.

Love to see you work on this.

See comments re: scale, but I'll try not to disappoint with the finished result!

Hey guys,

Been tinkering away and got the tyrannic war vet sgt done!

Wanted to leave the armour unadorned so he could suit any Legion, and if I use him personally I will apply battle damage to the armour!

The scars and straps were a learning curve, and I hope I'm correct in saying I've captured the feel of the original ok?!

Not sure what to do next... Tbh I have some 'grand projects' that need doing, one of which you should keep your EYE peeled for...! ;)

Anyhow, C&C welcome as usual.http://i66.tinypic.com/2lw83kp.jpg

Love this guy! That's a great model.

Thanks Doghouse! He's probably my favourite of that series so far. Until I remake the Ultramarine Captain that is... ;)

Horus is looking pretty damn fine if you ask me! Great re-pose, conveys a very regal yet menacing presence. The amount of effort to repose the claw is insane! I thought Guilliman's fist was impressive but this takes it to the next level!

I really don't think there is an issue with the leg size, if you look at a more cropped image the proportions seem all in order

http://i65.tinypic.com/21d068l.jpg

The top of the terminator armour and wolf pelt add to the height of the model that suggest the legs are proportionally shorter, but it is more of an optical illusion. The legs look pretty much untouched from the original, If anything the leg joints around the crotch have been extended somewhat by g/s so he is likely bigger than the standard model. The original sculpt doesn't have issues with the leg size and nor does this, a few people said the same about the FW Magnus model's stubby legs, but it was just the angle of the photo.

I assume some Ptruges will be added? I think that'll help tie it all in!

Keep up the great work!

Thanks dude! Still a bit to do before he's done, but it'll help when his seals are done and his pturges have been added :)

Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates, I've found myself in a bit of a hobby rut since returning from HK and the ever increasing temperature and humidity hasn't helped my waning motivation!

Nonetheless, other than doing a couple of bits for commissions, I made a start to the redux of what I have been told is the 'original' Tycho model, which I always thought was just a Blood Angels Captain!

It took me a while to decide on what mark of power armour to base it off, but eventually with the advice of some friends opted for MKIV. I did however chose to add the detailed Sanguinary Guard greaves to match the inspiration, and you can see with the feet that I will sculpt the toes as well!

Other than gap filling, the main challenge will be adding Legion detailing to his left pad, vambraces and belt, and then I need to sort his hand and a nice static cloak.

Really keen to hear what you guys think so far;

http://i66.tinypic.com/1ibk8m.jpg

This is awsome, more please! :)

Thanks dude! I don't plan to stop anytime soon! ;)

It actually was originally a generic Blood Angels captain, but then the golden age GW guys created some fluff for him for their batrep, and his name -and the on-the-fly-concocted fluff- stuck!

Great start so far!

Hey guys,

On Monday evening I finally finished the Tycho HH remake, and though I feel some details lack a little definition, I'm pretty damned happy with the end result!

Besides, every time I try to sculpt something new or challenging, even if it doesn't look 100% I am slowly making improvements to my technique.

In that regard, I think this guy has presented one of my biggest sculpting challenges to date.

Really keen to hear what you think of this latest guy and what requests you might have too! I'm planning on a few more but am seriously lacking mk2 armour, which will be essential for the next works! :'(

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah297/ashfowkes/18788734_10100582198094991_1589845492_n_zps3yd1fb0j.jpg

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah297/ashfowkes/18816177_10100582196069051_379647757_n_zpsv6lmpiw1.jpg

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah297/ashfowkes/18788463_10100582196029131_1647854415_n_zpst6fjcr9p.jpg

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah297/ashfowkes/18816991_10100582196543101_1159667155_n_zpsbwlgolpe.jpg

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah297/ashfowkes/18788310_10100582198494191_1037615139_n_zpsimdkjrzn.jpg

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah297/ashfowkes/18816849_10100582196213761_817300340_n_zps7fjh7y3h.jpg

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah297/ashfowkes/18788392_10100582196253681_1908751046_n_zpseph9zrma.jpg

Looking fantastic so far! :tu:

Thanks man! I hope you like the finished product :)

That looks gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing all the details sculpted on!

Thanks Vairocanum! I wanted to strike a good balance between the grandeur of the Legion and the utilitarianism of the Great Crusade. I recon I got that balance just right!

It actually was originally a generic Blood Angels captain, but then the golden age GW guys created some fluff for him for their batrep, and his name -and the on-the-fly-concocted fluff- stuck!

Great start so far!

You're bang on there Augustus. I did some research after a few people mentioned the origins of 'Tycho' and it's a nice little anecdote.

Hope you like the finished version!

Fantastic conversion work.

That chainmail tutorial will come in handy. :)

Thanks a lot Markus! I hope it does. Any other tutorials that would come in handy?

Awesome work on Tycho, looks incredible so far! You have nailed the Tycho stance perfectly.

Thanks Sister. I think I had to make a few tiny compromises to the original stance to make leading elements look realistic, but the sacrifices were worth it with the end product I believe!

Great work dude! He will look even better on a goblin green base!!

Pose is spot on, shall look forward to seeing his little toes and fingers!!

That's presuming it'll ever see paint! ;) Hope you like the final result buddy!

I like Tycho very much! That is a lot of free stuff in there but it came out superbly.

I would trade my left hand just to be able to sculpt the right hand as good as you.

You sir certainly have some skills! really liking all the conversions you have done thus far. Really like the repose of horus and Tycho is awesome. so much detail, the right hand and blood angels shoulder pad especially, how do you make the hands? 

The rank slide is an inspired touch my man! Genius!

Love his little pinky toes but as stated the Legion wing is truly spectacular, some of your best sculpting yet. The attention to detail is a joy to behold with those shaved Gems and surgically removed belt buckle. BA are still amongst the best dressed during the Heresy and you blend the bling and utalitarian look nicely.

Tycho looks brilliant! The wing on the shoulder is especially impressive. Already seen a bit of the Khan on instagram but definitely looking forward to seeing what amazing conversion you can create since he doesn't have a model yet.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback with Tycho HH edition, it means a lot!

As for the next project. It is a big one, and now I have the parts I need from home I have made a start. It will be a more drawn out process due to how much is required from scratch, and I will endeavour to share pics when he isn't looking so bare bones!

I am of course referring to Jaghatai Khan, the Khan of Khans, the Warhawk and the gene-sire of the Vth Legion Astartes.

I've been chewing over some ideas for pose, dimensions, armour and wargear, and have got an ever crystallising view in my mind of how I want him to look.

This will require me to learn how to sculpt faces/heads, which I have been avoiding for some time!

I like Tycho very much! That is a lot of free stuff in there but it came out superbly.

I would trade my left hand just to be able to sculpt the right hand as good as you.

Glad you like him Hushrong! You humble me with your kind words! Get practicing now and in no time you'll be besting my work!

You sir certainly have some skills! really liking all the conversions you have done thus far. Really like the repose of horus and Tycho is awesome. so much detail, the right hand and blood angels shoulder pad especially, how do you make the hands? 

Thanks Sagentus! Blood Angels gotta have bling! The right hand was a little lazy because I used a preexisting palm, but I very meticulously used colour shapers and a sharp scalpel to tease the gs into place, adding/removing putty as needs require. I did this with fresh GS but I believe you would get better results if you allowed it to cure for an hour or two first.

Really damn cool, love the fact that you added so much detail, including the rank chevron on the arm.

Thanks Magnus! The chevron was LordCommanderEidolon's idea actually, the sly dog! Glad I followed his guidance though!

Nice work on that cloak.

Thanks Pearson! Not my best cloak but it fits the old school cloak/backpack nicely I think, with a smidgen more movement!

Man, you really aim high, but your shots are dead centre. Excellent work on Tycho. I'm most impressd with his bolter hand and the BA symbol on his left pauldron. :tu:

IMPRESSIVE

Thanks a bunch Augustus! I had to psych myself up for this guy because I was trying a few new things, but I'm glad I took my time and didn't force anything. My confidence has grown and I feel I'm ready for the Khan! :D

The rank slide is an inspired touch my man! Genius!

Love his little pinky toes but as stated the Legion wing is truly spectacular, some of your best sculpting yet. The attention to detail is a joy to behold with those shaved Gems and surgically removed belt buckle. BA are still amongst the best dressed during the Heresy and you blend the bling and utalitarian look nicely.

That means a lot man! Thank you for your help and feedback with this guy! Wrong Legion, I know, but I'll work up to the pomp and opulence of the 3rd soon enough!

Tycho looks brilliant! The wing on the shoulder is especially impressive. Already seen a bit of the Khan on instagram but definitely looking forward to seeing what amazing conversion you can create since he doesn't have a model yet.

Thanks Vairocanum! I didn't want to let people down with this latest chap, and the focus is enhanced by many degrees with the Khagan! I'm going to stay true to artwork/descriptions I've seen/read, and will be getting feedback where possible to make sure I don't go off the rails! Stay posted!

He's gorgeous, beautifully done! Your modelling skills are seriously impressive. I would love to paint that Tycho ;)

My thanks Alessia! High praise indeed! Any other classics you'd like to see me try?

Another thumbs up for Tycho remade - great work! :tu:

Thanks Bob! I'm glad you like my work :)

Archived