General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

Onemind Syndicate suggests a series of videos cuz 40 facts are easier to comprehend.

I'm thinking that covering this alternate universe would be like a series of videos. Having more than 40 facts will be overwhelming. I'm thinking each week we devote a video covering a specific topic

Sim, do you still stand by this view on Molech, with all it implies for the Emperor's trajectory?

Yes! The Molech power-up is not part of BotL, and all of it's obnoxiousness is not part of our canon. That is one of the few clear ways that demonstrates our adherence to being based on "Canon 1.5". In the original edition (and for a great deal of editions/time after it), the Emperor came to his power through a combination of shamanic mass suicide and simply surviving the eons. This Emperor is his own force and did vanquish the Void Dragon as seen in Mechanicum.

Another example of 'Canon 1.5' is how much information is given to the Imperium about Chaos. In the original canon, the Emperor is completely upfront about them, being a clear antagonist against them. In the revised canon, the Emperor offers no words of warning. Here, in BotL, we strike a balance between the two extremes. 

Onemind Syndicate suggests a series of videos cuz 40 facts are easier to comprehend.

I'm thinking that covering this alternate universe would be like a series of videos. Having more than 40 facts will be overwhelming. I'm thinking each week we devote a video covering a specific topic

Oh, that makes everything so much easier! How specific do the topics need to be? Does he want to be primarily chronological or subject-based?

Sim, we aren't stating where He came from, right? I'm keen to spin some in-universe theories

Well, the truth is only known to several people in-universe, so it'd be easy for other theories to arise, especially since the Emperor himself is not keen on revealing his roots to the public. 

Wait, Bligh’s favourite was that the Emperor, the anti-Chaos itself, was a wacky robot?

That’s... that’s odd to me.

In-universe, from a person living at the end of the Age of Strife. I never said he believed it, just that AD-B says he "loved" it.

And not specifically an AI, but a "weapon" of the Dark Age

Edited by bluntblade

Regardless, we are using the shaman origin to give us the meta-foundation. As mentioned previously, given how few people are aware of the Emperor's origin, that leaves plenty of room in-universe for other theories to be thrown around. Sound good, Blunt?

So, if we're allowed to delve into the meta side of things, our first 40k Facts video should be devoted to establishing the setting and nothing more. 

Like so...

Fact #1: Brotherhood of the Lost is set in an Alternate Universe where the Emperor created 18 different Primarchs and Legions from the canon ones.

Fact #2: The sole exceptions to this are the Thousand Sons and the Space Wolves. The caveat being that they become BotL's Lost Legions. This is both a respectful nod to canon and an ironic twist. 

How's that for a start? 

Yeah. I think that is a good starter.

Fact#3: we were all lost which means our legions were all lost legion projects and gathered for a new universe ( should explain the irritation when some guus see the wardens with xi and xii)

Fact#4: skip nikaea we have vizenko and gene manipulation

Fact#5: the warmaster.is not the.traitor nor is he the most loved son.

Fact 5: Quarith instead of Ullanor

Fact 6: Abyssii

Fact 7: Pariah Legions

Fact 8: Day of Revelation, loyalists from Traitor and traitor from Loyalists Legions switch sides

Fact 11: lost

Fact 12: we plan to release 9 Books with the last 8 divided into minitrilogies.

Fact 13: Pariah Legions ^^

Fact 14: We need more writers, artists, campaign designers and contributors

Fact 15: completly combatible with fw age of darkness rulesets.

Fact 16: no, de don't earn and money with it.

Fact 17: Cohorts replace Chapters in the 2nd founding

Fact 18: We even get the epic struggle good vs neutral....damn neutrale, I hate them

Fact 19: We will never habe primaris.. Did we mention the Genesis Legion and the war of the false primarch?

Fact 20: We have a primarch with cute Elven ears. To Bad he can't See them because he is blind.

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

I'd cut out all 40K related stuff like Primaris for now. ;)

Instead, we should mention the Pariah Legions.

And Andezos non existing elven ears are a unofficial fact for a later vid. ;)