General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

Finding a replacement shouldn't be a hard task, my brother's got a pile of great laptops at hand. If there's anything you guys can do, it'd be to figure out what Warbingers Orders would bear green and brown heraldry. Or for the more narrative-inclined, a discussion between Nomus and Yucahu over their vision of their non-humanity.

Positive: happy borthday guys

Negative: as it happens, I have now confirmation that my Pc got stolen, with hopes of retrieval being confirmably none. As far as my personal life is concerned, not much was lost, but BotL-wise.... an entire page worth of discussion between Kozja and Heliosa concerning the Imperial truth, unfinished drawings, crotcheagle-less Yucahu, the next chapter of He Who Walks Amidst Ashes... all lost forever, the anger shall lead me to write more whenever I get a new writing platform that's not 5 square centimeters on a touchscreen.

:cuss-ards

I'd recommend a tablet and using Google Docs on that, saved my arse when my nexus fouled up.

Question: What would our various legions attitudes towards pyskers be? I imagine they might be a controversial issue in some legions due to Prospero or just the legion's nature.

Obviously, in the Wardens of Light, Grave Stalkers, Godslayers and Warriors of Peace there won't be any. In the Fire Keepers they'd be shunned. I imagine they might be regarded warily in legions like the Warbringers, Scions Hospitalier and Steel Legion due to those legions scientific outlook on the world.

Within the Crimson Lions they are revered as seers and keepers of tradition and legend, druidic figures essentialy. Even the lowest rank of Sagartiathai(probably should shorten that name) wields significant political clout within the legion. I imagine this would further enhance some legions views of the Lions as supersticious barbarians.

Also fairly obviously, within the Harbingers and HW pyskers are respected(I expect).

Within the Scions (a bit of fluff that needs revising with the Synedrion) they're seen as having their own inherent risks, but not having any inherent virtue or vice about them. Pionus would have readily accepted the Librarius as devised by Icarion.

The Predators take a similar view to the Lions, if without their shared duties of Chaplains.

The IV legion has a pretty good relationship with psykers. As the Morning Stars, they had loads of heroes who smote with soulfire. As the Void Eagles, they are yet another weapon gifted by Human genetics. There are rumours that Yucahu's analytical skills may be psychic in nature.

Revised list of legions by gene-seed stability on the loyalist side for when we get to later foundings

1. Scions Hospitalier

2. Halycon Wardens

3. Iron Bears*

4. Crimson Lions**

5. Void Eagles***

6. Wardens of Light/Fire Keepers

7. Dune Serpents

*=creation of new marines using this gene-seed is slow as :cuss so not ideal for founding new Orders

**=Crimson Lions gene-seed's stability will degenerate quite quickly following Hectarion's dissapearance until they sit either at or near the bottom by M.38ish

***=Low numbers during Insurrection due to high losses from void warfare

And concerning Insurrection related matters. For the Siege of Mars, Alex will be able to call upon 103,490 Halycon Wardens and around 68,000 Fire Keepers

Its engulfed in civil war.

War breaks out, Alex decimates the Legio Mortis in the opening days via telepathic control of their own titans. Then begins a ground war to reinforce loyalist forges.

Fire Keepers arrive in time for the final push.

Edited by Demus Ragnok

If there's anything you guys can do, it'd be to figure out what Warbingers Orders would bear green and brown heraldry.

Sooo...

1. I've just thought it might be best not to call them "Orders" so we don't get confused with loyalist "Orders" that are a different beast all together. "Offices"? "Estates"? "Fraternity"? "Society"?

2. Green and Brown or Green or Brown?

3. Brown is supposed to be seen as the colour of stone, so perhaps an order of Castellans of Strelia, charged with fortifying and protecting the capital of the Suzerainty? (giving the possibility of creating a russian tarch equivalent for BotL)

4. Green is the colour of fertility, so it could be another apothecary order, that is charged with the creation of the bulk of the legion, rather then with experimentation. It could also be an order formed in the wake of the Vizenko prosecution?

How did you come up with the list, sig?

The halycons have mental problems. Not sure how they will fare when their primarch is dead and your lions have the burden, a thing which not really awakens trust into the stability of the gene seed.

The fire keepers for example I read nothing of any mutation ( although i like to see some self igniting marines over the next 10k years)

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Unlike Sanguinius' connection to the Blood Angels' flaws, the Wardens are not inherently worse off without their Primarch.

So long as they maintain the systems Alex put in place, they'll be able to keep their Flaw in check.