General Discussion Secundus

bluntblade

My main problem with the Mk.VII is the fluff saying that it's been around for 9000 years which always struck me as extremely strange: during the Great Crusade they busted out 5 seperate marks of armour but in the 10,000 years since you're telling me the Imperium is only just reaching Mk.VIII? Even for somewhere as regressive as the Imperium that's a remarkable amount of stagnation. I also disliked how little variation there was in the Mk.VII. In a place as big as the Imperium, with supply lines that stretched, I think there should be greater regional variation, as we see in the Heresy.

In terms of my opinion about it's appearance, the "standard" Mk.VII I can take or leave. However, the more brutal takes on it, such as this Executioner with a Mk.III breastplate and Mk.III esque leg and lower arm armour I absoloutely love:

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/a/a4/Executioners_Marine.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110223193135

As far as our 'verse, it would seem to make more sense to have a tougher, easier to maintain and produce armour than a stealth armour.

Legions who I imagine would want essentialy an update of the Mk.III:

Crimson Lions

Void Eagles

Godslayers

Berserkers of Uran

Fire Keepers

Drowned

Scions Hospitalier

Those who I imagine would want Corvus armour:

Dune Serpents

Steel Legion

Wardens of Light(?)

Eagle Warriors(?)

The rest wouldn't care either way I imagine. However, I also believe we've had this discussion before and ended up deciding to keep the beakie armour.

Edited by Sigismund229

I think Scions would take IV for freedom of manoeuvre and all the auto-senses.

Did you mean VI blunt? Also now I'm imagining a Scion in Mk.VI with a Scuba-style rebreather thingie built into his "beak."

I think Scions would take IV for freedom of manoeuvre and all the auto-senses.

Did you mean VI blunt? Also now I'm imagining a Scion in Mk.VI with a Scuba-style rebreather thingie built into his "beak."

Nah, I meant IV. Some would probably adopt VI, though

Not for extended periods; in the Iron Snakes book, they have a death challenge type deal and while they do stay submerged unarmoured for 20+ mintues, there are cases of marines having drowned attempting said challenge.

Wait, what? Are you saying I share a birthday with our fearless leader? :huh: Gorram, what are the odds of that? Anyway enough waffling on, happy birthday Sim! I hope you have a great day with many awesome gifts! :D

Positive: happy borthday guys

Negative: as it happens, I have now confirmation that my Pc got stolen, with hopes of retrieval being confirmably none. As far as my personal life is concerned, not much was lost, but BotL-wise.... an entire page worth of discussion between Kozja and Heliosa concerning the Imperial truth, unfinished drawings, crotcheagle-less Yucahu, the next chapter of He Who Walks Amidst Ashes... all lost forever, the anger shall lead me to write more whenever I get a new writing platform that's not 5 square centimeters on a touchscreen.

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the happy birthdays. :) Man, it's odd to think I'm a quarter-of-a-century old now...

Positive: happy borthday guys

Negative: as it happens, I have now confirmation that my Pc got stolen, with hopes of retrieval being confirmably none. As far as my personal life is concerned, not much was lost, but BotL-wise.... an entire page worth of discussion between Kozja and Heliosa concerning the Imperial truth, unfinished drawings, crotcheagle-less Yucahu, the next chapter of He Who Walks Amidst Ashes... all lost forever, the anger shall lead me to write more whenever I get a new writing platform that's not 5 square centimeters on a touchscreen.

Damn, that's a serious shame Skalpy, you have my sympathies. I hope you can get a decent replacement and recreate your lost works soon brother. :(