brettfp

I finished the GS, Here's 3 of the... 'better' ones

VZGAwK4.jpg

Pretty happy with how they worked out, i'll probably paint them this weekend :)

Really cool conversions! The champion looks specially good, they should all fit the DG nicely.

Thanks! The more I look at them the more I wanna make ratty plague marines! :)

Finished painting "The Rat Pack" Abhumnan Cultists!!

pc8Xnp2.jpg

8 Autoguns, a flamer and a "Rat Herder"

I used a lot of the same techniques and colours as I did on my poxwalkers to make the army more cohesive (at least the non-power armoured part)

I like to think they evolved in the sewers of a hive world and then were discovered by some invading death guard who didn't care that they looked weird and smelt bad :smile.:

Thoughts?

The Rat men look promising and the rest of you Nurgle is coming along great. I might suggest that the heads sit a little high and a more stooped look might work out well for a future batch. With beastmen and now Bird men rats work perfect for Nurgel. 

Thanks, I know what you mean, I did try putting them lower but it makes it look like the head is coming from the front of the chest, which is ok for hunched over skaven, but on cultists satnding straight up it looks really odd, so I went with the less odd option :smile.:

Man that flamer rat is just fantastic, really liking the vibe these share as the bits work together very well!

Thanks. I figured they'd work well, it didn't take much effort with GS to blend the hoods into the cultists bodies :smile.:

Edited by brettfp

• 2 months later...

So my friend was cleaning out his shed and sold me a whole bunch of early 2000's WFB models for $50

One of my favourite finds is 15 metal plaguebearers

SpzuZfH.jpg

Finished stripping them...finally, then gonna try and convert them up and my Death Guard will have some nice summons :)

Thoughts?

Those are awesome!

Started converting some of the plaguebearers

Plagueridden

vvUnlyM.jpg

Daemonic Icon

i6PDyB1.jpg

Instrument of Chaos

SsEPbsK.jpg

It's hard to tell in the photos but it's supposed to be a tree growing out of his back, it's gonna have bells hanging off it.

I'm mostly gonna be converting so that I can continue to have no 2 identical models in my army :smile.:

The idea with these 3 was kind of updating them to the more modern style of 40k. So i've added bits from newer kits.

The plagueridden has the plague surgeons sword and a fly from Typhus. As well as the 3 horns like the newer plaguebearers have. 

The Icon is from the Putrid Blightkings.

The instrument guys tree is based on the Feculant Gnarlmaw. I plan to cover it with stirland mud to give it a bark-y texture. :smile.:

Next step, Green stuff!!

Thoughts?

Edited by brettfp

I finished painting 5 plaguebearers

tjNyWuZ.jpg

Really happy with how disgusting they came out :smile.:

Also finished making the other 5

Plagueridden

kvzIEf8.jpg

Instrument of Chaos

l5tEMWV.jpg

Really happy with how the Gnarlmaw branch turned out!

Daemonic Icon

NQzuehM.jpg

They've all had some large pimples added too

I also have 2 more just plain plaguebearers, but I gave them an arm swap

nVnbRC6.jpg

nAu4hlP.jpg

Another step towards my goal of having a large infantry Death Guard with no 2 identical models :smile.:

Thoughts?

Edited by brettfp

Plaguebearers done!

Plagueridden

Lmmv5rC.jpg

Instrument of Chaos

cbK8EDS.jpg

Daemonic Icon

3wa4yED.jpg

Standard Plaguebearers

tLBcKKE.jpg

Here's the unit all together :)

dtaqazU.jpg

Thoughts?

Fantastic looking plaguebearer conversions, i like the plagueridden in particular! Looking forward to seeing a group shot when they're all done to showoff having all different looking models!

Thanks, He's my favourite too! 

Well here's a group shot of all the death guard infantry I have painted

ceCXJxJ.jpg

Not huge at the moment, but it's only about 6 months old. Still plenty of time to grow :)

Wow, dude, youre churning these out. Great work! Have you vowed them in the ETL? If not go and vow a manageable amount of unpainted miniatures in the Chaos (space marine) Forum!! :tu: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/346733-chaos-space-marines-outpost/ Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Vaught The Faceless:

The Lord of Grease, Heretek of Forge Atrocitus.

5cx2eOl.jpg

Vaught's Bio-Deviant Servitors

m7iryIB.jpg

ASi0mYb.jpg

So, I had some ideas for some Dark Mechanicus stuff, I made these guys entirely from my bits box. I plan to use ad mech rules for them, with The Faceless being an engineseer. Going for a very disturbing look for them, even by my standards. If I do start an army of these guys I'm thinking I'll make a new thread just for Dark Mech with a bit more fluff. maybe. If only I could stick to one project. :S

I unfortunately probably wont be starting an actual dark mech army any time soon as my wife and I are going through hard times financially and I cant really justify buying 'toys' for myself. But hopefully things will turn around soon.

Thoughts?

Impressive and disgusting work. Grandfather Nurgle surely smiles upon your models.

Thanks, I sure hope he does :smile.:

Wow, dude, youre churning these out. Great work! Have you vowed them in the ETL? If not go and vow a manageable amount of unpainted miniatures in the Chaos (space marine) Forum!! :thumbsup:http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/346733-chaos-space-marines-outpost/

Thanks. I'd love to but I don't actually have that much to paint, and If you read above you'll see why I'm not getting more :sad.:

Just read through this thread. It contains some truly horrific and awful monstrosities....I love them. (the converted bloodletter with saw arm is a boss)

Thanks! monstrosities is good work, I'm gonna take it as a compliment :smile.:

Doing my yearly check in on this thread- the poxwalkers are amazing. I really like the bright colors and your mix-n-match approach to bits.

The painted skaven-cultists also look quite good! Keep it up.

Thanks, good to see you back! the bits were just to stretch the pack out to 10 and the colours were the only way I could picture them being painted :smile.:

Edited by brettfp

Vaught and his Servitors look promising. Does the Heretek exclusively follow Nurgle, or does he serve Chaos Undivided?

Thanks, He's Undivided, these guys are totally separate from my Death Guard

Those servants... they need paint!

So is Vaught and ally or rival of Hieronymous? because there is some cool stories that could be told there. 

I have to second Augustus in that I'm looking forward to see you paint work on these guys they already look twisted as.. painted is going to be amazing. 

Ok so, I was gonna wait until I started a new thread but If you insist

Vaught The Faceless

EXekWkM.jpg

Heavy Bolter Servitors

6bNwEe5.jpg

Servo-Claw Servitors

NygEclP.jpg

getting my Blanchitsu on (well trying to...)

I'm planning to post my dark mech stuff (when I actually properly start) in a new thread becuase It's gonna be a bit different to the stuff in this thread. The background I've done for my daemons is mostly just to explain the conversions, but I wanna do my dark mech the other way around, have the background writing dictate how the models look. I've got some stuff written and a bunch figured out in my head. So look forward to seeing that :smile.:

@Mechanist As to if they are rivals, I doubt they know of each other. If they did, Hieronymous might see him as a rival, but Vaught wouldn't care, he has more important things to do than worry about some crazy space marine. :smile.:

Thoughts?

Edited by brettfp

Quick Update

Finished painting an old metal spawn for my death guard

WMHiRzj.jpg

I painted it to match my metal plaguebearers :)

Thoughts?

THEY'RE EVEN CREEPIER WITH PAINT ON THEM!!!!

YUK!

Well done!

Definitely creepier with paint and lots of Blanche influence for sure. Great work.

Thanks heaps to both of you!!