+++ Hidden Hands of the Emperor +++

Valaas

My vow is steadily crawling along, but that's not why I'm posting this.

I actually have most of the fuselage of a Fire Raptor assembled.

I have a little less hair and it almost got a flight test on a few occasions, but the main body is together and currently wrapped in rubber bands while the glue sets.

Well, the assault squad is taking a lot longer than anticipated, thanks to new job. Still lacking metal and wash on half the models, the remaining steps are quick to finish.

Also building for the next vow, consisting of 2/3 of a Dark Imperium box. Need to get it playable for a store campaign. At least the primaris models have lots of pouches and scopes, not that much converting necessary.

I, Filius Regis Luporum, for the Raven Guard, vow to complete a Captain of the Raven Guard by 11:59 PM on September 15, 2017.

Hidden Content

http://dark-and.grim.rocks/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2017/06/hidden-hand-vow.jpg

I only chose a Captain, because afaik it's one of the very few HQ Choices that can take Jump Pack, is a single Mini aaand looks like a "normal" Space Marine in it's most basic outfitting. I know that a Chainsword is not very stealthy, but I thought, that if I stick to a basic Captain, then I'll take his basic Weapons, so it's Bolter and Chainsword. I also know, that carrying the Trophy of a Tyranid on your Jump Pack is also not all too stealthy, but I want to try, how wolfy I can go with the Raven Guard, aaand … that's the only Tyranid Skull I could find. I would have vowed earlier, if the skull had arrived earlier. The Mini was built and primed before I had the Idea with the skull, so I just mounted and basecoated it, right before photographing. I hope that's okay. I'm really looking forward to painting this guy. :happy.:

Edit: Made the fake latin, a little bit less wrong, hehe …

Edited by Filius

Hehe, thanks everyone!

Hehe, every time he draws his sword in the air he loses balance and starts spinning because of the tyranid head and the resulting asymmetry. :tongue.:

Ah, hmm, hihi  … sounds like from a Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner Cartoon :happy.:

I had tried putting him in the middle. Maybe I'll actually replace him …

My vows all completed but due to photoshop not letting me post images I will never be able to share with you so you will just have to take my word for it.....

Honestly....

Hi Yak,

Its happened to me, Shrieker and War009 as well, just upload the photo to the gallery here on Bolter and Chainsword  and you can post it in your thread using the My media button rather than as a link.

Just done it for all my posted photo's.

PM me if you need more help.

Cheers,

Valaas

Cheers Brethren. OK no excuses but I have undercoated my vow at least. Future is ok but most of my images posted in my "A Reckless Disregard for the Codex Astartes" thread were from my old Laptop. I have a few back up disc's that I hope will have all the images on...

Positive point though, my little cousin is taking Photography in her GCSE's (age 15 exams in England) so I think I will ask her to retake the photos and they should be better quality than my blurry ill lit efforts. Then I'm going to post them direct to the B&C gallery. I'm a Monoforumite anyway!

Edit: Spelt Monoforumite wrong originally. Damn spell check...

Edited by The Yak

If no one here objects, I'll be making an adjustment to my vow. My Land Speeder got primed yesterday with spray metallic that looked good when I bought it... but the finished result was horrible. Really thick and... sparkly is the best way to put it. So I'm going to do my best to clean it up and get it reprimed with one of the better sprays I bought as well. Plus I'm missing the base, which I've ordered for, got the wrong thing, and need to reorder again....

But I have 6 other beautiful ready to go. So in exchange for the Land Speeder Typhoon that will be put on the backburner for a future vow, I replace it with a Captain and a squad of Tartarus Terminators.

The Land Speeder will get done, but I'm just frustrated with how the primer turned out and want to cleanse it, I don't want to just spray over it due to how thick it turned out as well... which will take me some time and the other models are aching for attention... or maybe it's me aching to paint them lol.

Pics will come later today, like others I was using photobucket as well, and in the processes of setting something else up as well before I get the "pay us for 3rd party sharing" logo. 

If no one here objects, I'll be making an adjustment to my vow. My Land Speeder got primed yesterday with spray metallic that looked good when I bought it... but the finished result was horrible. Really thick and... sparkly is the best way to put it.

So you made a "Twilight" Land Speeder........Crewed by Bella and Edward :biggrin.:

Exactly! lol

The metallic flacks are huge, and it just sparkles in the light. I was hoping to use it to take care of most of the areas I want a metallic color and just paint over the rest, but I don't even believe black would fully suppress it....

It needs to be purged and cleansed of its foul taint :biggrin.:

UPDATE! The Primaris Lieutenant, bt I must apologize for the quality of pics. I used my cell phone which is mid-level at best.

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_61749.jpg

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_51551.jpg

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_717.jpg

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_72146.jpg

If you see some black on the red crystal in the hilt of the sword ... yes, Thundercats, HOOOO!

And as a bonus to me: I'M A LEAD FARMER!

Hidden Content
gallery_6494_11942_7086.jpg
Edited by Race Bannon

Hey Race, is that one metal mini ever going to get painted? If I recall correctly, and I could be wrong, that mini is in all kinds of pics you've taken that shows your paint station lol.