Slaaneshi Daemons in 8th

WarriorFish

I'm still waiting for my codex and cards to be despatched :sad.: Any Slaaneshi tidbits welcome, and of course game reports even better :thumbsup:

Happy to help with some quick combinations or tricks:

- Daemonettes with character nearby can charge over a range of 7+(1+d6)+(2d6+1)=12"-27", on average about 22"

- Fiends of Slaanesh are awesome. Charge with nearby character 14+(d6)+(2d6)=17"-32" on average about 24" for nice first turn charges + they stop enemies from retreating, tying things up. I would advise for multiple single fiend units.

- Same range for seekers + they reroll charge rolls.

- Daemonettes already have a huge amount of attacks, now these can also generate even more attacks on a wound of 6+ via stratagem. A little mathhammer. 30 Daemonettes have 90 attacks, so about 60 hits and every wound roll of 6 produces another one for on average 100 attacks. And the best: This stratagem is not targeting a unit but a character that now has an aura with this buff for one round. You can buff a multiple units of daemonettes 

- The other way around, you can give a unit an aura that reduces the attack characteristic of enemies.

- and finally a reroll to hit stratagem thats quiet cheap.

- A warlord trait that reduces enemy attacks in an aura

- or one that lets you reroll anything vs. characters.

- And for relics:Slaanesh got the hidden... na, forbidden gem of this book. You maybe heard of it? The thing that says Mortarion, Magnus, Guilli... Gylli... the other guy he is not allowed to play this phase 

I have the feeling Slaanesh is even more "charg"-y than Khorne this book. You tie them up, then debuff them and then its a game of "can you tank my gals long enough to kill them?"

That's great Death thanks for the run down :thumbsup: Seems Fiends are still very good, shame about the price of the models :confused:

Did the Daemonettes get an attack increase, or are you getting the 90 attacks with a buff somewhere? I drew similar conclusions about how Slaanesh was going to play from what I heard, so good to see this is the case. I think the issue will be the same - getting into combat as quickly as possible is essential and the movement buff from advancing + characters will play a large part. Then it's about clever management and use of Stratagems, along with enemies potentially withdrawing from combat (multi-charges will help, but aren't a fix).

A battalion and a brigade detachment comes to exactly 2k points without trying very hard. Instruments on all Daemonettes, Daemon Prince with Wings and herald in both detachments, a Masque as the third HQ in the Brigade. Seems like a nobrainer setup, and with 15CP it has some nasty deep strike potential. Looks to me like Slaanesh in general lacks some good anti-tank or answers to high-toughness in general... What have you folks been doing?

Hi guys! 

As I am starting Slaanesh I am very torn on how to proceed with the two starter boxes I got! I cannot decide whether to make Exalted Seeker Chariots or just regular Seeker Chariots from the two I have purchased so far. I know the Seeker Chariots can hide behind my units as characters (if they're heralds) but Exalted one just looks like a cool center piece unit! Plus all those juicy attacks... 

Any help would be appreciated. This is just the start of my Slaanesh force.. I plan on buying another box or two of these starter sets for the seekers + chariots to make some Hellflayers and have seekers in multiples of 6. 

I bought the new Codex today (and had a nice chat with the very friendly manager). Had a cursory flip through the 'dex, and overall I'm liking what I see. The loss of Seeker Heralds kinda sucks, but from what I can tell everything else is pretty brutal. I might mix in some Nurgle Daemons, but honestly I was planning on doing that before 8th dropped, so eh.

Also I'm pretty confident we'll get a new Slaanesh release relatively soon. They left Keepers in the Codex so we aren't getting Squatted (though GW seems to have learned their lesson from AoS, so I doubt we'll be seeing Squattings in the future) and they can't just release three out of four plastic Greater Daemons and leave us with the ancient and derpy metal/resin KoS.

What I'd like to see is new Heralds ala the Bilepiper and Scrivener, a plastic KoS with alternate weapons and new unique character build, plastic Fiends, and the Masque redone (because even compared to the other Slaanesh Daemons that model looks...well, awful). Given the rumours and fluff hints pointing to Fulgrim, the overall presentation of the 'dex (Slaanesh gets some pretty interesting tidbits, notably that even the other Dark Gods are not immune to his corruption despite his lack of military ascendency) and the fact that GW actually seems to be listening to fans now, I think we can expect SOMETHING soon.

New Slaanesh Heralds would be nice for sure. The one on the chariot (which apparently isn't officially a Herald anymor :D ) looks decent but I really don't like the official Slaanesh Herald model on foot.

I bought the new Codex today (and had a nice chat with the very friendly manager). Had a cursory flip through the 'dex, and overall I'm liking what I see. The loss of Seeker Heralds kinda sucks, but from what I can tell everything else is pretty brutal. I might mix in some Nurgle Daemons, but honestly I was planning on doing that before 8th dropped, so eh.

Also I'm pretty confident we'll get a new Slaanesh release relatively soon. They left Keepers in the Codex so we aren't getting Squatted (though GW seems to have learned their lesson from AoS, so I doubt we'll be seeing Squattings in the future) and they can't just release three out of four plastic Greater Daemons and leave us with the ancient and derpy metal/resin KoS.

What I'd like to see is new Heralds ala the Bilepiper and Scrivener, a plastic KoS with alternate weapons and new unique character build, plastic Fiends, and the Masque redone (because even compared to the other Slaanesh Daemons that model looks...well, awful). Given the rumours and fluff hints pointing to Fulgrim, the overall presentation of the 'dex (Slaanesh gets some pretty interesting tidbits, notably that even the other Dark Gods are not immune to his corruption despite his lack of military ascendency) and the fact that GW actually seems to be listening to fans now, I think we can expect SOMETHING soon.

I always find it interesting what models some people like and others don't. I actually really like the way the Masque looks. I just wish she wasn't a unique character. 

I totally agree on the KOS though. That is the only model in the range that I really cannot stand. I actually prefer the current daemonettes to the other versions I've seen as well. Everyone has different tastes I suppose. :) 

My biggest issue is making my Daemon Princes more Slaanesh. 

That's where I'm at, model-wise. I love the options in the Daemon Prince kit... but none of them quite say 'Slaanesh as much.

Maybe more pincers!

That's where I'm at, model-wise. I love the options in the Daemon Prince kit... but none of them quite say 'Slaanesh as much.

Maybe more pincers!

My biggest issue with it is that if I have two they'll look too alike. I want one female, one male Daemon Prince/Princess to fit into that androgynous Slaanesh quality. My plan for one of them is to get my hands on the Bloodwrack Medusa from the Dark Elves set. She normally is just a thing that sits in the Blood Cauldron but it's a perfect sized non-SM Daemon Prince that also looks feminine! 

Sadly.. all the bits shops are sold out of them! /facepalm 

The Masque looks okay-ish imo. Keeper and Fiends are the ones who really NEED an updated model tho :biggrin.:

Totally agree on the Keeper and Fiends. I have found a decent conversion of them that I want to try to replicate but I don't know what torso he used! Supposedly he uses the regular fiend bottom/tail, changes the torso out for a beastmen torso, and the head is from the Dryads kit. I just can't figure out what beastmen he used for the chest. 

blogger-image--777131507.jpg 

Hi guys!

As I am starting Slaanesh I am very torn on how to proceed with the two starter boxes I got! I cannot decide whether to make Exalted Seeker Chariots or just regular Seeker Chariots from the two I have purchased so far. I know the Seeker Chariots can hide behind my units as characters (if they're heralds) but Exalted one just looks like a cool center piece unit! Plus all those juicy attacks...

Any help would be appreciated. This is just the start of my Slaanesh force.. I plan on buying another box or two of these starter sets for the seekers + chariots to make some Hellflayers and have seekers in multiples of 6.

Buy some extra bases and make four Hellflayers or Seeker Chariots and four Heralds on foot. I prefer Hellflayers, personally.

and they can't just release three out of four plastic Greater Daemons and leave us with the ancient and derpy metal/resin KoS.

You should say that to 20+ years old Abaddon mini.

Because GW certainly don't mind releasing tons of imperium heroes (looking at you Gathering Storm) for years while the "arch-enemy" now looks like a malformed midget.

and they can't just release three out of four plastic Greater Daemons and leave us with the ancient and derpy metal/resin KoS.

Because GW certainly don't mind releasing tons of imperium heroes (looking at you Gathering Storm) for years while the "arch-enemy" now looks like a malformed midget.

Something I did notice in the Daemons codex, speaking of models, is the KOS. Every piece of art work for the KOS I remember seeing is of the Forgeworld variant. I didn't see the old KOS in the book. 

I think that might be an indication of a new model, themed on the Forgeworld one, being on the way?! 

Something I did notice in the Daemons codex, speaking of models, is the KOS. Every piece of art work for the KOS I remember seeing is of the Forgeworld variant. I didn't see the old KOS in the book. 

I think that might be an indication of a new model, themed on the Forgeworld one, being on the way?!

there have been rumors that Slaanesh is the next god to get a new line of plastic crack, so it's possible.

What does everyone think of modifying the Gryph-Hounds models from AOS to be fiends? I think the base bodies are great... would just need to add a new tail and upper body/head/arms?

Or would Centigors maybe work better.... hrm! 

Archived