Slaaneshi Daemons in 8th

WarriorFish

Can the Herald on Seeker from the index take Slothful Claws from the codex?

Your question inspired me to look in the Codex to see if the Chariot versions of the Seeker could as well. Funny enough there aren't actual entries in the Codex for the Herald on Seeker chariots... exalted or not. Which confuses me. 

However, that being said, the entry for the relic just says it replaces that specific claw. So if the Herald on Seeker has that claw... yes I would say you can replace it. 

On further inspection... there is definitely no Chariot option for the Herald in the codex. Has this been discussed already? I almost want to say it's an oversight... as the Herald on foot got a buff with the ravaging claw. The model obviously exists. I'll be pretty disappointed if we can't fit that onto a chariot. 

Upon further... further inspection, I see the thread has already talked about this. I suppose since I just picked up Daemons a week ago I was confused about what you all were talking about. Well... I suppose it doesn't change my plan much as I was using what I was seeing in Battlescribe initially anyway. Just kind of disappointing I suppose. 

On a few of the above topics:

Masque model is fine for me, but her rules need to reppresent better her background

Icons are 15 points, not 10 (better than 25 from the index!)

Index heralds have Piercing Claws, and the Codex heralds have ravaging claws, so the Slothful Claws may not be taken on chariot or mounted heralds that come from the Index.

Any mounted or chariot heralds will be using the Index cost and profiles, which also means they (on steed) lose the reroll to charge that the Codex seekers gained; though they do have the built-in advance+charge.

Lastly, I can wait a year for a plastic KoS, because that thing is going to be siiiiiick! More heralds with specific roles would be wonderful as well, as with the exaulted chariot getting some changes.

What are the general opinion about Slaanesh Daemonkind ? I play E.C. with a solid shooting base (Noise marines, Lascan havok, rhino, Noise Dread or Sicarian or Defiler (Defiler for the fun, Sicarian or Dread are much better), Sorcerer, Terminators, Possessed and Daemon prince). 

If i want to add a Slaanesh Daemon detachment, what would be the choose ? Is it worth it to take a battalion with 3 daemonettes as troops ? I want that sweet locust on my possessed on rhino and some choppy units. 

New Age of Sigmar teaser.... it looks like Daemonettes and Seekers in the pictures! 

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2018/01/the-shadow-queen-slaanesh.html

Having watched it now it's definitely Dark Elf stuff for Sigmar... but... Slaanesh being included is a pretty cool sign of things to come, no?! 

What are the general opinion about Slaanesh Daemonkind ? I play E.C. with a solid shooting base (Noise marines, Lascan havok, rhino, Noise Dread or Sicarian or Defiler (Defiler for the fun, Sicarian or Dread are much better), Sorcerer, Terminators, Possessed and Daemon prince). 

If i want to add a Slaanesh Daemon detachment, what would be the choose ? Is it worth it to take a battalion with 3 daemonettes as troops ? I want that sweet locust on my possessed on rhino and some choppy units. 

Try the FA det with a ~10 seeker base and two cheep entries like 5 seekers or hellflayers, then two Index heralds on seeker mounts. Or just take the Supreme Command for mounted heralds.

2c

New Age of Sigmar teaser.... it looks like Daemonettes and Seekers in the pictures! 

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2018/01/the-shadow-queen-slaanesh.html

Having watched it now it's definitely Dark Elf stuff for Sigmar... but... Slaanesh being included is a pretty cool sign of things to come, no?! 

Yeah I think AoS will have Slaanesh released (captured by Elves right now, which actually can lead up to a 40k like story too).

As mentioned elsewhere I do deem a Slaanesh release really likely in the 4th quarter of this year. As I deem it very likely that Slaanesh will break free in AoS. This is offcourse the perfect excuse for new units.

Please let there be new models! On another topic, why is everyone so against the Keeper of Secrets? I reckon his mobility isn't that great, but we now have a strat to fix it and he has damage 3 weapons, which should be very handy as at first sight Slaanesh is defenitely lacking anti-tank... Besides, he isn't as expensive as the other greater daemons.

Please let there be new models! On another topic, why is everyone so against the Keeper of Secrets? I reckon his mobility isn't that great, but we now have a strat to fix it and he has damage 3 weapons, which should be very handy as at first sight Slaanesh is defenitely lacking anti-tank... Besides, he isn't as expensive as the other greater daemons.

I think there will, but it's way too early to say anything about it ;) 

For now I think the strongest asset that removes the need for GD in Slaanesh armies would be to drop the EC/Slaanesh/Termintor combi-weapon bomb. A brickton of points but there is very little it can't remove and very little that can remove it after that brutal double combi shot assault out of nowhere.

Thing is, if it's mono Slaanesh at least people can't cry cheese too hard?....

Never underestimate some people's ability to cry :P

I've not had the time to properly read through the meat of the codex so I've not got round to the KoS yet. Are there some unfavourable changes? Or should that be unfavourable lack of changes?

But if there's one thing I want then it's an outburst of emotion of my opponent when I'm playing mono Slaanesh! Give me those tears! :P

I don't think anything really changed for the KoS. Still a mediocre monster. Not big enough to take a hit and not small enough to hide behind other units. With the relic that lets him refill wounds it could be nice if he makes it into melee I guess.

I think even when the KoS is updated it will still suffer from what 40k GD's suffer from, the inability to protect themselves from fire like Daemon Princes can... Though having said that, I don't play Slaanesh but I can imagne the same results cross the board.

What I think is much more promissing as a result is a Daemon Prince with Hysterical Frenzy. Wether or not to let the Daemonettes fight twice or the Daemon Prince is completely up to you. What I do know is that Daemonettes make fine shoot screens for such Daemon Princes all costs considered. Then if your opponent is able to charge it you still get Quicksilver Swiftness to your advantage which makes for something great anyway.

Now all things considered and the lack of a propper Slaanesh upgrade I do think that in general mixing CSM and Daemons is a stronger route to go than to go for either mono. I think it's true for Khorne at least but can easily imagne an EC player liking 7 point Daemonettes also. I can't blame that either, they seem great, even better as before because standing still to summon is basically removed and nobody had the time for that anyway. 

Back to the KoS, it's issue is simply having 12 wounds. There is that grey area between having <9 or 16> and 12 is just not ideal. So all I hope for is that you guys will get the last laugh in 2018 with the ranges being updated. The fact that GW didn't bother to include a Herald on Chariot here also makes no sence to me... As it's also still a strong choice in AoS. But realistically at this time I see no reason to thake a KoS over a Slaaneshi Daemon Prince.

The silver lining in general for Codex Daemons to me is found in cheap HQ and cheap Troops. So for you guys I'd filter it to Heralds of Slaanesh on foot, Daemon Prince and Daemonettes. These fill a cheap Detachment that grand you a ton of CP and can be used as foot troops or deep striked bombs but in general I think it's a strong choice to obtain that CP to be used in conjunction with EC troops shooting twice while Daemonettes will fight twice (ideally). 

The silver lining in general for Codex Daemons to me is found in cheap HQ and cheap Troops. So for you guys I'd filter it to Heralds of Slaanesh on foot, Daemon Prince and Daemonettes. These fill a cheap Detachment that grand you a ton of CP and can be used as foot troops or deep striked bombs but in general I think it's a strong choice to obtain that CP to be used in conjunction with EC troops shooting twice while Daemonettes will fight twice (ideally). 

Don't forget the extremely fast other units we have. Fiends as ugly as they are as great they are for binding shooty units. Move those 14" + advance ~7" and charge something annoying. I'd even take a lone Herald in deep strike reserves just for that (tho he'd be likely accompanied by a bunch of Daemonettes anyway). I assure you AM and AdMech player will be annoyed as hell if you tied up their infantry or even better tanks without them being able to fall back with them. :P

Try the FA det with a ~10 seeker base and two cheep entries like 5 seekers or hellflayers, then two Index heralds on seeker mounts. Or just take the Supreme Command for mounted heralds.

2c

Thank you. So seeker are the way to go for Slaanesh Daemonkind ? Good think some 3th company is about to release some great count as seeker. 

I was thinking about Daemon Prince, now that we got Relics and Warlord for CSM and daemon : Witch Slaanesh Daemon Prince is better ? CSM or Daemon ? 

CSM DP got DttFE, reroll both for CSM and Daemon (so the obvious chooce for Slaanesh DaemonKind), got a spell for 5+ FnP and got the Intoxicating Elixir.. wich is :cussing great. 

Daemon DP allow reroll only for Daemon (not a great deal if i want mine only with a rhino full of possessed), dont get DttFE, got a spell for 6+ FNP (seriously ?). 

But he will have the locust of Slaanesh (so i dont have to get an Herald on seeker), hysterical frenzy.

Does the Chaos Daemon relics got better relics and warlord than Intoxicating Elixier and Driven by pain (dunno if it's the exact name, the warlord trait of E.C. to get more attack) ?

2c

Thank you. So seeker are the way to go for Slaanesh Daemonkind ? Good think some 3th company is about to release some great count as seeker.

Which ones?

2c

Which ones?

French ones :

https://www.ragingheroes.com/products/xehzirhya-le-sf

If you want to pay more for true Slaanesh daemon (there is more to come, this models just came out one month ago as an obvious non Herald on Steed, and theyre is more to come for regular seeker. They also got daemonette; And some nice Slaanesh furies to come, and fiend of Slaanesh (search for Lust elfes centaures).  

If you want picture i just got this models assembled. 

2c

Which ones?

French ones :

https://www.ragingheroes.com/products/xehzirhya-le-sf

If you want to pay more for true Slaanesh daemon (there is more to come, this models just came out one month ago as an obvious non Herald on Steed, and theyre is more to come for regular seeker. They also got daemonette; And some nice Slaanesh furies to come, and fiend of Slaanesh (search for Lust elfes centaures).  

If you want picture i just got this models assembled. 

Ha yes raging heroes. They make awesome minis.

Their Lady Melith also make a decent Masque alternative and whenever they decide to release the Avatar of Shaah, it will make a very nice Keeper of Secrets.

I didn't know that one. it will indeed make a nice Herald. Although i prefer the Fantasy version (not a big fan of that facemask).

For sure! Those Daughter of Khain models are sweet as hell. Some even looked pretty similar to Daemonettes (on purpose I suppose). However I think I'm more interested in using some of those models as Slaanesh Cultists rather than Daemons. :P

I think that end of the year will be Slaanesh focused but I do agree that many of the Medusa like warriors could make awesome Fiends and indeed Witch Aelves could be Daemonettes.

All in all I would say the vibe fits the melange of Dark Eldar and Slaanesh. But the Daemonettes are cheaper to buy as the Aelves are :)

Archived