Slaaneshi Daemons in 8th

WarriorFish

So I recently got my hands on some daemons to go along with my emperor’s children and I am trying to run some kind of slaanesh daemonkin. I only have the slaanesh starter set from which I made two seeker chariot that I plan to use as heralds and made an extra herald on foot with the spare bits. I made a 1500 list with as many “daemons” I could fit from my collection.

So here’s what I came up with

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Daemons) [16 PL, 298pts] ++

+ HQ +

Herald of Slaanesh [4 PL, 66pts]: Ravaging claws

Herald of Slaanesh on Seeker Chariot [6 PL, 116pts]: Bewitching Aura, Lashes of Torment, Symphony of Pain, The Forbidden Gem, Warlord

Herald of Slaanesh on Seeker Chariot [6 PL, 116pts]: Lashes of Torment, Symphony of Pain

Chaos Allegiance: Slaanesh

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) [60 PL, 1086pts] ++

+ Fast Attack +

Warp Talons [13 PL, 270pts]: Mark of Slaanesh

. 9x Warp Talon: 9x Lightning Claw (pair)

. Warp Talon Champion: Lightning Claw (pair)

+ HQ +

Daemon Prince with Wings [9 PL, 180pts]: Hellforged sword, Intoxicating Elixir, Slaanesh

Sorcerer on Steed of Slaanesh [7 PL, 127pts]: Bolt pistol, Force sword, Lashing tongue on Steed of Slaanesh

+ Troops +

Daemonettes [4 PL, 95pts]: Alluress, 9x Daemonette, Daemonic Icon, Instrument of Chaos

Noise Marines [6 PL, 95pts]

. Marine w/ Blastmaster: Blastmaster

. 3x Marine w/ boltgun

. Noise Champion: Bolt pistol, Boltgun

Noise Marines [11 PL, 124pts]

. 5x Marine w/ Sonic blaster: 5x Sonic Blaster

. Noise Champion: Bolt pistol, Boltgun, Doom siren, Sonic blaster

+ Heavy Support +

Obliterators [10 PL, 195pts]: Mark of Slaanesh, 3x Obliterator

Legion: Emperor's Children

++ Total: [76 PL, 1384pts] ++

I know that this list doesn’t have that much daemons in it, but I plan to add more when I have the models. For now I plan on using the obliterators as a much needed fire support for the pure CC daemons, while pretty much all the rest runs up the board while the noise marines grab some objectives if needed and I deepstrike the warp talons bomb. I really like the idea of S5 warptalons that can pile in and fight in the psychic phase, that can get a 4++ for 1CP and with the emperor’s children stratageme they generate additional attacks on 6’s to hit( but I only have 10 for the time being).

So what do ou guys think of the list, or just the general idea of making a slaanesh daemonkin army?

You can't use the +1 to invulnerable saves on CSM units, only units with Daemon as a faction key word.

I'm also not sure if you can have relics from two different codices in the same army. Not sure on how the various stratagems for additional relics interacts with the rule that your warlord must be from said faction to gain access to relics.

How are you getting the Warp Talons to fight in the psychic phase? That sounds interesting.

How are you getting the Warp Talons to fight in the psychic phase? That sounds interesting.

Hysterial Frenzy is hysterical :P 

But it will even be more fun with Fulgrim.

What can I say, Slaanesh seems very healthy if you pick the golden fruit. Daemonettes + Termi bomb!

So I tried the warp talons a few days ago against ynarie and against death guard. Absolustely devastating against the death guard! 13 strenght 5 lightning claws hit (I ended up playing only 6 warp talons) just shreds plague marines to pieces, especially with delightfull agonies for a 5+ FnP to make them last longer and hysterical frenzy to make them fight twice. Not so good against dark reaper spam tbh... but then again, what is?

Also I was using two chariot, one for deep strike and one on the board and the one in deep strike didn’t do anything for both games, but the one on the board was absolutely amazing. So I won’t be puting chariots in deepstrike anymore.

Thanks for the info, I would have thought Chariots a bit too big to deep strike well so good to hear they do good work on the table top. For those of us looking to work CSM with Daemons the cross over is great - especially if you like lightning claws :P

So I tried the warp talons a few days ago against ynarie and against death guard. Absolustely devastating against the death guard! 13 strenght 5 lightning claws hit (I ended up playing only 6 warp talons) just shreds plague marines to pieces, especially with delightfull agonies for a 5+ FnP to make them last longer and hysterical frenzy to make them fight twice. Not so good against dark reaper spam tbh... but then again, what is?

Also I was using two chariot, one for deep strike and one on the board and the one in deep strike didn’t do anything for both games, but the one on the board was absolutely amazing. So I won’t be puting chariots in deepstrike anymore.

What went wrong with DS chariots: failed charges, overwatch neutering, or poor rolls when you made it in?

Thanks for the info, I would have thought Chariots a bit too big to deep strike well so good to hear they do good work on the table top. For those of us looking to work CSM with Daemons the cross over is great - especially if you like lightning claws :tongue.:

Hah! Deep Striking the Chariots,,,, Tried that a few time in the 6th  not as nail biting as DS a Soul Grinder.  I can't see the need now with their speed and characters being protected from shooting. Is it wrong to miss the DS mishap table? Twas more exciting back then. :rolleyes:

You can't use the +1 to invulnerable saves on CSM units, only units with Daemon as a faction key word.

I'm also not sure if you can have relics from two different codices in the same army. Not sure on how the various stratagems for additional relics interacts with the rule that your warlord must be from said faction to gain access to relics.

On the relic question. You get one free relic, which must be from your Warlords faction. Then you can purchase additional relics as the cost of their stratagem.  So: 1 free, + 1 for 1CP per faction. Then bumps to +1 relic for 3 CP per faction. So if your running Emperor's Children w/ Slaanesh Daemons that's 3 relics for 2CP or 5 relics for 8 CP.

What went wrong with DS chariots: failed charges, overwatch neutering, or poor rolls when you made it in?
The chariot is kinda big so it’s hard to find a good (or rather perfect) spot, I was able to get the one on the board closer then 9” and i I failed my charges with it. Also, that’s just for CSM players, but I can’t use warp time on it to get a charge for sure so I just don’t really see the interest in deep striking it anymore. I guess I just like the idea of a chariot tearing its way through the warp into the battlefield.

*quick correction, i failed my charge with the DS one but made it with the other one

Lord_Q, my knee-jerk reaction is to say play more games with DS chariots, but my rational self agrees with your having a hard time finding a place to drop them AND with how bloody fast they are these day to just have them SCREEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAMMMMMMM up the board.

Mmmmm, screaming....

I don’t know if you guys saw the new sisters of Khaine model, I’m talking about the newest reveal, the big snaky thing. Am I the only one who sees a huge conversion potential? Also I was wondering what are the dimensions for a keeper of secret, as I don’t like the model and I’m planning on converting one, maybe with this model.

Definitely an awesome model for a conversion. I'll wait until end of the year tho ... maybe we'll see an even more awesome Fulgrim then. :biggrin.:

Daughters of Khaine is a beautiful line! 

But I completely agree with you, I still believe Slaanesh's patience will be rewarded. The book is also full of hints of Slaaneshi influences. But it's almost impossible for Slaanesh to not escape at some point in Age of Sigmar due to the characters involved who empower his path directly. 

For those who want to get things done NOW! certainly get it :D 

I have a small question for you guys, what would you do with four daemon princes? I went a bit overboard and bought three more. And I’d like to make the best use of them, model wise and game wise, so what do I kit them out with? And how do I field them in game? I have lots of bits and a bit of greenstuff, ideas are welcome for customization.

Archived