Anamnesis project 40k

Anamnesis

Really good and beautiful details. :smile.:

Good job.

Damn, if I painted a face half as well as that I'd consider it an achievement.

Damn, if I painted a face half as well as that I'd consider it an achievement.

+1 on this.  Your marines look totally fantastic, can't wait to see more.

-W

Hey thanks guys! I'm glad your like it, i'm gonna do a short break to paint my little shadespire band and i'll should start next the aggressors :)

Cheers,

Anamnesis

Outstanding work, I find myself most impressed by your distressed leather.

One nitpick, you seem to have missed the blood drop on the non-sword wielding lieutanant's back pack icon.

I totally miss it yes :down:  i need to touche it up ^.^, thanks brother!

Do you have a tutorial on how you do battle damage? It looks amazing! And is that pigment you are using on the feet?

I don't really have one, but i do marking using rhinox hide with a brush and a piece of blister foam, thinking about where the damages should happen. then i underline them with the my highlight colour.

And yes i'm using pigment on the feet and base after varnishing for the dusty look :)

• 2 weeks later...

I came over to ask on the faces and it looks like you've already done that. Very, very expert painting. You sir are an artist.

Edit: How do you achieve that wonderful stubble/5 O'clock shadow to hair and beards? It really looks like it's been recently cut/shaved.

Thank you very much :)

The stubble is done with a few glaze dark sea blue from vallejo with a bit of the base flesh tone, the blue will negate the red of the skintone to make a very nice grey 

Upsettingly beautiful work.

Also Auf Die Schweiz, maybe see you at a tourney sometime!

Thanks brother, i'm not much of a tourney guy but who knows ;)

Thanks for checking guys, i'll put some progress pic soon, my 3 aggressors have a miscast so i waiting for a reply from gw customer service, and the repulsor is in the process of being build, which is quite complicated also :sweat:

You can expect some more work on my captain in gravis armor also in the process of converting whooho

Anamnesis

So i've trying to finish to convert my captain, just some green stuff left to start the painting!

I know people tend to prefer the sword but i find the axe more intimidating, i'll keep the sword for the captain on foot though!

Ky3eYPV.jpg

Still no reply from gw customers service for my aggressor :cry:

Anamnesis

The Primaris Captain looks cool. Are those wings just decorative, or do they serve some practical function, e.g., as vox antennas? (I thought they were jump pack components, and had doubts a jump pack could lift his Gravis armor.)

Inceptors are wearing Gravis armor as well. ;)

The Primaris Captain looks cool. Are those wings just decorative, or do they serve some practical function, e.g., as vox antennas? (I thought they were jump pack components, and had doubts a jump pack could lift his Gravis armor.)

Primary use is to intimitade the ennemy :teehee:  so in reality they serve nothing hehe or maybe i can use them a wing of sanguinius relic ? And i have to admit i have no idea what a vox antennas is ^-^

They are sanguinary guard wings, normaly attached to the jump pack, but as far as i know they are not the jump pack in themselves

Anamnesis

Edit: typo

Edited by Anamnesis

After much mould line cleaning and building stuff, i can finally paint again

I'm enjoying painting face at the moment and since it's for the captain, i though i would try to do some red eyes to represent the red thirst :)

Big WIP warning

x4Yjaby.jpg

Let me know what you think guys!

Anamnesis

Your Knights look absolutely stellar dude.

The paint job on all of them looks amazing, the weathering is perfect, and the little details on the bases, the bullet casings and such, honestly, great work!

Super jealous of your ability to paint faces too. Can't wait to see more!

Very impressive as always man! Great work

Thanks brother, can't wait to see what you do with your guys :)

Your Knights look absolutely stellar dude.

The paint job on all of them looks amazing, the weathering is perfect, and the little details on the bases, the bullet casings and such, honestly, great work!

Super jealous of your ability to paint faces too. Can't wait to see more!

Thanks mate, i'm glad you like them, i having a blast with them!

Cracking work. The way you paint faces is incredible and I must say really enjoyed the green power sword on the Lt. keep up the goood work.

Thanks mate, more power weapon to come soon:turned:

Very impressive as always man! Great work

Thanks brother, can't wait to see what you do with your guys :smile.:

If I could paint with the precision and detail you do, I'd be a very happy man! As it stands, I can barely SEE the eye, let alone work out how to paint pupils and reflections on them!!

I am truly amazed at them every time I see them.

If I could paint with the precision and detail you do, I'd be a very happy man! As it stands, I can barely SEE the eye, let alone work out how to paint pupils and reflections on them!!

I am truly amazed at them every time I see them.

You need more faith, you don't see the pupils, you trust the emperor you're at the right place at the right time :teehee:

Thanks brother :)

Absolutely stellar work brother:thumbsup: ... From top to bottom. Excellence in all areas... basing, posing, painting. Great job:yes:

Thanks brother Lunkhead!