Anamnesis project 40k

Anamnesis

It is looking sweet now that it's coming together, can't wait to see the whole model finished!

Thanks mate, i want the same actually :tongue.: after painting "squad" it's strange to go back to painting just one mini.

So this will be the last WIP pic before in finished the power weapon and the weathering hopefully this weekend!

JVAOnMy.jpg

Thanks for your interests brothers!

Anamnesis

Edit: Holy crap page 6, longest thread running ever!

Edited by Anamnesis

I'm really impressed at the detail on your models. When I get round to my own intercessors I'll have to attempt another pass on them to add some highlights to the cabling and some battle damage. Your freehand work is superb and painting the Iris of the model's eyes red is something I don't think I'd be able to achieve. Great work overall, I hope you are pleased with the results. :smile.:

Edited by Flame Boy

Gorgeous work on those bare faces, really takes those intercessors to another level

Thanks mate! I had so much fun doing thoses faces, there are full of character 

I'm really impressed at the detail on your models. When I get round to my own intercessors I'll have to attempt another pass on them to add some highlights to the cabling and some battle damage. Your freehand work is superb and painting the Iris of the model's eyes red is something I don't think I'd be able to achieve. Great work overall, I hope you are pleased with the results. :smile.:

Thanks brother, i'm indeed pleased by the result, specially considering the time. I used to be a one marine a month type of painter, now i'm able to paint a squad in one month which is a major improvement if i want to play painted :)

Really cool base, maybe too blue for Alpha Legion, more like the pre-heresy scheme, but still very well done.

Thanks mate, I had indeed more in mind the heresy scheme and i totally forgot that the 40k scheme is more green :teehee:

The base looks great!

Blood Angel (to dead Alpha Legionnaire): "Eat it, foul traitor!"

Thanks! That the idea hehehe :devil:

Love your work. That base is just outstanding. I think the horns are my favourite part. They look so old and rotten

Thanks brother, i'm glad you like it, it was a fun little project in itself :) 

The rest is comming soon-ish :turned:

Cheers,

Anamnesis

:Takes notes.  Many notes:

Dat black.  Dat leather. :drool:  And now that I see it in print, that just sounds creepy...

The blends to gray are smooth enough that I officially hate you. :thumbsup:

Ahah thanks mate :p 

I continue to marvel at the detail and quality of your work:thumbsup:

Thanks brother!

In the mean time, my captain is waiting for varnish then pigment, and i'll be able to post the picture, to say i'm really happy with him is a understatement :)

Next on the painting table is the repulsor and i took the time to do a small tut on doing the concrete base, hope some of you will find it useful and i'll add the painting in the second part 

1. Choose some cork to add some height to your base and use it as a base for the concrete

S84WHRn.jpg

2. Cut some plasticard and glue it to your cork

nAtLpk1.jpg

3. Trim with a cutter the side of the plasticard to mostly match the cork underneath, make some marks and tears with a cutter or other pointy thing (mind your fingers please)

VGDaeZQ.jpg

4. This step is optionnal but finding a few bits and pieces to matches the idea behind your basework is nice and break the monotony of a plain base.

3Tbikdj.jpg

5. Drown everything in black lava putty from vallejo or any other pumice like stuff, and push your bits and pieces in it. I also added a piece of razor wires because i like it :)

LkElfUN.jpg

Cheers

Anamnesis

Simply spectacular. 

Thanks!

I think I need to copy that guy. :biggrin.:

Also I wish the Gravis Captain could actually use a Poweraxe lol

Thanks, the conversion is easy! I don't know how i'll use him IG, but i don't think my friend will mind too much between a sword and a axe :)

Absolutely amazing all round! Even with all the colours you are still drawn to the face. Loving the weathering and power axe. How did you manage to get that effect on the PA?

Thanks, it's a mix of drawning lightning, adding some white point a the junction between them and glazing it with blue to finish the effect :)

I think I need to copy that guy. :biggrin.:

Also I wish the Gravis Captain could actually use a Poweraxe lol

Thanks, the conversion is easy! I don't know how i'll use him IG, but i don't think my friend will mind too much between a sword and a axe :smile.:

Considering that the axe is usually weaker than the sword...yeah I don't think people would mind in a casual environment.

Edited by sfPanzer