8th Ed Codex on the way

Charlo

That's nice and all, but the fabricators of everything should probably have a vehicle requisition rule just like inquisitors. But i think a mundane transport would make a lot of people happy. Edited by dogfender

I'll say it once and i'll say it again.

If you really want some other imperial vehicles just play with the Imperium keyword or bring another small detachment to not lose out on Canticles.

I just super don't feel there is the need for them to give us Leman Russes/ Land Raiders etc when we can just ally them.

My friend also made an excellent point about Ad Mech the other day when I expressed my grievances about getting an early codex, which means no new models:

While the model range is small, at least it's not full of 20+ year old sculpts.

Which is an excellent boon indeed! We have some stunning kits with lots of good bits!

That's all fine and dandy, but the vehicles we really need, the chimera, taurox, rhino and razorback, are all locked by keyword, and unless we start putting giant =][='s on all our robes no one will let us use them because of the keyword's they are all locked by,. so yes we do need at least one of those four in order to use more of our model range. we cannot use some models to their full potential because we lack them.

I don't get it either. GW will be selling more models if they do it too. i'm all poised to buy a chimera for allied guard detachment, but until we get a transport i'm in no way thinking about getting stuff like sicarans or electro-priests. just my own oppinion, but I think they would be better served by transports.

It's Goliaths I'm crying out for! :)

Personally, I think I have quite strong ideas/visions of what should be the case. Not necessarily *good* ones, But strong. If it doesn't go quite my way enough, I *think* I might homebrew a lot of this stuff and hope for the best... with any lick, everyone'll be cool/supportive!

Being able to use existing imperial vehicles would be a bland result for me, I want a model that more closely fits the aesthetic of the mechanicus range.

Of course if worst comes to worst and such is years away Forgeworld will have us covered with the Triaros and presumably also the Explorator once they get the 8th ruled for them to us.

Giving the HQ options would be nice. Maybe giving us some more Magos, with different specialties- biolagis, lexmechanic, reductor, etc...I'm pretty sure that people would be happy with just having rules and having to kitbash then just have a very bland Dominus with only a couple of options.

Giving the HQ options would be nice. Maybe giving us some more Magos, with different specialties- biolagis, lexmechanic, reductor, etc...I'm pretty sure that people would be happy with just having rules and having to kitbash then just have a very bland Dominus with only a couple of options.

This would be pretty amazing. I suppose a Magos Biologis would be a good way to buff your servitors. Is there a rule similar to fleshbane in 8th edition? That would be a good rule for Biologis attacks. Perhaps a Metallurgist Magos would be able to boost the armour save of your models? I think the special issue wargear in the Cult Mechanicus was a start, but I'd prefer more options as I'm sure most people here would. 

Excited for the book currently, as for the forgeworld stuff, I wouldnt mind if we got access to some of the other stuff, as fluff wise much of it was written for use by skitarii also (before skitarii were a thing).

I would say Ryza is likely to get plasma based boons if anything though, given that their fluff IIRC is all about producing plasma weapons.

Also, didnt Gryphonne IV invent the leman russ conqueror? Might be an interesting 1 to grant them.

Though as others have said, a transport would be nice to have given to us :)

As a Metalica player, I wonder if we'll get +1 to hit with the electricity based weapons, or something like that. Kinda like how Crimson Fists (i think?) Get a bonus to Bolt weapons.

Though that may instead be a stratagem, or something. I could definitely see GW making a stratagem called Ride The Lightning.

Edited by GreatGooglyMoogly

I really don't ask for much this edition.

New, cheaper, HQ.
Give me some reason to take Ruststalkers again.
Don't wildly change up the points or wargear loadouts so that the models I have become unusable or insanely inefficient.

Don't flood the army with Guard/Marine vehicle options. I want to play Ad Mech, not a list that starts being 50/50 Ad Mech + Guard vehicles.

Other than that, I trust Forge Worlds upcoming book to give us Ad-Mech specific stuff for our Ad-Mech (transports, new models, etc).

I really don't ask for much this edition.

New, cheaper, HQ.

Give me some reason to take Ruststalkers again.

Don't wildly change up the points or wargear loadouts so that the models I have become unusable or insanely inefficient.

Don't flood the army with Guard/Marine vehicle options. I want to play Ad Mech, not a list that starts being 50/50 Ad Mech + Guard vehicles.

Other than that, I trust Forge Worlds upcoming book to give us Ad-Mech specific stuff for our Ad-Mech (transports, new models, etc).

I hope for more deployment options for Rangers/ Vanguard

Biggest addition will be the Strategems and Relics, should soup the army up nicely

There is just one thing i don't get..i would love a new model as well but this constant whining about mechanicus needing a transport is just absolutely boring and only suggest that the people whining about them don't know how to play their own models....

-infiltrators...well infiltrate...

-ruststalkers 2 wounds, 4+ 6++ en movement of 8"..at only 20 points each you should be taking a minimum of 2 squads! that's 200 points for 20 wounds!! you're getting in combat..don't worry about it..

-rangers..they have the range to get to shooting immediately.

-vanguard..this would be the only unit needing a transport..or just use them to defend your backfield..

And i'm not going to even discuss the cult mechanicus units needing transports because that's just silly...

Ok one more:

the priests...they're zealous freaks...no transport is going to hold them buddy...

So let's just look forward to getting updated rules, Cawl in a single pack and leave it at that;)

http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2017/08/deathguard-and-adeptus-mechanicus.html?m=1

Looks like our codex comes out in less than a month

.. with no new models. Cawl reboxed. Datacards is nice.

We get a 2CP stratagem to immediately change canticle, and an objective to randomly determine our canticle. Pretty niceish. Sounds like no specific skitarii focus yet, which is disappointing.

Collectors edition seems to come out early, so that's nice.

Also, I agree with misterkho: we don't need a transport- spiteful only needs scout moves, potentially. Rangers are long ranged and don't need to move arquebuses. Vanguard are assault weapons anyway so they can move 6-12 inches. I think rustalkers need the genestealwr ability of advance and charge, and dragoons might like hit and run and move over infantry. To step through enemy lines. I don't think onagers need improving or changing, save to make cognis relevant.

Cult mech needs a transport for e priests though- but they're already insanely powerful and may just have to occupy the ultimate slow glass cannon slot.

I totally want a flyer, a new robot and a skitarii legate and or Tribune. We aren't getting them anytime soon though, which is heartbreaking

Edited by lancerusso

As suspected its a 'Grey Knights' release book, cards and boxed Cawl.

One unit that would benefit from a transport is the electro priests, they now deal good damage in combat but getting them where the can do damage is tricky. That said there are plenty of factions in a worse place than Admech with all recent plastic kits, sisters and CSM not playing DG or TS have been waiting years for new core troop kits. Shame some of the 30k models are not available to 40k even as a single take one 'relic' unit. Oh well let's hope the update is solid...

Edited by PJ1933

For me it seems that GW mostly wants to get out as many codexes as possibly in as short time and new models (for almost all armies) will come later. Only Death guard and primaries marines are new, all other codexes have got no new minaitures so far in 8:ed and I think it will contuie.

I still dont get why they dont just open up some of the leman russes though, conq from FW was "tested" by the skitarii, and they could just make the leman russ usable but have the guns be admech guns, allowing conversion fun and possibly releasing an upgrade set for the russ to make it use dunecrawler guns.

There is just one thing i don't get..i would love a new model as well but this constant whining about mechanicus needing a transport is just absolutely boring and only suggest that the people whining about them don't know how to play their own models....

-ruststalkers 2 wounds, 4+ 6++ en movement of 8"..at only 20 points each you should be taking a minimum of 2 squads! that's 200 points for 20 wounds!! you're getting in combat..don't worry about it..

-vanguard..this would be the only unit needing a transport..or just use them to defend your backfield..

And i'm not going to even discuss the cult mechanicus units needing transports because that's just silly...

Ok one more:

the priests...they're zealous freaks...no transport is going to hold them buddy...

So let's just look forward to getting updated rules, Cawl in a single pack and leave it at that;)

I guess you've never heard of objectives. Maybe tone down the imperious attitude, it won't win you any friends or arguments.

Ok one more:

I guess you've never heard of objectives. Maybe tone down the imperious attitude, it won't win you any friends or arguments.

I think Misterkho is right in attitude and argument. A lot of people keep going on about transports when we don't especially need them - and our most recent fluff has waxed lyrical about skitarii soldiers staying with hair feet planted firmly in the ground, and e priests being defensive countercharge, not beefy CC beasts.

Edited by Brother Tyler

Ok one more:

I think Misterkho is right in attitude and argument. A lot of people keep going on about transports when we don't especially need them - and our most recent fluff has waxed lyrical about skitarii soldiers staying with hair feet planted firmly in the ground, and e priests being defensive countercharge, not beefy CC beasts.

okay, so the space marines have a book all of them are supposed to follow and yet we can have 3 different codexes for the space marines who don't follow the codex exactly, and yet ALL of the skitarii over all of the imperium cannot have the option to grab a chimera to avoid being shredded by anti-infantry fire?  

I understand both sides here... when you read some peoples posts it sounds like "we suck because of no transports", which is abolutely not true. Ad Mech was good in 7th and is still in 8th.

But on the other hand: We use the same freaking FOCs everyone else uses, so when there are slots for flyers and transports I want to be able to field flyers and transports. Fluff reasons aside, that is a good enough argument for me :wink:

About the Codex:

At BOLS they mentioned new options for Heretic Astartes and Grey Knights that do not have models yet. Also Nurgle will (might?) have units in the upcoming Deathguard Codex without having the models released yet. So hope dies last, maybe we get a few more Datasheets in our book without the need to release new kits.

ha, imperious! make me sound like some annoying imperial clerk!

My comments are made with light sprinkling of humor on them so please don't take them too seriously.

Except the part of mechanicus needing transports...i still declare any comment about mechanicus needing transport as ridiculous :)

If you want to get somewhere quick we have dragoons, iron striders and ruststalkers and infiltrators..yes those are the units who do not have objective secured but that totally makes sense. The mechanicus isn't the fast moving army as the space marines are. 

We are slow, cumbersome, tough as nails and hard hitting...and some of out faster units are also a bit more squishy..so be it..you can't have it all.

And we certainly don't need rhino's, chimera's, leman russes or whatever..that stuff is for the masses...we want plasma calipers, neutron lasers. onagers. robots en more robots... 

I do agree our codex could be enriched with some more units but transports? Nah i'm good..i'll just walk with my cybernetic ally enhanced legs.