8th Ed Codex on the way

Charlo

As a Metalica player, I wonder if we'll get +1 to hit with the electricity based weapons, or something like that. Kinda like how Crimson Fists (i think?) Get a bonus to Bolt weapons.

Though that may instead be a stratagem, or something. I could definitely see GW making a stratagem called Ride The Lightning.

hahaha. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Archmagos Ulrich as their new HQ?

My Mech boys are painted up in metalica scheme, but always hated the 'metalica' forgeworld name. So cheesy (and metallica are hands down BAAAAD - personal tastes obviosuly)

Excited to see what new codex brings, dont think they'll be many new units, but rebalanced points/new abilities would be nice.

Quick wishlist

- Scout on vanguard + rangers, no penalties for firing assault weapons after advancing.

- Ruststalkers/infiltrators to be actually decent (3d6 charge on ruststalkers? Infiltrators effect aura to be bigger/better?)

- Transport (dont think anyones mentioned this yet??? haha)

- Skitarii HQ

- Some form of the old haywire rules back. Arc weapons just seem 'meh' these days (perhaps have wounds reduce stats on vehicles for the ensuing turn? Or always wound vehincles on a 4+)

- Volkite Onager :D 

Edited by DanPesci

Agree on your wishlist!

scout for skitarii units would be great and end the transport discussion.

a cheaper HQ option is badly needed since our cheapest HQ is now 140 something?

Haywire took a huge nerf.

in the FAQ the infiltrators lost an extra attack..i want it back

the bubble of infiltrators should be better..

pointsdrop on vanguard/rangers

besides that..i'm pretty happy with them.

I played a few games and onagers are just scary..same as for ruststalkers..the amount of mortal wounds they deal are horrifying.. 

1 unit of 5 took out a scout bike squad and a venerable dreadnought in 2 turns while sitting on a objective..

Adeptus Mechanicus don't *need* transports.

Except in every way plausible.

In purely 40k gamelay terms, of course they don't - nobody *needs* anything. So we can set aside that set of daft arguments.

---

Nevertheless, the idea that entire Skitarii armies just wander about is as endearing as elite forces of Space Marines literally jumping from planet to planet.

Movement at speeds greater than a sustained run is still militarily required. So unless the force is expected to just wander about at an infinitesimal pace...

Well, you might phrase it like... "the Adeptus Mechanicus need transports"

:D

Pishposh. Everybody knows that the vaunted Mechanicus have mastered space travel through cultivating the art of a properly paced light jog.

I get the image of the slow, shooty army on foot - but variety is the spice of life, and adds both the ability to specialize and enough complexity to add some more realism. Ideally I'd like us to be able to make flier-based armies from forges who specialize on these things, armies who have quirks due to tight alliances to Myrmidon cults, Ordo Reductor forces, feral skitarii ala Abnett's "Titanicus" and so on. And I don't see how that would be unfluffy.

A stratagem and a tactical objective are teased in the new white dwarf.

The stratagem costs 2 cps and allows you to immediately switch active canticle. The new one has to be generated randomly or chosen from the ones you haven't chosen yet, as usual. This can be interesting, as it allows you to "stack" in a sense. Shooty canticle up until the assault phase, then you activate a punchy canticle.

The tactical objective allows you to score a point if you randomly determined your canticle this turn.

A stratagem and a tactical objective are teased in the new white dwarf.

The stratagem costs 2 cps and allows you to immediately switch active canticle. The new one has to be generated randomly or chosen from the ones you haven't chosen yet, as usual. This can be interesting, as it allows you to "stack" in a sense. Shooty canticle up until the assault phase, then you activate a punchy canticle.

The tactical objective allows you to score a point if you randomly determined your canticle this turn.

Both work perfectly fine with Carl and make him even stonger this way

I kinda just want to requisition a Baneblade with this point, or a Stormlord as Cawl's pope-mobile.

In seriousness, if we don't get transports or Scout and depending on the new Forgeworld specific rules, I'm seeing a lot of Kataphron spam in the future. Ryza is obviously gonna get something to negate overcharging risks, just imagine all the Destroyers GW is gonna start selling

No transports according to the NOVA qna :(

Thank goodness. Reading the Grey Knights codex has really made me miserably pessimistic about our codex. I really hope skitarii can be brought without any tech priests and that skitarii get some skitarii specific stratagems. I loved doctrina imperatives but I've finally finished mourning for them. Hopefully they'll come back to life in the form of stratagems

First post: have followed this topic for a while, personally am happy without transports however if I could blow up other transports with a stratagem or forge world tactic (maybe increase chance from a 6 to 4+) that would please me greatly. But then I mostly face razorbacks and dark Eldar!

Right now seeing how the codexes are focusing on some huge psychic abilities and the plethora of Mortal Wounds.... I think there has to be some significant baseline changes to AdMech.

I am not a fan of transports, but more a fan of inherent mobility. There are some real heavy hitters in the game now, and I don't think a "Knight" does it anymore. I'm hoping there is some significant changes.