8th Ed Codex on the way

Charlo

Right now seeing how the codexes are focusing on some huge psychic abilities and the plethora of Mortal Wounds.... I think there has to be some significant baseline changes to AdMech.

I am not a fan of transports, but more a fan of inherent mobility. There are some real heavy hitters in the game now, and I don't think a "Knight" does it anymore. I'm hoping there is some significant changes.

This. Skitarii (except the onager) need their mobility buffing, not transports. They're already very mobile, but still less so than many units that have transports. Sicarians need a genestealer- like advance and charge rule, or roll 3d6 charge or the only +3 to all move/run/charge. Dragoons/Ironstriders need the same. It'll probably just get rolled into a stratagem called Crusaders of The Machine God, or something. I expect the same with scout moves. 'Constant March'- a squad gets to make a free movement at the start of the turn or at the start of the game - 1cp

Also, a Stratagem called Minority Report would be amazing- 3CP or so, autoseize.

1cp to choose if any vehicle (friend or foe) explodes rather than rolling would be nice too. Means we can purposely suicide vehicles or not have our own ones kill us. Or have the enemy's kill them but not us. 

I am desperate for some radiation-related abilities too, bringing Vanguard back to the forefront of ad mech fluff. Toughness tests, toughness reduction, etc etc. 

As well as doctrina imperatives, would be nice to be able to buff skitarii by +3/-2, would make cognis sensible rather than pointless, and would also make taser weapons INSANE in CC. +3WS/-2BS would mean every 3+ is three hits not one. Presumably 1s always fail.

We have 20 ad mech stratagems coming, which is a hell of a lot more than other codexes. Death guard get 17. We get another bonus 7, one per forge world. As well as one knights-specific stratagems. I'm guessing it's Ion Shield related.

Well gw has killed my interest in yet again another faction, more booze money

How comes buddy? We've not even seen the codex yet!

I would rather have the option to take vehicles than not.

It's also play style.

Or modeling options.

Then there is logic, by all accounts the ad mech should have access to anything they make, but I think people would settle for even one option..

Thematically for fluff, my personal ambitions, modeling & not wanting to have to use allies for an army to make sense, I would like a transport.

It's selfish, but not entirely.

In my last game my Atropos knight spent 2 rounds of shooting and 2 rounds of CC doing 0 wounds to Magnus. While Magnus just smited the knight ignoreing any save and removing his save so he could smack him down easy enough.  In a Edtion where mortals wounds are king and Psykers are getting more and more powerful knights arent the force of destruction they used to be. I am also looking into how i can get atleast some psychic defence. 

In my last game my Atropos knight spent 2 rounds of shooting and 2 rounds of CC doing 0 wounds to Magnus. While Magnus just smited the knight ignoreing any save and removing his save so he could smack him down easy enough. In a Edtion where mortals wounds are king and Psykers are getting more and more powerful knights arent the force of destruction they used to be. I am also looking into how i can get atleast some psychic defence.

This is definitely a big hole in our codex- no psykers and hence we can't even deny anymore.

All the new codexes have six psychic powers for a given discipline, and a few very strong pay per characters. We have neither characters nor powers, so I'm sure we will have something to compensate.

In my last game my Atropos knight spent 2 rounds of shooting and 2 rounds of CC doing 0 wounds to Magnus. While Magnus just smited the knight ignoreing any save and removing his save so he could smack him down easy enough. In a Edtion where mortals wounds are king and Psykers are getting more and more powerful knights arent the force of destruction they used to be. I am also looking into how i can get atleast some psychic defence.

This is definitely a big hole in our codex- no psykers and hence we can't even deny anymore.

All the new codexes have six psychic powers for a given discipline, and a few very strong pay per characters. We have neither characters nor powers, so I'm sure we will have something to compensate.

Here's hoping for some funky wargear or some nice stratagems for denying psykers. 

Here's hoping for some funky wargear or some nice stratagems for denying psykers.

Seeing what little wargear the other codexes have so far is demoralizing. I want our dataspikes and haywire grenades and digital weapons and refractor fields and everything else back. Especially the onagers' selfrepair weapon!

Wargear is nice. But to gw selling models with existing wargear is what makes them money, not ghost wargear.

But I guess it's ok to want wargear but not vehicles right lol

Ghost wargear? Sicarian rustalkers have dataspikes and grenades as actual modelling choices. They don't exist anymore. Makes no sense

Rust stalkers desperately need something to give them purpose. Their "thing" is delivering mortal wounds, but they just don't do it as well as electro priests do. They need some extra rule or wargear to make them work.

Yeah, well they used to have wargear and now they don't.

Refractor shields were one of my favourite things about skitarii- being able to blind an enemy with a lucky deflect was really fun.

Looking at all this death guard stuff is making me very sad.

Their new Blight Hauler is looking like sydonian dragoons, but ten points more. They still get -1 to hit them, 10" move, etc and very cool weapons and even more special rules. We're not going to see anything new or cool for a year or so, and rules not half as powercreeped as Death guard or marines... might as well stop playing at this rate.

Except, I'll just resort to playing pure skitarii unbound rather than :cussty tech priests and enjoy painting my whole range of models properly.

We really really better get new skitarii rules with no new models if not new models. Ad mech too. We're screaming for a bone and some army variety.

So now you want things because of burgle power creep?lol

Yeah admech need more than just transport, considering what they represent as a whole, they should have all sorts of archo tech machines and robots.

I'm not being inconsistent, always wanted things. Just not transports, which I don't ever want. Except drop pods of some sort, maybe? I reserve the right to change my opinion too though

Tomorrow will hopefully be the first drop of info.

Give us termites, that'd be suitable unique and cool to see

Uh, huh. That would work, as would orbital drop barges. I want skitarii packed in like the droid troops in the phantom menace. Like, a better packing factor than necron barges.

There is hope. I checked old news to find out how many pages it was.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-DTxTMmB8K04/WaQxMFQDvnI/AAAAAAABS2I/BrdbP9FbCNwy1bt_Zh6hc0kVRDdTAiBXQCLcBGAs/s1600/adeptus_mec.jpg

Our codex is 104 pages, same as Death Guard. They have 33 datasheets whereas minimum for us is:

7 Skitarii

6 Cult Mech

+ datasmith is now separate choice.

+Cawl

+servitors and tech priest enginseer

So that's 17 choices.

Add Mechanicus Knights for some four or five more choices ( I don't remember how many exactly)

So that is still ten less unit choices than death guard. But we have the same page count of 104. We definitely have as many stratagems as They have stratagems+psychic powers, and we will have forge world dogmas too.

Really hope our roster is filled out a little more though

This is why I hope we at least see some typical imperial vehicles, though I would prefer more esoteric options only available to them.

It makes no sense, since we can just bring those as allied... And as previously reiterated an ad mech transport makes more sense than an imperial standard one- and no new models so if rather none. Just grand master in dreadknight style extra custom byilds