8th Ed Codex on the way

Charlo

I don't know why everyone is freaking out about teleporting Knights.  The Forge World of Lucius is a super high-tech Dyson sphere with nearly limitless energy and the most advanced teleportation technology in the Imperium, potentially including the Grey Knights.  They can teleport TITANS into battle, a mere Knight is child's play.

I don't know why everyone is freaking out about teleporting Knights.  The Forge World of Lucius is a super high-tech Dyson sphere with nearly limitless energy and the most advanced teleportation technology in the Imperium, potentially including the Grey Knights.  They can teleport TITANS into battle, a mere Knight is child's play.

I wonder if titans can get a forge world after this... hey! it's fluffy to have my dual flamestorm knight teleport in on turn 2 into flamer range!

Edited by Tiger9gamer

I wonder if titans can get a forge world after this... hey! it's fluffy to have my dual flamestorm knight teleport in on turn 2 into flamer range!

Now you're thinking like a champion!

Maintaining their 3+ save means your battle servitors will stay in the fight for much longer, while the unique Lucius stratagem, Legio Teleportarium, is perfect for delivering them into optimal combat range.

Yea get katphrons to optimal combat range to fire what?? They are making fun of us in gw.

Knight deep strike is first a reserve option much in need for many costly units. Yes like kataphrons knights etc.

Still when i see elimination volley i cant stop thinking once more how expensive this all stratagems dogmas are. In an army with no cps synergise destroyers troops with Robots heavy. If you think you can make a Mars detachment with troops we heading again to overcosts.

Or once more we gott decide one dogma over the other and those kind of decisions have us low tier thus far.

Always talking about competitive play the fact most local tourneys got detchment restrictions like 2-3 per 2k + the fact that we cant get cheap troopsand cheap hq actully doing something thn being a tax bare bones . ( compared to commisar orders infantry ig) that synergise to get you also deep strike plasma that can deal with any threat. While you gotta pay again tax.

The only good option was to be able to choose from lucius dogma detachment what to place in deep strike. How ill that happen. What for m of detwchment could give you options . Again tax ones either vanguard or patrol to have options. Else you d have to decide before you reach the table. So once more its not an unlimited deep strike option its an expensive one. I will use it and finally we got one option but taking aux and gem starts with -2 cp s to get a knight in reserve....before deploy.

2 wrath /turn for 1-2-3 turns dont be greedy. 1-2 rerolls 1-2-3 deep strike gem ? 3 to play electro priest a second melee time? 2 cp for one melee interuot o you wont loose key char? Average 13 cps with no reall combinatios elkmination maniples bla bla. Impossible and most likely the rest of the armies will get 10 +cp s in already build armies that can do what we will try to do wth relics and stratagems.

Enjoy your pew oew while it lasts cause when other codex come out we going on the bottom again. Maybe with better chances but we dont have yet any real answer. Cost wise points or cps... to make a combination. Cauze just droping a unit of priests as stated that cost around 400 points minimum for a vanguard lucius and 2-4 cp s or more if aux wont win you the game in comparisson to lets say 400 poimts of plasma deep strike ig...

... the fact that we cant get cheap troopsand cheap hq actully doing something thn being a tax bare bones ...

If rumours are true Vanguard will go down to 9 points and Rangers to 8 points, so you can get 3x 5 man units for 120 - 135 points.

Enginseer will be HQ, but you are right, most likely he will be tax (or he has been changed, we don't know).

Someone was asking for Skitarii HQ. Answer was that everything will be revealed this week. Not a "No", so maybe a promising answer...

All in all I have to agree with Cornelius, Ad Mech has been strong from the beginning of the edition, so I am not scared at all that we suck after the Codex release. Mars and Lucius both sound realy strong already, and we still dont get the whole picture (Relics, WLTs, Stratagems, Objectives, changed rules / point costs).

Edited by DeStinyFiSh

Grey Knights have set a precedent of giving us a new option without a specific model in the Grand Master Dreadknight.

So hoping for a Skitarii HQ is deffo plausible - maybe even one of the Rustalkers/ Infiltrators 

Apparently we know the unit count and there are no new units.

I'm not writing off the Metalica rules just yet. Most seem to think it's Mars and Lucius (as of this post). But I really think for tournament play a big problem is (even in Maelstrom) getting from point A to Point B.

What I like about Metalica is I feel like there's a multi layered approach to their lists that work in a tournament meta. The big bots and destroyers are always going to be good... but they're expensive. Skitarii are the life blood of that front line. Not only against chaff and speed, but these guys are best suited for blocking routes into your lines, and forcing Deep strike reserves into non-optimal positions.

So if Rangers/Vanguard go down a bit, and I'm able to advance not only towards objectives, but towards static fire bases, I think this is really flexible.

That being said those units are still fragile. They need to be cheaper or there's just no point, they will advance, and just disappear like a fart in the wind.

Deep Striking Lucius sounds okay. I still find it very hard to generate CP's like many other armies. Orks have them all game long... I just hate using a resource like that for a function that some units simply have available to them.

Also with a lot of armies having such tremendous offensive output in 8th, I just think it's probably(most often) going to turn into a glass cannon ball mission for your deep strikers.

Deep striking in multiple 20 man priest squads would be frankly disgusting would it not? I mean, its pretty glass cannon to begin with..but still

Unless im missing something...

20 man unit of corpuscari priests ...land within 12", and put out 60 S5 shots (which on average should be 60 hits unless my maths is off - 1s and 2s miss, but 6s give you 3 hits?)

20 man unit of fulgurite priests .....land, and pray to the omnishiiah you get that charge off - then lay enough mortal wounds in to take down gulliman and get that sweet 3++ inv :D

Never rmind deepstriking CC kastelans too :D

The thought of 4 big robots and 40 priests all just appearing bang in front/behing enemy lines is fantastic :D

Deep striking in multiple 20 man priest squads would be frankly disgusting would it not? I mean, its pretty glass cannon to begin with..but still

20 man unit of corpuscari priests ...land within 12", and put out 60 S5 shots (which on average should be 60 hits unless my maths is off - 1s and 2s miss, but 6s give you 3 hits?)

20 man unit of fulgurite priests .....land, and pray to the omnishiiah you get that charge off - then lay enough mortal wounds in to take down gulliman and get that sweet 3++ inv :biggrin.:

Never rmind deepstriking CC kastelans too :biggrin.:

The thought of 4 big robots and 40 priests all just appearing bang in front/behing enemy lines is fantastic :biggrin.:

That's a cool idea, but I said this before... you'll have to be prepared for those codexes that will be strong with inteceptor qualities. At 12" against Space Marines for example you will get hit first with "Auspex Scan". Depending on how expensive these units are, that could be a good or a bad thing.

When Tau dex comes out, I can almost guarantee massed Interceptor.

Now if Admech had indirect fire options to deep strike (ala Grey Knights "Astral Aim") then that would be quite the workaround.

Most armies that are 'afraid' of deep strike have ways to mitigate it. The Priests (imho) are too short ranged. I'd go for something that has the angle on hidden units, but the range to stay out of interceptor (if it's there) and still have the staying power to not disappear in a turn/grab an objective.

Lucius is still looking cool. I'm just not sure what I'd do with it. That same Priest idea with Metalica... you'd start in your zone, Advance, and re-roll if necessary on the advance roll, and still fire normal. That's not a horrible option and lets you take the big squad and still have a fast moving, high volume threat.

Just for an example, if I'm playing against Astra... the foot print of over 8-10 dudes gets too big. I can't put them anywhere useful. CC Kastelans are more likely something I'd try.

Edited by Prot

Anyone else hoping servitors (gun & combat) aren't totally worthless?

BOY DO I HAVE A DEAL FOR YOU?

Agripinaa is up.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/09/15/forge-world-focus-agripinaa-sep15gw-homepage-post-4/

Specifically:

40k-AdmechFocus-Agripinaa-Image3oza.jpg

Oh and the Dogma of the Dark Angels...

40k-AdmechFocus-Agripinaa-Image1jesrc.jp

No Relic or Warlord Trait today....

Edited by Charlo

Whole article for those blocked or what not....

Forge World Focus: Agripinaa

One of the most exciting features of the new Adeptus Mechanicus codex is rules for seven different forge worlds, allowing you to customise your collection more than ever before with powerful and thematic new abilities. This week, we’ll be previewing what the forge world rules mean for your army in our daily previews of Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus in advance of the pre-order tomorrow:

40k-AdmechFocus-Agripinaa-Banner2krv.jpg

Being situated right next to the Eye of Terror would, for most factions in the 41st Millennium, be seen as a death sentence, but Agripinaa stands firm even with Cadia destroyed. The warriors of Agripinaa are dauntless, famed for their expertise in defensive warfare. Perhaps more ominously, Agripinaa is known for the ferocious rate at which it produces Servitors, expending them with a ruthless lack of remorse and never short of new raw material thanks to “volunteers” from the unfortunate refugee vessels that orbit the world following the fall of Cadia.

40k-AdmechFocus-Agripinaa-Image6ubd-500x

On the tabletop, Agripinaa armies possess a forge world dogma that’ll make any melee army think twice about charging you:

40k-AdmechFocus-Agripinaa-Image1jesrc-50

Staunch Defenders means your overwatch attacks will always hit on a 5+, effectively doubling its effectiveness! Nearly all Adeptus Mechanicus units possess some form of shooting attack, and this trait means they’ll be able to take full advantage of it even when charged.

Best Units

40k-AdmechFocus-Agripinaa-Subheader1wmg.

Kataphron Destroyers are superb in a Agripinaa army; you’ll be dealing damage in overwatch with both your Cognis flamer and your primary weaponry.

40k-AdmechFocus-Agripinaa-Image5ryv-500x

Where Agripinaa Kataphron Destroyers really come into their own is in conjunction with Fresh Converts:

40k-AdmechFocus-Agripinaa-Image3oza-500x

Does it look like your Destroyers are in trouble? Simply replace them with some new ones, positioned for a last-minute grab for the objective, or in a more optimal firing position.

40k-AdmechFocus-Agripinaa-Subheader2hrv.

The Onager Dunecrawler with an Icarus Array is also a great option for an Agripinaa army. The Icarus Array has a number of high-damage shooting attacks that can all be fired simultaneously, which should significantly discourage any assault units looking to cripple your anti-air capabilities.

40k-AdmechFocus-Agripinaa-Image4pdb-500x

If you’re want to make life difficult for melee armies (or just fancy drowning your enemies in servitors) then dedicate your Adeptus Mechanicus army to Agripinaa. Come back tomorrow, when we’ll be looking at Stygies V, a forge world so secretive and sinister they make the rest of the Adeptus Mechanicus look open and welcoming.

Anyone else hoping servitors (gun & combat) aren't totally worthless?

BOY DO I HAVE A DEAL FOR YOU?

Agripinaa is up.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/09/15/forge-world-focus-agripinaa-sep15gw-homepage-post-4/

Specifically:

40k-AdmechFocus-Agripinaa-Image3oza.jpg

Oh and the Dogma of the Dark Angels...

40k-AdmechFocus-Agripinaa-Image1jesrc.jp

No Relic or Warlord Trait today....

They also made a mistake in describing fresh converts as deep strike anywhere when it's restricted to deployment zone.

Also, they misreferenced stygies vii as stygies v

My problem with that strategem is the cap on PL. Servitors are only 4 models big, destroyers and breachers can only be six big before you can't use the strategem at all. That means, at most, you're getting 5 models back (and reserving them) for a whopping 3 CPs. Hard to plan for that and easy to save some points only for them to be wasted because the unit was finished off.

Dont know... very little information. Since Servitors are not the best units around I am not sure about spending 3 CPs to rescue and recover a unit...

Unit of Destroyers ends up in combat, remove and place further up your deployment zone and obliterate the unit that caused you hassle, or defend any threatened home objectives.

20 man unit of fulgurite priests .....land, and pray to the omnishiiah you get that charge off - then lay enough mortal wounds in to take down gulliman and get that sweet 3++ inv :biggrin.:

Never rmind deepstriking CC kastelans too :biggrin.:

The thought of 4 big robots and 40 priests all just appearing bang in front/behing enemy lines is fantastic :biggrin.:

That's a cool idea, but I said this before... you'll have to be prepared for those codexes that will be strong with inteceptor qualities. At 12" against Space Marines for example you will get hit first with "Auspex Scan". Depending on how expensive these units are, that could be a good or a bad thing.

When Tau dex comes out, I can almost guarantee massed Interceptor.

Now if Admech had indirect fire options to deep strike (ala Grey Knights "Astral Aim") then that would be quite the workaround.

Most armies that are 'afraid' of deep strike have ways to mitigate it. The Priests (imho) are too short ranged. I'd go for something that has the angle on hidden units, but the range to stay out of interceptor (if it's there) and still have the staying power to not disappear in a turn/grab an objective.

Lucius is still looking cool. I'm just not sure what I'd do with it. That same Priest idea with Metalica... you'd start in your zone, Advance, and re-roll if necessary on the advance roll, and still fire normal. That's not a horrible option and lets you take the big squad and still have a fast moving, high volume threat.

Just for an example, if I'm playing against Astra... the foot print of over 8-10 dudes gets too big. I can't put them anywhere useful. CC Kastelans are more likely something I'd try.

Oh aye totally agree..ive yet to play against anything with interceptor..but it guess if they did have that, you at least have the flexibility over what/how many units you are teleporting in (and still not lose out on the -1 to ap thing). Gonna be some serious playtesting of all these various options methinks!

Agrapina  one is kind of cool but obvs only really useful against assaulty lists...

With the strategem, im not sure.... I guess a squad of 6 destroyers would be a pretty handy thing to be able to replace late game. 

Suppose it may make plasma destroyers more useful if you have to be less afraid of them killing themselves with overheats...but removing 3 wound models for overheats still aint good.

When it says 'pick a unit' - i take it that unit has to be actually on the table (ie you cant pick a unit thats been totally wiped already - its still your unit?) :biggrin.:

Will be interesting for the opponent...as they won't mind killing say 3 out of 6 (as bringing back only half a squad for 3CP isnt ideal)...but they also won't want to leave you with just 1 left if you can then replace 5. 

Again this one could become much more viable if theyve made slight improvements to breachers/destroyers too.

Edited by DanPesci

Seeing as I have 6 breachers (I was busy building Holy Requisitioner and they canned it before they were fully painted!) I might give this a go.

I think if you have a unit of 6 and 3cp in hand, it's a big deterrent for the opponent to attack them.

The big question is... Can you take an army with mixed forge worlds? And if so, will they all benefit from double canticles if your warlord is Cawl?

If so, a Mars spearhead with Cawl, bots and onager plus an Agripinaa batallion with Skitarii and kataphron sounds enticing.