[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Entirely understandable, brother! The Ordo Chronos Kill-Team dispatched to your dwelling have had their kill-authorisations revoked!

Super awesome to see you back, Reyner. I think we have managed to gather almost all our players back together! Onward to slay the beast!

Thanks Nine. Been watching some (D&D-based) videos on encounter design in the hopes of making something challenging that you guys can't just one-shot in a single round...

Hmm...somewhere a small voice is saying "challenge accepted"

Does it have stats?  We can kill it if it has stats...

MR.

So based on the end of the last combat, the Kill-Team's status is:

AKKAD | SOLO | AG45 (4+X=X) | WOUNDS 22/22 | FATE 3/4

ATRATUS | SOLO | AG70 (7+X=X) | WOUNDS 23/23 | FATE 3/3

GHENT | SOLO | AG60 (6+X=X) | WOUNDS 21/21 | FATE 2/2

GREYSIGHT | SOLO | AG43 (4+X=X) | WOUNDS 22/22 | FATE 5/5

MONTESA | SOLO | AG49 (4+X=X) | WOUNDS 23/23 | FATE 2(+1)/2

SABAAN | SOLO | AG43 (4+X =X) | WOUNDS 22/22 | FATE 3/3

SOLASTION | SOLO | AG33 (6+X=X) | WOUNDS 19/23 | FATE 4/4

TERALIL | SOLO | AG40 (4+X=X) | WOUNDS 21/21 | FATE 4/4

TYBER | SOLO | AG48 (8+X=X) | WOUNDS 20(+1)/20 | FATE 5/5

VARVOST | SOLO | AG59 (5+X=X) | WOUNDS 9/24 | FATE 0/3

VORR | SOLO | AG50 (5+X=X) | WOUNDS 21/21 | FATE 4/4

YENG | SOLO | AG40 (4+X=X) | WOUNDS 22/22 | FATE 3/3

NOTES:

Varvost is missing an eye (-10BS, 41 to 31) with a -20 to tests involving sight

++++

The intention is to have a boss fight that sorely challenges the Deathwatch - you'll need to consider whether you want to spend a Fate Point to guarantee a high initiative score!

I'll hang on to that fate point, for now, chances are really high that Tyber will be near the top of the list for actions as it is thanks to having +8 to it.

Besides I already know what's going to happen, once we spot a master level foe, Tyber is going to be hard-charging at it.

That being said, perhaps we can bring down those pillars? We do have ordinance in the form of the rocket launcher and krak grenades...

The gang appears to be operating again. :)

Perhaps we should rig the outside pillars with krak grenades and a frag, then occupy the central pillar.  This would put us all back to back with something sturdy, put us in a combat formation wheel and then we blow the pillars as the enemy gets near them, like claymores.

Just a thought.

Mol, no fate point for my Init. :)

MR.

My assumption, currently (unless I am contradicted) is:

LEFT DEMI-SQUAD

Yeng

Teralil

Vorr

Atratus

Tyber

CENTRAL PILLAR

Montesa

Ghent

RIGHT DEMI-SQUAD

Solastion

Varvost

Akkad

Greysight

Sabaan

If you let me know, I can begin creating maps and laying out the combat encounter.

In the midst of writing a longer post but I will post a more truncated version to allow for OOC strategising (which I am a BIG fan of.)

Are there any spots of high ground in this chamber? If so Vorr will climb up to provide the left demi squad Overwatch with his missile launcher. Then he can move towards the central pillar once all the charges are set? Who is commanding the left squad and has a better idea for Vorr? 

High ground is something I've not been able to replicate on my maps - which are quite basic. If we were an RPG group in real life, I'm sure we could do a lot more intricacy. At the moment, I've had to do something relatively simple. Though the floor of the chamber may undulate - so in theory there may be some semblance of cover - it is effectively relatively flat.

The pillars do allow for some cover, at least, so there is that going for you!

GM: Per Nineswords' post in the OOC and the implications of A.T.'s in-character post, I will assume you are placing the maximum 4 krak grenades in each pillar unless you contradict me. There's no kill like overkill!

False, there is no such thing as over kill, only sufficient force. :happy.:

Hi everyone, I will be taking the squad distributions above unless anyone has any final objections. I will be posting tomorrow after work (so a little under twenty-four hours from the time of this post), so if anyone wants to put in a post or a placeholder, please feel free!