[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Atratus doesn't appear to have made much progress - if that's as far as he can get while hiding he'd run first and worry about concealing himself when he gets there, or there will be three more waves of nids appearing before he makes it to another pillar :p

(full move 32, run 96 - and will burst of speed if that is the only way to make it in a round)

Guess it’s mostly close combat for Sabaan right now - so he could / would certainly use an action to remote detonate a pillar if that is an option. Mission comes first and all that...

BTW Wouldn’t a Parry be a better option than A Dodge ( higher WS ) - I think I always described Nycax going into combat with a blade on his right for this reason? Not sure rules wise, though.

maybe we plan for grouping the guys in the lower right towards pillar 8 going forward ... for squad modes and support? 

I certainly think the Kill-Team should try to regroup - Strongpoint would be a good Squad Mode to use here. I know that Greysight has a good Attack Pattern that allows squad members to get a free Half Action as long as one action has the Movement sub-type - that could be useful!

With regards to Sabaan - he is one of the Marines currently affected by Paroxysm, which reduces his WS to 10. I figured that Dodging was better for him in that regard.

Vorr is affected by the Paroxism aswell isn't he? So he will mainly be dodging in melee? I have totally forgotten how melee works :D if so continue dodging and trigger a pillar to blow, if he can use his BS to fire a bolt pistol in melee then go for it. 

Vorr does have the Stalwart Defense ability - so he can spend a fate point to miss his turn and then parry all attacks (he's about to face four) and reduce any damage taken. That's as opposed to dodging one attack and then sustaining three.

As Vorr doesn't have a chainsword, his combat blade is 1D10, Pen 2 (plus strength bonus) which means you'd have to be rolling an 8 or more to do any damage. You can mitigate this by using the Feat of Strength ability to get Unnatural Strength 3 instead of 2, but that'll only last for two rounds.

No worries - I'm trying to burn through these rounds as much as possible!

Updated through to Atratus's actions.

A.T. - I imagine that mining a pillar would be a full action, but I didn't want to assume you'd do that straight away in case you wanted to snipe anyone from behind.

A.T. - I don't think a roll is necessary as it's relatively straightforward. I don't see it as being something Atratus could mess up.

Noctus - it's at 32/48 (and then 10 critical damage). Warriors are tough! With that said, Solastion should be able to kill it before Montesa's turn, giving you some choices with how to act.

Ah, sorry. The pillars mined before the combat started each had four kraks in. By my estimation Atratus has two kraks and three frags. So you can choose how much to use (spreading them between two pillars?)

It is also possible for you to attack a pillar in close combat. You can't miss, so you could try to use your chainsword to sever one (though by that stage it might be difficult to maintain stealth)

I understand where I was confused now. I assumed the wound tracker on the Warriors was ticking down the same way Mol was tracking the damage we've sustained. I thought it only had 12 wounds left, hence my confusion as to why Force hadn't killed it. My apologies for the mistake.

Sorry I haven't made that clear - the aliens are indeed tracking up - something I picked up on a D&D video regarding leaving players with doubt regarding how many wounds were needed to kill things.

If it is clearer for people I'm happy to revert to doing it the same as the Player Characters!

Edited by Commissar Molotov

Starting to look quite ugly on the eastern front.

Looks like Varvost should finish off his opponent and be free to head in support of Akkad and Sabaan - if those two wounded warriors can be finished off it'll be four on three. Atratus could leap clear to pillar three to support that flank but it leaves pillar 1 untouched.

Perhaps Ghent or one of the other central marines can draw the attention of the north-east warriors with bolter fire, hopefully freeing up the heavy bolter ?

Vorr does have the Stalwart Defense ability - so he can spend a fate point to miss his turn and then parry all attacks (he's about to face four) and reduce any damage taken. That's as opposed to dodging one attack and then sustaining three.

As Vorr doesn't have a chainsword, his combat blade is 1D10, Pen 2 (plus strength bonus) which means you'd have to be rolling an 8 or more to do any damage. You can mitigate this by using the Feat of Strength ability to get Unnatural Strength 3 instead of 2, but that'll only last for two rounds.

I'll use Stalwart Defence that sounds pretty handy and hopefully if more pillars go boom he might not be suffering from the Paroxism. 

Okay, I will edit Vorr's last actions (I didn't give you a lot of time to respond) and re-work.

EDIT: Corrected Vorr's actions. The Stalwart Defence will help him as the Tyranids cannot outnumber him, and all damage is reduced by 2.

Edited by Commissar Molotov