[DW] Blackthorn and Swordhand: OOC Thread

Commissar Molotov

Work has just been killing me recently dudes, havent had much time to actually do anything outside of any pre-planned weekly obligations, sleep and work.

Work and sleep? Then what is this update from Mechanicumbook this morning???

med_gallery_29538_15031_46993.jpg

Seriously dude, try and take it easy. Goes for all of you who're burning the candle at both ends. Look after yourselves.

MR.

Edited by Mazer Rackham
Inspiring Image

Steel: Having just re-read Toe to Toe, it seems that the rules regarding charging are for any enemy within charge range. Having said that, that's only in Squad Mode. I suppose the fluff justification is it's because you are trying to defend your brethren from being wiped out? Either way, you don't have to immediately charge the Hive Tyrant; you could side-step the rule by charging any enemy.

A.T.: In every battle so far we have defaulted to starting in Solo Mode. I have spent the morning reading and based on the text on P.214 of Core you'd have to start at Solo. The other thing is that at Rank 3, the support range is 30m (so three squares) which may have a factor on certain members of the Kill-Team.

So looking at the map Vorr doesn't have line of sight on the Overlord yet but he can see one of the Warriors so that's gonna get a Krak missile in the mouth! Next turn when stuff has moved he will be firing the concussion missiles he brought.

Placeholder up. Will adjust action/target as other players act so that we aren't spraying bullets randomly around different warriors.

One thought is to get the warriors engaged near the rigged pillars then drop back and blow them (depending on what kind of detonator system we have in place)

Edited by A.T.

Placeholder up. Will adjust action/target as other players act so that we aren't spraying bullets randomly around different warriors.

One thought is to get the warriors engaged near the rigged pillars then drop back and blow them (depending on what kind of detonator system we have in place)

Pull pin and run?

Just as a note, the Krak grenades are implosive rather than explosive, so they can destroy the pillars but not the Tyranids. (That said, krak grenades are obviously useful against Warriors.)

In terms of detonating them, I mentioned that a detonation rune was on your vambrace. I think a half action to detonate a single pillar seems appropriate to me. I think the bottom five pillars have been mined (so 4,6,7,8,9)

Edited by Commissar Molotov

(That said, krak grenades are obviously useful against Warriors.)

Indeed. I think chainswords without righteous fury average something like 3-4 wounds per hit against warriors, and boltguns a little less. Good time to break out the heavier weapons and feat of strength solo mode (or failing that hope that Atratus has a high enough sneak to run around planting explosives while the nids are distracted)