Just saying: The Primaris-based Kill-team you're making for Inq28? It's inspired me.

It's a good thing I'm making the Primaris Lieutenant for the Dark Angels as a Veteran Sergeant for my Hellblasters. Because now I've an extra Hellblaster to turn into a Kill-team member :lol:

Also something that I've noticed: You mention the Celestial Lions having issues with the Inquisition. Yes, they do. The Ordo Malleus, not the Ordo Xenos :lol:

Edited by Gederas

Lovely stuff – it's been fun watching these build up! The Crimson Fist is a particularly lovely figure – cool concept, great execution, and a nice twist to make him your own. The Iron Hand is similarly distinctive; the slight asymmetry of the arm and torso helps sell the idea of bionics rather than just decorated armour, which is how bionics can sometimes appear. The Celestial Lion is coming on nicely. I'm not a huge fan of the skinny jeans look of the Reivers, but that's a personal thing. The choice of parts is great – I love the belt ring and the use of the Salamanders head (right?) in particular.

The different skintones across the group ties in nicely with the idea of all the individuals being drawn from different worlds. Looking forward to seeing some of the lesser-known Chapters you choose to do, too – I agree with you when you say it's a great opportunity to showcase some lesser-known Chapters, and that it's more likely you'll get them than First Founding ones. Castigators are a great choice!

Thanks a lot for the feedback, guys! I am really having a blast with the killteam right now, and to get such enthusiastic feedback really gives me that little extra push -- I really appreciate it! :)

@ Gederas: Haha, yeah, I saw the first Deathwatch model over on your thread earlier today -- really happy to have inspired you! :)

@ Apologist: Thanks a lot! Your know your feedback is always very much appreciated! As for the head, it probably was intended as a Salamander, wasn't it? In any case, it strikes me as one of the very few heads with non-caucasian features, along with only one or two more across GW's entire Space Marine catalogue -- ironic, really, considering the fact that modern Salamanders are no longer "normal" black, but have rather become almost demonically so. One of the worst fluff tweaks ever, in my opinion...

Anyway, he's still missing his base and some finishing touches, but I just have to share him with you: Meet Watch-Brother Rudisha Aren of the Celestial Lions:

watch-brother-rudisha-aren-pip-1.jpg

watch-brother-rudisha-aren-pip-2.jpg

watch-brother-rudisha-aren-pip-3.jpg

watch-brother-rudisha-aren-pip-4.jpg

watch-brother-rudisha-aren-pip-5.jpg

Here's a closer look at the left shoulder pad, now finally in its intended place:

watch-brother-rudisha-aren-pip-6.jpg

And, finally, a look at how Brother Aren works next to the rest of the killteam:

killteam-ulrach-2.jpg

As always, let me know what you think! :)

Hell yeah Celestial Lions! Love seeing these guys turn up, they're one of my favorites. Great work as always!

I eagerly await ADB's book, or did I just reset the clock on when that's going to be published.....

Ooooh, nice! I love recon guy, and the four of them together. Watch out with the tanned skin though: once you go black, you never go back (or at least that's what I've heard). ;)

Anyway, a heavy bolter-toting Lamenter will be a treat! I'm looking forward to see you pull off the checkered pattern and the lovely heart in their chapter symbol. Are you going to make him particularly heavy-set? Incorporating MkIII armour plates and such? :D

I just read up on the Celestial Lions' hisotry and it strikes me as.... peculiar... to see one of their ranks joining the inquisition. I'd loe to hear your reasons for including him - which should be interesting to read! 

I just read up on the Celestial Lions' hisotry and it strikes me as.... peculiar... to see one of their ranks joining the inquisition. I'd loe to hear your reasons for including him - which should be interesting to read!

Well, it seems most of their issues is with the Emperor's Pet Psychopaths of the Malleus and Hereticus, not the Ordo Xenos, who actually do their frigging job of defending Mankind's citizens, and only really liquidate when it involves Genestealer Cults :lol:

So I could see a Celestial Lion working with the Ordo Xenos. In fact there's canonical precedent

Thanks a lot for the kind words, everyone! I really appreciate it! :)

Regarding the planned Lamenter, I will definitely be going for a heavset, Mk. III-ish look. Not straight up Mk. III, both because I am still likely going to use a Primaris Marine as a base, and because armour that looks to archaic would clash somewhat with the Deathwatch's relatively sleek Black Ops look, but I'll come up with something.

As for the Celestial Lion's background, I am actually in the clear, because the chapter's trouble with the Inquisition only starts in 948 M41, whereas my INQ28 narratives are set some 200 years before that, so everyone's still BFFs in my headcanon ;) That being said, I did decide to include a shout out to the chapter's eventual fate, as per Aramis K's excellent suggestion.

Speaking of which, after a final round of tweaks and cleanup, here's the team:

=][=

Rudisha Aren

Brother of the Deathwatch
originally of the Celestial Lions

brother-rudisha-aren-of-the-celestial-li

So regarding the base, if you look closely, you can make out the barrel of a - suspiciously Imperial - sniper rifle, but there's also part of an Ork jaw -- Ork snipers, anyone? ;)

I have also taken the opportunity to add some final tweaks to brother Ulrach and give him the proper photo treatment, playing cards, keys and all ;)

=][=

Vorlick Ulrach

Brother of the Deathwatch
originally of the Iron Hands

brother-vorlik-ulrach-of-the-iron-hands-

And here's Killteam Ulrach again, now completely based and ready for some Xenos slaying:

killteam-ulrach-4.jpg

Any future additions to the killteam will have to wait for a while, however, as I have basically used up all of my Deathwatch bitz and, just as important, all the regular Primaris Marines I had. So I'll need some new supplies to make additional members.

But still, I am really happy with the way the killteam looks:

killteam-ulrach-6.jpg

Regarding the planned Lamenter, I will definitely be going for a heavset, Mk. III-ish look. Not straight up Mk. III, both because I am still likely going to use a Primaris Marine as a base, and because armour that looks to archaic would clash somewhat with the Deathwatch's relatively sleek Black Ops look, but I'll come up with something.

Oh, the Lamenter is going to look cool if you're going to do that.

I love them. They're so good :tu:

Random question though, where's Aren's head from? I recognize it, but can't think of what kit its from.

Thanks a lot, guys! :)

@ Gederas: The head comes with the Deathwatch killteam kit, I believe -- I bought it from a bitz seller on ebay, though.

@ Auggs: That would, of course, be brilliant, buddy! Do you have a Primaris with a slightly wider stance (like the one on my Ultramarine)? I think that would work best for the heavy weapon wielding Lamenter -- as it happens, I am thinking about picking up the Rodicus Grytt model from Deathwatch:Overkill for the weapon, arms and backpack, so combined with the right Primaris body, I think that could make for a pretty cool Lamenter.

Ohhh, that guy would be absolutely perfect! I think he's actually identical to my Ultramarine, but that won't be a problem once I am finished with him.

Just picked up the Rodricus Grytt model on ebay earlier, and now I am already looking forward to building the model! Cheers in advance, buddy! :smile.:

Edited by KrautScientist

Dang I wish I hadn't traded away my primaris stuff already, would have been better off in your hands. Still can't wait to see how the next never goes.

Also I got my bonus at work so I should be able to send you that other stuff we talked about this week.