KDC’s Nurgle Affliction - Renegade Militia conversions

@ Rednekkboss

Loot away, I seem to have subconciously looted your idea for using an old head for a Plague Marine champion, I didn't seem to realise for about 3 weeks.

@ Brother Kortmer

Thank you Brother. I'm glad you like them, they are a lot of fun.

aa89bbff-2beb-4708-9100-08202fc2cac8.jpe

I was happily making these and ran out of glue I was enjoying it so much.

d2addf1d-93f7-4836-bbeb-60e1b7733e97.jpe

So I decided to get some painting done and finish my second ETL vow. I will be trying to squeeze these mutants into the ETL for sure.

ba3db194-baa2-48bd-8b0d-0455e773c5ac.jpe

b9a69b17-5e47-4c24-a8d0-0356290ee0ca.jpe

e36687af-fb4b-4104-b0eb-b5456950022b.jpe

@ Rednekkboss

Thank you very much. I'm really finding them fun, I think they are going to spill over into more than just a squad of 10 at this rate.

@ Bjorn Firewalker

Cheers buddy.

@ Noigrim

I had to google your reply! I don't play Fall Out but I really like games designers and find characters and monsters in games can be great inspiration. I think post apocalyptic scavengers isn't exactly a million miles away from what I'm going for with these mutants. I've accidently made characters that look like they belong in Fall Out once more, but now I've googled it I think I will be making more Fall Out looking guys. Thanks!

I've made a couple more mutants.

8a5b4845-29d0-454e-a15c-b351c929ab73.jpe

1ee0de69-5ba3-46fc-a549-99a95d89c055.jpe

I've still got to finish the Flamer guy and do a quite full on conversion for the leader. I'm still getting more ideas for more mutant guys so will most likely end up doing a second full squad.

As I'm in the ETL and doing a tale of four warlords on Paintinginthedark I'm feeling the time pressure a little bit. So I'm going to quickly bang out a Myphitic Blight-Hauler as time to points ratio is much better on that than these fiddly little guys.

I've managed to get the blight hauler from sprue to undercoat in 1 hour so pleased with that and will be looking to return to the mutants in time to squeeze them into the ETL too. Rush rush rush!

It’s mainly genestealer cult neophytes. That kit is fantastic. You get a lot of spares, even spare bodies! I’ve also used poxwalker heads (with horns removed), Blight king (AoS) heads and Chaos cultist parts. Neophytes and poxwalker kits would get you a long way.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been plugging away at these guys and painting them up for the ETL.

The Blight Hauler:

img_2862.jpg

img_2858.jpg

And the mutants/cultists/renegades:

img_2994-1.jpg

img_2998-1.jpg

img_3001.jpg

img_3002-1.jpg

The next thing is to convert a Malignant Plaguecaster or Necrosius type model. I think it might be too late for the ETL but it's still next on the agenda.

@ Bjorn Firewalker

Cheers it's always appreciated

@ noigrim

Ah yes, I saw these guys when I was looking it up. It does have a strong similarity to my fish bowl guy. I already had the fish bowl idea and when I made him he was just screaming out for it. I also came across an image of a guy in a gas mask with an axe which i thought was pretty cool so used that as inspiration. So thanks for the Fallout tip it's worked out great.

@ ElDuderino

Cheers buddy, I keep finding Fallout in my conversions either by accident or by design. I still haven't played it!

@ Duskraider

Cheers buddy. I'm glad they came together. It's just enough same and different to tie them together and allow for individuality, I hope. The Neophytes kit is so useful and as soon as you start pulling the poxwalkers apart you see how many great bits they contain.

@ hushrong

Cheers mate, I tried to get that green just right. It's still new to me but I'm hoping I can keep these colours going on different models.

@ Dr_Ruminahui

Cheers mate, thats the aim with the conversions so I'm super pleased to hear it.

So I've survived my first ever ETL without having to wear the badge of shame. I was quite cautious but happy with what I managed to get done. Although I was secretly trying to just get one more model in there but there is no chance.

I've started to make my Necrosius/Malignant Palguecaster. Bit unsure of whether he would work but once I started it was one of those models that you just go at 100 miles an hour and dont want to stop. So he's really rough right now and needs patching up, bit more detail and tweaking. But here's what he looks like right now...

img_3027-1.jpg

Let me know what you think.

@ Bjorn Firewalker

Thanks Bjorn. Glad you picked up on the sacrificail part, means I'm on the right lines.

@ Dusk Raider

Thanks bud. The swollen leg (you've got good eyes) is from the Blight Kings kit, the hooved foot is standing on a rock. Now that I'm typing this I'm envisioning a big elephantine foot which would be pretty cool too. Maybe I could GS over the rock and turn it into a foot. I'll have a think. The head I thought might divide opinion. It could def be a hard hat if painted yellow. It's a head from the Pusgoyle Blight Lords, a strap band around and single band from forehead to back of head with bare head inbetween. Could tie in with the strapped up leg or I could have a think about doing something to it. Glad you like the corpse, I may attempt to 40k it up a bit and make it look like one of the mutants.

@ Azekai

Thanks very much. It's based on Necrosius artwork (see below) from Siege of Vraks, but it changed as I added the corpse and a few other bits.

@ Brettfp

Thanks bud. Could it be the aliens from 'They Live'? It reminds me of them.

84044b9ec431080acb068767dbf40556.jpg

No updates for now, sorry. I'm off on holiday but will have plenty of time to have a think about what I want to do to finish off the Plaguecaster/Necrosius.

• 1 month later...

@ Sagentus

Thanks buddy. I was trying to get a unique and characterful model. I've still got some plans to have those flies feature elsewhere in the army so i'll see if I can pull it off.

I've signed up to call of chaos quite enthusiastically to say the least by my painting and modelling out put. Didn't even realise I'd pledged to do 9 units until I saw the summary. Well I've made a start anyway with this guy.

img_20191006_211502.jpg

Next up is a few more characters.