Codex Next Week

lonewolf81

the official 40k FB page said today in a post about our codex that:

"They're just making a dramatic late entrance.

But what an entrance it shall be."

In other related rumors my FLGS said their GW rep told them SW codex is supposed to come out "soon" after KT is released. So those August rumors may be true after all.

They hyped the BA/DA release too, but see what they got. I would say at this point to keep our hopes low. If we had a big release I feel like we would have had some hints or storyline by now.

In other related rumors my FLGS said their GW rep told them SW codex is supposed to come out "soon" after KT is released. So those August rumors may be true after all.

Just sounds like spin to me. It is the job of that page to create hype.

I just want a codex that can compete. No astartes codex is doing well right now. Unless you count Codex: BA Captains and Scouts battalion.

img_5150.jpg

Positive as always I see ;)

Come join the snowflake brigade!

To be fair, based on the number of times their official FB team has hyped up the SW codex I don't think it is just marketing speak. There's been too many nods that this is going to be something big. I hope this is the case but am fully expecting just a regular codex, cards and a dice set.

All the Astartes armies, loyal and traitor, are swirling the drain right now in the game's meta. They are without question the weakest armies in the game. I'm hoping our codex as the last Astartes codex will go some way to correcting this issue. If you listen to battle report sites like tabletop tactics or others that have access to GW that regular players don't have they all say GW is aware of how badly Astartes are doing and they want to change it.

Our codex could be the first steps in doing that.

To be fair, based on the number of times their official FB team has hyped up the SW codex I don't think it is just marketing speak. There's been too many nods that this is going to be something big. I hope this is the case but am fully expecting just a regular codex, cards and a dice set.

All the Astartes armies, loyal and traitor, are swirling the drain right now in the game's meta. They are without question the weakest armies in the game. I'm hoping our codex as the last Astartes codex will go some way to correcting this issue. If you listen to battle report sites like tabletop tactics or others that have access to GW that regular players don't have they all say GW is aware of how badly Astartes are doing and they want to change it.

Change that by revising the Astartes statline and gear aka, Primaris. I expect a new Primaris unit and nothing else which is my greatest expectation. Pretty dissapointed in myself.

Change that by revising the Astartes statline and gear aka, Primaris. I expect a new Primaris unit and nothing else which is my greatest expectation. Pretty dissapointed in myself.

I would give regular Astartes two attacks, two wounds, chainswords for free and a 5++ for loyal and chaos. Give termies an extra attack, wound and a 3++ save as well. This would actually give you a chance to withstand the buckets of dice that gunline and horde armies can throw at you. Considering that's pretty much the meta and has been for all of 8th it would be a welcome change.

Positive as always I see ;)

:D

A fitting Brigade to join in this weather. We won't last 5 minutes. :teehee:

It was 37C here today with humidity at I think 70%. It was hotter than Thailand. A human should not live here...

Positive as always I see :wink:

:biggrin.:

A fitting Brigade to join in this weather. We won't last 5 minutes. :teehee:

It was 37C here today with humidity at I think 70%. It was hotter than Thailand. A human should not live here...

The grass is not greener on the other side... It's burnt. 

Looks like we still have another week of Kill Team releases to get through. Can we assume it will be next Monday (at the earliest) before we start getting hints as to what the 40K release will be?

I would give regular Astartes two attacks, two wounds, chainswords for free and a 5++ for loyal and chaos. Give termies an extra attack, wound and a 3++ save as well. This would actually give you a chance to withstand the buckets of dice that gunline and horde armies can throw at you. Considering that's pretty much the meta and has been for all of 8th it would be a welcome change.

Here here! Bring back True Grit :D

Who had 'August' in the betting pool?

I didn't, I think were september at the earliest.

the launch window in august is too small, especially because august has adeptus titanicus.

I see wolves getting announced on August 18-19th. ( warhammer fest europe)

along with Orks getting teased/shown off

then we have a warhammer article on us on august 25th, preorder for whatever we are getting on august 31

Given the option, I'd just figure out the fluff to declare the implants and processes that make Primaris are figured out to upgrade regular Astartes as well.

The problem would be the points cost; 18 seems high, but 16 might be too low. As it is, basically speaking, each player would have 16 or 18 points Astartes/Primaris statlines for all their base SM models. While not exactly inspired to some, I think the option for the player to just choose which models they want to use for their army might help long term.

Anyway, just a thought; I hope it's a decent one.

Who had 'August' in the betting pool?

I didn't, I think were september at the earliest.

the launch window in august is too small, especially because august has adeptus titanicus.

I see wolves getting announced on August 18-19th. ( warhammer fest europe)

along with Orks getting teased/shown off

then we have a warhammer article on us on august 25th, preorder for whatever we are getting on august 31

Not to mention the new AOS faction still hasn't had everything released yet. Already saw people yelling about it on how they released kill team instead of the rest of the Nighthaunt stuff.

Just pretend there is no codex and be pleasantly surprised when it comes

The major deadline for Space Wolves IMO has already passed us by

The BAO is next weekend and other major tournaments are rolling on by

The major deadline for Space Wolves IMO has already passed us by

The BAO is next weekend and other major tournaments are rolling on by

I think this is why I have such an overall disappointment with this edition. Much like D&D 4e, I saw a lot of potential in this edition, but the overall lack of balance between the factions on such on *obvious* scale, and the lack of immediate correction by GW, hass made me mostly numb to it. Even should our codex be *SO* good, it really can't make up for the months I've lost being able to truly enjoy the hobby. SW got a nice boost near the end of 7e, and we got all of a few months to enjoy it before it became obsolete. I almost expect 9e to come out just after CA2018...

I'm blessed with a Warhammer store in my city, I tried to fish something out of him, I'm really good at reading people's twitches, but he gave me nothing every time I brought up Space Wolves. It could be they tell their official store staff nothing to avoid leaks.

My FLGS GW rep has always been pretty honest with them. As I said before they were told by him to expect the SW codex "soon" after KT releases. He wouldn't give a date but he knows when it is.

Archived