Codex Next Week

lonewolf81

To be fair, based on the number of times their official FB team has hyped up the SW codex I don't think it is just marketing speak. There's been too many nods that this is going to be something big. I hope this is the case but am fully expecting just a regular codex, cards and a dice set.

All the Astartes armies, loyal and traitor, are swirling the drain right now in the game's meta. They are without question the weakest armies in the game. I'm hoping our codex as the last Astartes codex will go some way to correcting this issue. If you listen to battle report sites like tabletop tactics or others that have access to GW that regular players don't have they all say GW is aware of how badly Astartes are doing and they want to change it.

Our codex could be the first steps in doing that.

Change that by revising the Astartes statline and gear aka, Primaris. I expect a new Primaris unit and nothing else which is my greatest expectation. Pretty dissapointed in myself.

This is my mindset as well. Expect the bare minimum and be surprised if we get anything more. I think we will get a Primaris lieutenant too. Didn't those other guys get that too?

I don't know if I will pick any primaris up. I think it will just annoy me if I have some primaris mixed with regular dudes. If I was going to get primaris models I would have to start an entirely new army. And I don't know if that army would be Chapter: Space Wolves or some other chapter. 

The two biggest things I want are:

1) fluff updates, what the heck have we been up to?

2) Has GW figured out a way to make a marine army competitve?

2.1) How many fenrisian wolves do I need to buy for my horde?

Just pretend there is no codex and be pleasantly surprised when it comes

The major deadline for Space Wolves IMO has already passed us by

The BAO is next weekend and other major tournaments are rolling on by

UK school summer holidays are August? Here in NZ is winter but summer holidays sounds like a good time to release this...

Given the super cheap long fangs (here), no more forgeworld dread (glad I snatched one) and things selling out online (here - murderpack, shield brothers and some others) that seem like army staples (and have been unavailable online for weeks, or longer) can we imagine that these are being lined up for replacements? And if so, then those replacements must be coming soon. Sure GW is making money hand over fist ATM but you can't sell out of things and not have replacements? Can you?

Who had 'August' in the betting pool?

I didn't, I think were september at the earliest.

the launch window in august is too small, especially because august has adeptus titanicus.

I see wolves getting announced on August 18-19th. ( warhammer fest europe)

along with Orks getting teased/shown off

then we have a warhammer article on us on august 25th, preorder for whatever we are getting on august 31

Not to mention the new AOS faction still hasn't had everything released yet. Already saw people yelling about it on how they released kill team instead of the rest of the Nighthaunt stuff.

that and Necromunda Cawdor faction is coming in august.

July 28th: kill team, 1-2 aos items

im going to guess

pre order dates

August 4: 2 more starter sets for killteam, House Cawdor (necromunda), 1-2 Aos items

August 11: 2 more starter sets for killteam, The rest of the AOS items for NIghthaunt

August 18th: Adeptus Titanicus, pick it up at warhammer fest FIRST!

August 25th, or september 1st: Space wolves pre order

White dwarf preview is  around the corner maybe we get something there :smile.:

That is probably the real clue if we will see them in August. If there's nothing there in WD then we're looking at Sept. at the earliest.

First they released all the minor factions ( harleys, deathwatch, knights etc) . . .  then they released a new sigmar edition ... then they released special games ( kill team ,  adeptus titanicus may be before wolves) ...Spare us GW :)

I'm starting to think it's a ruse, and they are gona lead us on till 'BAM!#%$'

Wolves get squated!

And they will make a funny video, laughing at all the salty wolves players. Then all the Wolves players will rage quit and cry and start the heresy for real. We will storm GW HQ and burn it to the ground.

I'm starting to think it's a ruse, and they are gona lead us on till 'BAM!#%$'

Wolves get squated!

And they will make a funny video, laughing at all the salty wolves players. Then all the Wolves players will rage quit and cry and start the heresy for real. We will storm GW HQ and burn it to the ground.

Twist.

Russ comes back looks at the imperium and robby G and is like.

THis is whack.

White dwarf preview is  around the corner maybe we get something there :smile.:

White Dwarf will normally only preview first part of the month - I think it will be Titanicus as cover star for August - but I am guessing here. Wolves I would say September cover as they should pre order 25th August along with LotR - Hobbit Battle of Pelannor Fields box games so if GW want to push the Hobbit it may pinch the cover for September, if Russ arrives with Codex nothing will stop him taking the front cover.

Now where's all that Russ business coming from?

'cause someone said at some time that 'you'll be pleased?'

Well, sure they said that, 'cause 'you'll no longer be in need of a Codex' doesn't quite have the same marketing attitude...

I don't see it happening.

There's gonna be a Primaris Upgrade frame.

There's gonna be a Codex with the problem SM Codices have these days.

And they'll expect us to be pleased that we've finally gotten it.

And we'll buy it. 'cause that's what we want to do. 'cause that's also what we would have done if we'd have been the first to get a new Codex.

Then, next year, BA, DA, DW and SW are gonna get an exclusive Primaris set.

But nothing more for us this September.

Except... OMG we're gonna get Primaris Russ :ermm: :wacko.:

Nothing for SW in the newest WD :( again...

And what about that wolf knight that should appear with imperial Knights codex? Maybe they will throw him into our ranks?

Nothing for SW in the newest WD :sad.: again...

And what about that wolf knight that should appear with imperial Knights codex? Maybe they will throw him into our ranks?

you see the new whitedwarf?

so we should pay attention to the teaser at the end of the upcoming white dwarf.

I didnt expect wolves to be in the august whitedwarf, as it only covers the first half/3 weeks of august.

I expect news at warhammer fest

they leaked the index page of the new white dwarf seems like adeptus titanicus is before wolves :sad.:

Still waiting for the next month section. There must be a wolf hint if Russ is coming.

I keep reading on the net that wolves are for pre order 25 August , where did this come from?

they leaked the index page of the new white dwarf seems like adeptus titanicus is before wolves :sad.:

Still waiting for the next month section. There must be a wolf hint if Russ is coming.

I keep reading on the net that wolves are for pre order 25 August , where did this come from?

PJ above said the 25th.

I guesstimated the 25 of sept 1.

If they are after this date then wolves are getting a large release, same with orks. cause the wait for these dex's is the longest wait period.

The next month section of August WD hints the middle earth box and also says "A war of vengeance" could it be wolf or even Russ related?

sounds like the wolves.

We attacking the world of sorcerors or are we raiding nurgles garden is the question

The next month section of August WD hints the middle earth box and also says "A war of vengeance" could it be wolf or even Russ related?

sounds like the wolves.

We attacking the world of sorcerors or are we raiding nurgles garden is the question

about the only thing that could make up for this delay would be the space wolves razing the planet of sorcerors in a war of vengeance

would be an interesting push forward for fluff too

War of vengeance?

Ghazgkull going for Armageddon again.. With Grimnar the commander of the Imperial forces....

Either that or Wolves going after the black legion following Cadia's death and the killing of 2 great companies.

13th company going to Prospero to destroy the portal maze and rescue the remainder of their brethren

Armageddon wars and SW vs TS has been done to death recently.

So I'd prefer something new like SW vs Black Legion

A bit like Russ or the legion finishing the job that Russ didn't accomplish in Wolfsbane (strike the head from the serpent, only this time it is Abaddon instead of Horus).

Archived