Codex Next Week

lonewolf81

Oh don't mistake me, I'd love to get Primaris stuff. I want all sorts of specific Space Wolves primaris. I just think we deserve better than a keychain pack and a single LT like Dark Angels and Blood Angels got .

I would like to think that we will be getting some rules that reflect the uniqueness of our chapter and the way we fight, I'm sure they will throw some primaris stuff our way but I would be disappointed if that is all there was models wise, I would love to see Russ come back to us (as we all would I know !) and even things up a bit Primarch wise with the bad guys. I think strategems are one of the things I am looking forward to the most as the games I have played against codex armies have felt really lopsided as they have been throwing strategems around like insults in a mjod hall and I have been stuck with the underwhelming ones from the book and chapter approved. A way of increasing our movement would be great as would some bonuses on getting into combat, to be honest its just good to have something to get excited about brothers ! :thumbsup:

Well... I think if Russ returns, then he will say somethings...

I think that insane delay is due to the return of Russ and a big plot.

First point we should think about is how is Russ inside of his mind...

Does he loves the Emperor in the same manner now? Is he still the executioner? Or if he is a Odin-like version, will he be more independent?

Will he take his sons (SW and maybe other Chapters) and assemble a legion and stablish his own agenda?

I think he is going to accept the Primaris reinforcements, he is a warrior and he will respect the true warriors.

In the other hand... Guilliman is now the Lord Commander, he ordered to Calgar and other UM sucessors to expand the Ultramar reign, and in fact they're a kind of legion now, maybe not name but in functional sense.

Guilliman gave to Dante full power in his side of the Cicatrix, so another reign.

Now with Russ returning... if he goes to visit the Emperor and talks with him... what will he hear from Him?

I really love new background. And remember I'm a Black Templar and our fluff has been destroyed and reassembled in a really weird way, but still interesting.

Wow, the entitlement is strong in this thread!

Name one Codex which has been released alongside new models, other than new armies which didn’t previously have a model line. If we’re getting a new Codex, it will be coming out less than a year after 8th dropped. GW have been doing an incredible job with dropping Codexes, rules, FAQs and errata. They’re quite clearly using this year to release a full set of working Codexes with as much consistency and balance as possible, tweaking where they need to due to unexpected issues which appear along the way.

New models will follow. GW have been very clear that they consider themselves a model-making company, so there’s zero doubt releases will be coming in the future, but we can pretty well guarantee it won’t be happening with the Codex release.

What we’re going to see is a development of fluff and story arc, the introduction of Stratagems, Warlord Traits, Relics and such, a rebalancing of units internally and probably a degree of power creep.

For wishlisting, I would love to see the elite Wolf Scouts get a boost, as they’re currently objectively worse than vanilla Scouts. I think Wulfen and Thunderwolf Cavalry need to be adjusted - Wulfen are currently pretty much an auto-include, while Thunderwolves feel underwhelming.

Honestly, I don’t think there’s a vast amount that needs done beyond adding the new goodness and tweaking a few units. I’m excited to see how we end up and hopeful that we’ll see a competitive Codex which validates all our unit options!

I'd love to see the old fashioned BloodClaws CloseCombat battles :/ (running to the enemy line and arriving of course) or drop pod them, and runs, and howls, and "pim pam pum", ceramite blood and bullets everywhere

I hope our codex allows us to do something for this to happen 

And I'd like to see 'entitlement' stop being used as a pejorative, especially in a thread dedicated to new dex excitement, wishlisting and constructive ranting. There's easily sufficient reasoning to suppose that Wolves will be getting something, given their position at the back of the queue, it's coming up on about the right time for people to expect another Primarch release, and we have still have no time frame for the dex other than 'it's coming', so 8th will almost certainly be over year old by the time the dex hits, suggesting more time going into these last few dexes than their predecessors. If they wanted to just to an 'index flip' like most of the Dexes have been, I for one would have expected the dex by now. Could I be wrong? Of course, but there's enough grounds for at least some expectation/excitement, and I say that as a dyed in the wool pessimist :wink:.

Name one Codex which has been released alongside new models

Imperial Knights?

RAGNAR BEST NOT BE A PRIMARIS, SON!! I may space-nerd flip a space-table and howl my very last howl before throwing my army into the garbage if that ends up the case...

not joking.

End of Line

Don't do that, that'd be a waste. I'm sure a frater here would give your unwanted minis a far more loving home than a landfill :tongue.:.

I'm definitely looking forward to a fleshing out of the primaris fluff, if only so I can decide what to do with them. I have a few thanks to a swap with a buddy and I haven't painted them up yet because I'm not sure what to do with them.

I do think something big is coming. Looking at our placement after knights (new models) and seemingly before genestealer cults (image of new models) and either before or after orks (in desperate need of new models and rumored forever to be getting a full release) I feel like there must be a reason they delayed it, otherwise why not just roll us out with the blood and dark angels to check another box.

As for what I would like to see released I anticipate we will get a lieutenant and a primaris upgrade sprue. I would like to see a non primaris plastic ragnar and rune priest or maybe an upgrade sprue with some character bits to make wolf priests and rune priests. I would also like to see the return of Russ, though it's not required to make me happy I just think it it fits with our position in the release schedule and I can't think of a bigger thing they would add than a primarch return.

And hey let's keep it light and wish listy huh. No need to say people are getting entitled or douse their hopes to a new codex it's literally what this thread is for and the wait has been killing us.

Another thing I'd love to see is Fenrisian Wolves getting some strategems similar to the other codices with chaff units in them. Like add d3 or d6" to charge or reroll 1's to hit/wound on the charge. What I'd love the most is a 'Scout' style deployment strategem for them, to mimic them stealth-fully hunting their prey. Teleportarium their asses onto the table 9" from an enemy unit, that'd be pretty sweet. Honestly, I just want to have a reason to use some, if not all, of my 45 wolves I've got...!!

Larger packs of them as well.

End of Line

We need stratagems that get us in close fast. We are an assault army supreme and I want to see things that help that. Having can reroll all wounds in fight phase for a stratagem would be helpful.  We need significantly cheaper points on Wulfen and TWC.

Go back to painting naked dudes in ceilings and sculpting nipples in your armor, angel boy, and come back when you can hold your Mjod.

This is who we are, we are loud, we are proud and for the Allfather we deserve new models with our codex and will get them.

First point we should think about is how is Russ inside of his mind...

Does he loves the Emperor in the same manner now? Is he still the executioner? Or if he is a Odin-like version, will he be more independent?

Will he take his sons (SW and maybe other Chapters) and assemble a legion and stablish his own agenda?

I've read absolutely all material of black library on Russ and the Heresy and that's already answered. Russ understands he can't be the executioner any longer in Alexxes and through his trials there, in his assault against Horus and Yarant a plan to regenerate his legion with Bjorn at the helm is wrought, for their wyrds are entwined to the point Russ does nothing of significance without Bjorn at his side (causing great issues with the veterans for he's still a pup at that stage).

His conversations with Malcador in the palace whilst playing future chess are incredible so it's worth a read just for that.

One thing I'm excited about is to finally hear about the Wolf Spear.

There's a whole book on that if you're interested, Wolfsbane, when Russ wields it for the first time in a one to one duel with... Horus! Go read Wolfsbane, now.

The true name of the spear is Gungnir a high price is paid to learn it's name and master it's secret power.

Definitely a very important part of the Heresy which will play a crucial role on its ending and explains why the wolves were not on the siege. It was all about the spear.

I'd like to see the wolves be the first marines that aren't affected by the

"repulsor only for primaris"

and

"primaris only in repulsor"

I'd like to see the stormfang, mastadon, heresy era equipment and land raider become options for the primaris troops

I'de like to see the repuslor open up as a transport option for wolves across the board.

I'm not a SW, so I don't know what do you need for games, but I want to say what I want to see in Lore:

• Russ returning with some news about Isha (but unable to full restore the Emperor), that could create a fantastic plot for more advance in the lore.
  • Russ bringing some news about other Primarchs in the Warp... I suppose the Khan has better chances to be still alive, but Dorn or Corax are also possible. EDIT: VULKAN! Never forget VULKAN

About rules based in lore... it could be fine if you receive some rules for Great Companies, like other codexes, but it could be strange because BA and DA didn't receive, but it could be a fantastic addition and a good point for the next cycle of codexes.

Five years ago I was a game master and had a story about Leman returning from Warp with an apple from Tree of Life which he had received from Isha. Then he restore the Emperor but not fully..... He promised her to get her freedom :).

13th COMPANY!

13th COMPANY!!

13th COMPANY!!!

13th COMPANY!!!!

13th COMPANY!!!!!

13th COMPANY!!!!!!

13th COMPANY!!!!!!!

13th COMPANY!!!!!!!!

13th COMPANY!!!!!!!!!

13th COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!

13th COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!

13th COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!

13th COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And Russ.

And helfrost everywhere.... :)

Would be great if they gave ragnar say reroll all failed wounds. So we can get the double buff like gulli but over 2 character's plus they do not have to bring back russ even though it would be great to have him back.

One thing I'm excited about is to finally hear about the Wolf Spear.

There's a whole book on that if you're interested, Wolfsbane, when Russ wields it for the first time in a one to one duel with... Horus! Go read Wolfsbane, now.

The true name of the spear is Gungnir a high price is paid to learn it's name and master it's secret power.

Definitely a very important part of the Heresy which will play a crucial role on its ending and explains why the wolves were not on the siege. It was all about the spear.

That's not what I was talking about at all. I was talking about the Wolfspear Chapter, a Primaris Space Wolves chapter founded in the Dark Imperium novel. They're composed of Heresy era Fenrisians that were put on ice for the Primaris project for 10 millenia.

Wish List:

-Make thunderwolves and wulfen different!!! Currently I want to take thunderwolves but Wulfen do it for cheaper and more reliable. This can be done by changing them up through stratagems. Give something to thunderwolves to double-move, like the start-collecting formation had.

-I'd love to see Russ come back, but see below

-Distinct Primaris marines. Make a whole new class of primaris that can be an updated "grey slayers": Good at shooting and close combat

-Give a unique army tactic. As it stands right now Space Wolves are kinda lacking. 

-Make Wolf-scouts great again. Currently they are elite (which is okay) but make them worth the elite slot. 

-POINT CHANGE; do a point adjustment army-wide.

-I'd love to see some company tactics, but I doubt they will have them. the 13 great companies may get their own stratagems though.

-Less wolf-wolf-wolf, and add some Viking theme to them. That's why I fell in love with the army originally. Wolf-esq is okay, but make sure to incorporate sagas, Norse literary themes. 

What I don't think we will see:

-Russ. I want him... I want him bad... I think we are likely to see the story building up to his return and a campaign supplement this fall with him coming back, but I do not see it in this codex.

-Too much of a change. I think this army is in a REALLY bad spot right now, at least competitively. Between mortal wounds making SS useless, or the overcosted nature of this book, I think this army will still suffer some huge problems when it comes to competitive play. I bet we will be more competitive than we are now, but that's not saying much. Our army needs to feel unique and separate from others, while still holding onto an edge. What gives me hope is that orks are coming out about the same time. Why does that make me feel confident? because Orks are the swarm counter-part to a good assault Space Wolf army. While orks are swarming something, our army should be more elite. Custodes is a great example of when an army is done right and elite. Its all about that survivability and lethality. 

This list from Triszin, is it all wishlist junk, or is any of it and actual rumor. I'm done wishlisting and fake rules writing. It's time for the real stuff.

We don't have any solid rumors as of yet. Just vague whisperings of boxed sets and primarchs. It's still possible that we will receive a codex, BA/DA style upgrade sprues and WGBL, and nothing else for the immediate future.

Archived