Codex Next Week

lonewolf81

Given tournaments locally, I’m going to be pissed if it’s Nov Triszin, don’t you put that evil on me!

Seriously. I'd be up in arms if we have to wait that long ESPECIALLY after GW themselves said "Soon coming" and that turned out to be six months after they said it.

I totally want Russ back, if only because I've got him and the wolf kin painted and since I'm one of the slowest painters ever having 500 unusable points is a pity!!

I hope it would be appropriate still, and not 100% not furry, demonic, *insert some other danger* enough.

I suspect we get a codex august or september, without russ.  I suspect Russ will release separately, at the earliest november/december.  Christmas release to maximize sales.  Or release the hinted Chaos Abbadon and Friends box for Christmas, with Russ coming later.

On my news feed I saw this "Player Perspective: Russ, Matched Play Gamer". Come on GW, I know they are doing this on purpose now with taunting their customers. Maybe it was coincidence, but there have also been a few other teasing like the whole "a giant wolf is coming" being Canis Rex.

I totally want Russ back, if only because I've got him and the wolf kin painted and since I'm one of the slowest painters ever having 500 unusable points is a pity!!

I hope it would be appropriate still, and not 100% not furry, demonic, *insert some other danger* enough.

Absolutely, I want an older Russ but fully human!

Anyone else seen today's rumor engine image? The grips look very similar to the grip style that most of our CC weapons have. I would go as far as say it's exactly the same as a Dreads frost axe imo.

Yea I saw that, having just tried to emulate that same pattern i thought the same thing. The realist in me says its something from the RT box set. 

....the hopeful part says updated bike kit for our codex :yes:

I think we're looking at a mid july release. Probably AOS, orks, 1 of the two new armies for AoS (probably stormcast), and then space wolves. 

I don't think we're getting any more models than the other chapters got (so primaris w/ upgrade sprues/ and lieutenant/Wolf guard battle leader model). GW has been really good about previewing things, and if Russ were coming we would know. Which I'm ok with cause they may make him wulfen which I wouldn't like, and I think he is more interesting as 3rd or 4th primarch back.  

I think we're looking at a mid july release. Probably AOS, orks, 1 of the two new armies for AoS (probably stormcast), and then space wolves. 

I don't think we're getting any more models than the other chapters got (so primaris w/ upgrade sprues/ and lieutenant/Wolf guard battle leader model). GW has been really good about previewing things, and if Russ were coming we would know. Which I'm ok with cause they may make him wulfen which I wouldn't like, and I think he is more interesting as 3rd or 4th primarch back.  

With that timeline you're dramatically underestimating the amount of weeks until mid july...

What will happen.

Codex will release.

Upgrade sprue for Primaris and a Primaris LT.

Rage ensues due to rules/ stratagems/ fluff.

????

Profit for GW.

:P

I for one need them furry bits for my Grey Talons.

We might as well give up at this point. Everyone's bored with 8th anyway ;)

I'm bored with the damn releases.

AM- Marbo. Resin nope

Inquisition- Inquisitor from the books- resin nope

SM- re roll charges with a whiff of Spiritual Liege everywhere. Nope.

Been saving some money lol.

I have my fingers crossed for a good release for SW so I can use some parts on my small projects.

The new rumor engine is most likely GSC cause they use the same diamond pattern grips.

Aos comes out on 30/06/18 and then there will probably be a week of stormcast and a week for nighthaunt.

That then gives us at the earliest 14 as a pre-order date for either orks or Wolves.

Furthermore i expect to get more than just a standard primaris upgrade sprue as we have been specifically barred from using the apothecary and Chaplain, so at the least i expect an upgrade to make a primaris wolf priest or a brand new sculpt just for us furry little snowflakes

Spikey Bitz just put out a rumored release schedule that our codex not coming out until Sept/Oct and no Russ either.

I hope this isn't true and considering the source I think I will be right.

I'm the only wolf around who don't want Russ coming back?

:huh.:

Whhha???! Why would you not want him back? I'm eagerly awaiting the Wolf Lord. But honestly I hope they push Space Wolves back a bit. If they bring Sanguinius back I'll be upset. 

Whhha???! Why would you not want him back? I'm eagerly awaiting the Wolf Lord. But honestly I hope they push Space Wolves back a bit. If they bring Sanguinius back I'll be upset.

Well that’s just stupid.

Haven't there been rumours to the effect that there are no other loyalist primarchs coming back?

If I had to guess though, the Lion will be the next one. He is the only one we know for sure is alive. Though, I do not doubt Russ would follow shortly thereafter :biggrin.: Maybe all Odiny, with one eye, a big beard, and an eight-legged Thunderwolf :tongue.:

Haven't there been rumours to the effect that there are no other loyalist primarchs coming back?

If I had to guess though, the Lion will be the next one. He is the only one we know for sure is alive. Though, I do not doubt Russ would follow shortly thereafter :biggrin.: Maybe all Odiny, with one eye, a big beard, and an eight-legged Thunderwolf :tongue.:

Carl from Independent Characters was told by GW staff that he is friends with, that when Roboat was released, he was going to be the only one.  But things could and might have changed.

Spikey Bitz just put out a rumored release schedule that our codex not coming out until Sept/Oct and no Russ either.

I hope this isn't true and considering the source I think I will be right.

So Rob used to be really on point, but since GW has created their own website for news, he's been nothing but clickbait, so i wouldn't believe in him.

Archived