Codex Next Week

lonewolf81

I'm really curious about stratagems. A lot of the more recent iterations of them over the other factions have proven to be funkier than blue cheese. I hope we don't get loaded with one of those "ridiculously powerful pile of Wensleydale" stratagems that you really can't play without with a smile on your face. 

I'm really curious about stratagems. A lot of the more recent interactions of them over the other factions have proven to be funkier than blue cheese. I hope we don't get loaded with one of those "ridiculously powerful pile of Wensleydale" stratagems that you really can't play without with a smile on your face. 

I'd love for some strategems for our fenrisian wolves and cyber wolves, maybe a 1cp strat that lets our wolves behave like tau drones, saviour protocols?

Really cool discussion and great ideas, here are my five cents which is more just aggregating ideas already exposed.

Wolf Lord - Jarl

Wolf Guard Battle Leader- Thegn or Thane

Wolf Guard - Huskarls

Wolf Priest - Speaker of the Dead a type of Gothi

Rune Priest - Caster of Runes a type of Gothi

Iron Priest - Left alone

Lone Wolf - Barsark

Wulfen - Left alone

I like berserk for the lone wolf for his only purpose now is to die. His rules could change to reflect that.

Also does anyone know what is Kva the divided from the novel Wolfsbane? I've finished but can't ascertain if he's a rune or wolf priest. To be fair he looks like he's both.

I believe Kva was a Rune Priest, as

Hidden Content

Kva, his retinue and I think another 7 Rune Priests go with Russ to Hel's Door

Chaos assaults them 8 times and each time a Rune Priest dies, at he 9th attempt the daemon imitates Russ and tries to kill Bjorn.

I cant remember exactly, but I am sure that the 8 who died were the Wolves 8 most senior caster of runes

Kva was old when he became an Astartes and the seed did not take root fully which is why he is not as physically powerful as other fenryka, however he endured, survived grew and his powers were prodigious....

Really cool discussion and great ideas, here are my five cents which is more just aggregating ideas already exposed.

Wolf Lord - Jarl

Wolf Guard Battle Leader- Thegn or Thane

Wolf Guard - Huskarls

Wolf Priest - Speaker of the Dead a type of Gothi

Rune Priest - Caster of Runes a type of Gothi

Iron Priest - Left alone

Lone Wolf - Barsark

Wulfen - Left alone

I like berserk for the lone wolf for his only purpose now is to die. His rules could change to reflect that.

Also does anyone know what is Kva the divided from the novel Wolfsbane? I've finished but can't ascertain if he's a rune or wolf priest. To be fair he looks like he's both.

I believe Kva was a Rune Priest, as

Hidden Content

Kva, his retinue and I think another 7 Rune Priests go with Russ to Hel's Door

Chaos assaults them 8 times and each time a Rune Priest dies, at he 9th attempt the daemon imitates Russ and tries to kill Bjorn.

I cant remember exactly, but I am sure that the 8 who died were the Wolves 8 most senior caster of runes

Kva was old when he became an Astartes and the seed did not take root fully which is why he is not as physically powerful as other fenryka, however he endured, survived grew and his powers were prodigious....

Kva the Divided was a Rune Priest, you are correct. He was the strongest at the time

all sigmar new releases are announced for preorder june 16 .

that meams wolves or

orks are close

With release on the 30th, so if they're both the big releases we expect them to be, Mid july for one and early august for the second I'd wager...just based on the fact there are more AoS releases that haven't been shown yet (e.g. the new black coach, mortarch etc)

Thanks for the clarification on Kva indeed that scene made me think he clearly had rune priest powers it's just his general demeanor struck me as a very grim figure more akin to the wolf priest.

About release dates... Every summer brings a big campaign, perfect way of bringing our codex and Russ.

I assume noone would bat an eyelid at playing against 30k Russ rather than new model.

I don't think a mass renaming is called for. I just have always felt like WGBL is a clumsy placeholder name for what was once a clumsy placeholder unit: the cheap hq somewhere between a Wolf Lord and a Wolf Guard. Now that 8th edition encourages a handful of HQs and WGBL have a real role to fill alongside Wolf Lords, I just feel like they deserve a real name. I don't think it would cause any more confusion than there is already because honestly, to any non SW player, you probably call them Lieutenants anyway.

I don't think a mass renaming is called for. I just have always felt like WGBL is a clumsy placeholder name for what was once a clumsy placeholder unit: the cheap hq somewhere between a Wolf Lord and a Wolf Guard. Now that 8th edition encourages a handful of HQs and WGBL have a real role to fill alongside Wolf Lords, I just feel like they deserve a real name. I don't think it would cause any more confusion than there is already because honestly, to any non SW player, you probably call them Lieutenants anyway.

As another said, the names should remain in the index for ease of playing. With the 13th coming back we know Bulvye title is Jarl, however if I say that people will get confused so I imagine he will be titled Wolf Lord despite him being Jarl.

It could also be that low gothic it's Wolf Lord however Fenrisian/high gothic it is Jarl.

Bulveye may also be our first wulfen HQ, which I think would be kinda neat.

Bulbeye isn't wulfen

He's got the "Curse of the Wulfen", so what is he if he isn't wulfen?

Where did you read this? Bulvye killed Wulfen and was trying remove it in Leman Russ novel. In Ashes of Prospero he was a normal marine without any mutations.

As another said, the names should remain in the index for ease of playing. With the 13th coming back we know Bulvye title is Jarl, however if I say that people will get confused so I imagine he will be titled Wolf Lord despite him being Jarl.

It could also be that low gothic it's Wolf Lord however Fenrisian/high gothic it is Jarl.

you got it right with the latter part. Jarl is the Fenrisian, Wolf Lord is low gothic. Typically this is how black library authors reconcile it. It's more natural for the dialogue for characters. Emperor's Gift uses 'Jarl Grimnar' a bunch, for example

Thinking of it as a difference in historical eras is a mistake. The reason FW's Heresy books does naming with non-english words and not 40k is simply because 40k is an all ages product and Forgeworld is for more advanced hobbyists with adult incomes and more discerning tastes.

Bulbeye isn't wulfen

Bulveye has reappeared in the current timeline and he's most definitely not wulfen.

Bulbeye isn't wulfen

Even if he did have the "curse of the wulfen," the curse didn't mean you were wulfen, the curse meant you struggled with the inner beast - the threat of becoming wulfen.

The wulfen models we have now don't have "the curse," they ARE wulfen - they have become the inner beast.

To his main point with ol' Bul, it would NOT surprise me if we get an actual Wulfen named HQ/Elite choice in the codex to put with your regular Wulfen squads.

I would love awolf lord turned wulfen.

and  I would love official rules and models for Bran redmaw.

Level of codex hype over 9000.... Come on GW we need our rules :tongue.:

I say keep hype levels at 50%.

WOuld I like a ton of things yes. DO I think were going to get them, no.

I'm kinda surprised we aren't seeing even the most salt thrown upon rumors yet about our codex...

Even the likes of Hastings and Lady Atia have not piped up with anything about the Wolves yet (beyond Hasting's original rumour almost 2 years ago that Russ was coming).

I'm kinda surprised we aren't seeing even the most salt thrown upon rumors yet about our codex...

Even the likes of Hastings and Lady Atia have not piped up with anything about the Wolves yet (beyond Hasting's original rumour almost 2 years ago that Russ was coming).

Which really was shenanigans.  At the time of Girlyman's release, I found out recently, GW had only planned to release one primarch.  It was until long after that they started to reconsider.

Archived