Codex Next Week

lonewolf81

If we’re wish-listing, I’d like to see them squat TWC: the dumbest thing to happen to our chapter. :smile.:

Ah, but we've already let that wolf out of the bag! :wink:

If we’re wish-listing, I’d like to see them squat TWC: the dumbest thing to happen to our chapter. :smile.:

Ah, but we've already let that wolf is out of the bag! :wink:
Cute, but I'm a fan of the concept:) I want GW to fix the rules so they are worth using again. Feel free to not use them in your lists;)

Or you could just choose not to use them instead of trying to take away models other players love and have used for years. Let's see, which choice is selfish and which is not...

If we’re wish-listing, I’d like to see them squat TWC: the dumbest thing to happen to our chapter. :)

I'm not a fan of riding wolves, however no reason to deny them to people. You can also do conversions. If TWC are any good I may use reivers on foot with a Thunderwolf (without a saddle) as my count as.

I don't know if I mentioned it but a great wish of mine is that Wolf Guard can take bolter (or bolt/plasma pistol)+shield+melee weapons. I like the original index Wolf Guard and how they really felt like an elite force. Sure they didn't have the leadership or 2 wounds of other army elite forces, but they were damn flexible and difficult to tackle. I converted so many models just for them to be illegal now. I sit and wait that they will be legal one day.

I don't know if I mentioned it but a great wish of mine is that Wolf Guard can take bolter (or bolt/plasma pistol)+shield+melee weapons. I like the original index Wolf Guard and how they really felt like an elite force. Sure they didn't have the leadership or 2 wounds of other army elite forces, but they were damn flexible and difficult to tackle. I converted so many models just for them to be illegal now. I sit and wait that they will be legal one day.

The update FAQ allows bolter/shield or pistol/shield. Not quite the ccw/projectile weapon/shield your after but better than before the FAQ.

I've modelled some GS for 30k which I'm planning on using as WG in 40k and have a similar issue. :(

Knights came out over the weekend. Based on past patterns I would expected to see some clue pop up tonight as what the next 40K release will be. At least then we will know whether to kick the frothing up a gear or whether the Orks will be next instead.

I reckon with the AoS shenanigans (in which I'm very much interested, more so then 40k and the :cuss place my Templars are) mid/late July SW will have their codex.

If the rumours are true for a Ork box set August, and then Memestealers cult.

After that, Black Legion and the kick off of a new campaign for 40k.

Edit: I'm speculating based on the several rumours I read around.

Release orks with new Ghazzy, and a few more lads on a box set, with SW or new IG.

I'm still surprised we're not hearing any rumors. Not even spiky bits salt on top of salt kind.

In my mind is because we are 2+ months away from the dex

I pray you are wrong, brother. I keep hoping for a mid to late July release.

The july white dwarf releases at 6 of july (some folks get it earlier). If there is anything regarding wolves and orks (in the near future) it will be in there. I hope we are first for fooks sake :tongue.:

PS the cries for the ork codex in GWs facebook page may push them to release it first (i hope not)

The july white dwarf releases at 6 of july (some folks get it earlier). If there is anything regarding wolves and orks (in the near future) it will be in there. I hope we are first for fooks sake :tongue.:

PS the cries for the ork codex in GWs facebook page may push them to release it first (i hope not)

honestly, from all rumors it sounds like Orks will be getting a massive release/revamp.

I'd want orks first.

For narrative, For some non imperial love.

- Narrative reasons:

--- Ghaz hit the next stage in Ork-volution: BEAST

--- Ghaz has become a beast ork, and now has at minimum, 6 duplicates of himself all around the galaxy

--- Orks Waaagh is greater than that of the beast that Vulkan fought and killed one with his nuclear bomb thunder hammer

---THis puts Roboute in a terrifying position

---------Mortarian ravaging systems

---------Magnus Ravaging other systems

---------And now the most Dangerous Ork ever, has made the orks into even more terrifying and coordinated things

---------Roboute is now unable to venture out to lead battles himself, he must focus solely on logistics of the so many fronts

- Russ returns to aide him and the wolves

------ WOlves are in strife amongst themselves, the 40k old marines at odds with 13th heresy wolves, and primaris, and all of them are at odds with each other.

------ Russ solves this, through one way he did before. when he was given the legion and fenrisians joined the ranks of the space marines. The blooding.

- What is the blodding?

----- It was talked about in Wolfsbane, the emperor put the SPace wolves to duty in a Fortified Ork system that no other imperial had taken yet

----- These orks were in the billions, led by  a intelligent warboss

----- Russ and the wolves lost 30% of the legions numbers scouring the system of the orks and refining the space wolves tactics, and respect from the other legions.

----- THis will in turn put RUss in charge of the 40k marines, 30k marines and primaris marines, and they will all work in unison with each other

----- We may see some weird Hybridization Chapter rule that encompasses and merges 30k, 40k and primaris wolf tactics

my imaginary timeline

- lets say Aos V2 release ends july 7th

- Orks release next, lets say july 21 - aug 25

---Beast ork Ghaz (primeork)

---line refresh

---SUper orks from the octavian wars

---Gorka Morka

---Cults

- next wave of necromunda releases, trash people, sumpkrocs, more FW release for nerocmunda

- AOS something sept

- Adeptus titanicus oct 15

- New Campaign for 40k (starts end of oct.)

- Wolves codex November 24 release

---Russ

---13th co: Bulveye the old wolf, 13th co release

---Primaris captain

---Primaris character

---Helfrost upgrade pack

---New Ragnar, possibly Primarized ( a spitting image of young russ)

I'd be fine sharing and have both codexes released at the same time...

Given tournaments locally, I’m going to be pissed if it’s Nov Triszin, don’t you put that evil on me!

We can still do well in tournaments, it just takes a little more play than relying on stratagems. Check out my battle report I posted onto the Army List forum under my 2k competitive topic. If I had not made some mistakes I could have claimed a possible 4-1 or 3-2 against all power list Codex armies. We must remain hopeful and vigilant! Despair is too easy to fall into. For Russ and the Allfather!

Also, I will be participating in another smaller ITC in July and will post the same stuff for those interested.

Given tournaments locally, I’m going to be pissed if it’s Nov Triszin, don’t you put that evil on me!

I hope im wrong, but If russ is coming I can see that being the release window.

THe lord of winter, of war, the executioner arrives this winter

Archived