Codex Next Week

lonewolf81

This list from Triszin, is it all wishlist junk, or is any of it and actual rumor. I'm done wishlisting and fake rules writing. It's time for the real stuff.

We don't have any solid rumors as of yet. Just vague whisperings of boxed sets and primarchs. It's still possible that we will receive a codex, BA/DA style upgrade sprues and WGBL, and nothing else for the immediate future.
Which is the most likely.

Don't expect Russ to drop with a codex without ceremony.

It will be part of a campaign.

You will have a Lieutenant and an upgrade sprue.

Don't expect more.

If you do expect more, be prepared for disappointment.

http://i349.photobucket.com/albums/q390/Arn3/20180405_201113_zps8gvbfxre.jpg

I converted Ragnar just so he wouldn't look so shrimpy next to Primaris.

I usually don't dig Primaris, but this is nice conversion work - and your scheme is good too.

MR.

I don't care if we get Primaris or not, I just want less furry more traditional Norse. I hope if we get 13th company they are DG sized, though the Primaris stat line is great and really demonstrates what SM are supposed to be. I fear GW will release the 13th and make them with fur coming out of their ears and simply say "that how they always been!".

The more and more we fall into the furry, werewolf's in space, category the more I become less enthused about playing them. However for every person like me I am sure there is a furry jumping aboard replacing me and GW won't care.

This list from Triszin, is it all wishlist junk, or is any of it and actual rumor. I'm done wishlisting and fake rules writing. It's time for the real stuff.

We don't have any solid rumors as of yet. Just vague whisperings of boxed sets and primarchs. It's still possible that we will receive a codex, BA/DA style upgrade sprues and WGBL, and nothing else for the immediate future.
Which is the most likely.

Don't expect Russ to drop with a codex without ceremony.

It will be part of a campaign.

You will have a Lieutenant and an upgrade sprue.

Don't expect more.

If you do expect more, be prepared for disappointment.

Wise words Templar, wise words.

I just read spikybits article about the new codex and rumors, they aren't even touchung the SW part.

As for models I would love to see some helfrost upgrade sprues,Russ of course (without fur please), and a few updates such as Ragnar.

Mostly I would just like some competitive and fluffy rules with some lore on the current state of the chapter.

My only expectations is a Primaris upgrade sprue, a Primaris Lieutenant and expanded lore to discusses the changes post WoM and the new Chapter structure following the introduction of Primaris and the return of the 13th under Bulveye. Plus a bit on any Primaris successors such as Wolfspear.

There’s a lot I’d hope for but in all likelihood it’s just going to be the standard Index to Codex treatment.

I just read spikybits article about the new codex and rumors, they aren't even touchung the SW part.

As usual, Spikeybits is just reposting rumors from B&C threads. There were similar (but much less specific) rumors about SW earlier in the year as well. Which is why until someone credible drops a rumor listing specific units, point costs, rules, etc., like we saw with the Aeldari Webway thing, I'll be fairly cautious.

As usual, Spikeybits is just reposting rumors from B&C threads. There were similar (but much less specific) rumors about SW earlier in the year as well. Which is why until someone credible drops a rumor listing specific units, point costs, rules, etc., like we saw with the Aeldari Webway thing, I'll be fairly cautious.

My point isn't where they get their info (or if they are even a good source for anything). It's that even they, who dive into garbage rumors, won't touch the SW rumors.

Scouts need sorting, that's the main lissue for me. I'm sat on a mound of the blighters but won't be assembling/painting them until I know if try will be worth it or not.

It would be interesting to see what happens with the returned 13th. We almost have the Legion Heavy Weapon Squad with the Long Fangs. So maybe give them the option of all special weapons?

Primaris? You can stick them in the box of Nope along with the TWC but that's personal taste.

Russ ... I'm not sure how I feel about him returning or not. Guess we'll see what happens.

The more and more we fall into the furry, werewolf's in space, category the more I become less enthused about playing them. However for every person like me I am sure there is a furry jumping aboard replacing me and GW won't care.

Welcome to our world brother. Black Templars community have been suffering that kind of twist in fluff for years...

When we were rolled into Vainilla codex suddenly fluff was twisted, and now in 8th it was even worse... Now BT believe in the Emperor as a God... we're friends forever with SoB and Ecclesiarchy...

But I think SW has many fanbase, many novels, so I think your lore will be respected.

Welcome to our world brother. Black Templars community have been suffering that kind of twist in fluff for years...

When we were rolled into Vainilla codex suddenly fluff was twisted, and now in 8th it was even worse... Now BT believe in the Emperor as a God... we're friends forever with SoB and Ecclesiarchy...

But I think SW has many fanbase, many novels, so I think your lore will be respected.

Wasn't BT originally about the imperial truth instead (science and logic reign supreme) instead of the imperial cult (emperor is a God).

When we were rolled into Vainilla codex suddenly fluff was twisted, and now in 8th it was even worse... Now BT bwolves near the eye of wolfy near the Fenelieve in the Emperor as a God... we're friends forever with SoB and Ecclesiarchy...

New or old?? Like others have commented earlier in this thread - Do we get the classic 'butchers of the imperium' fluff (please) or the new hairier, bestial and even wolfy lore??

What about the mutated wolves whose gene that mysteriously caused by the wolfy canine pointy ears and tail syndrome?? The one we threw the evil black magician over the side of a crevice to try and cure?? Those twisted forms of life need homes too!! Looks like the Wulfen are getting pets... Or becoming best friends with the Imperium.

*disclainer- all of that is just made of nonsense, if you believe me, I've got a giant red bridge in the Bay Area that I want to sell you*

If we do see something new and cool (not derp marines), I'd love to see a centurion variant. But I am almost certain GW is done putting out normal marine kits... No money in continuing to expand their already massive catalog of existing marine kits. No one buys those. I'm sorry to rant, and I am almost done, but ALL marine chapters deserve new kits, after they have finished updating all of the other armies, of course. Orks need some serious love, and honestly I hope they see a lot of new models this release.

Like I've said, Primaris and a codex. The rest is only a sleeping whimper and a short unconscious run away...

Yes, I'm implying it's a 'dog dream' away.

End of Line

following the trend of pre-orders I am expecting the pre-order for wolves or orks in two weeks time (16th June). If nothing is announced it could be GW are waiting a further 2 weeks for a joint Wolves and Orks announcement. just a theory 

My bet would be on a release similar to the BA or DA...Primaris upgrades and SW specific Intercesor kits along with a Lieutenant. If I had to guess on a "new" kit it would be a Long Fang like Hellblaster unit or special HQ unit. I do not think Russ will be dropping with the Codex like mentioned above. Having him return as a campaign supplement with significantly more fanfare (and profit) makes more sense to me. That all being said, I am no where near an expert on these matters, just looking at the last SM releases and making some assumptions.

Please prove me wrong GW, please.

following the trend of pre-orders I am expecting the pre-order for wolves or orks in two weeks time (16th June). If nothing is announced it could be GW are waiting a further 2 weeks for a joint Wolves and Orks announcement. just a theory 

I think it's likely that June will be the month of Age of Sigmar. Very little 40k stuff aside from Knights. 

I think it's likely that June will be the month of Age of Sigmar. Very little 40k stuff aside from Knights.

They sure do know how to play with my emotions

I have to point out that while I agree I like the Norse theme better with SW there is nothing wrong with Wulfen and the wolf theme. I like Wulfen and TWC. They give our army something different from other SM chapters. You might not like them, that's certainly fair, but this sort of bashing on them all the time is a little old.

I have to point out that while I agree I like the Norse theme better with SW there is nothing wrong with Wulfen and the wolf theme. I like Wulfen and TWC. They give our army something different from other SM chapters. You might not like them, that's certainly fair, but this sort of bashing on them all the time is a little old.

Same thoughts/feelings here. At first, I hated the Thunderwolves, but grew into them as I came to understand the entire game universe was equally ridiculous. And the Wulfen really are a perfect fit in our fluff after reading soany of the books. I get to each his/her own, but to get rage induced by it, is something else.

My bet would be on a release similar to the BA or DA...Primaris upgrades and SW specific Intercesor kits along with a Lieutenant. If I had to guess on a "new" kit it would be a Long Fang like Hellblaster unit or special HQ unit. I do not think Russ will be dropping with the Codex like mentioned above. Having him return as a campaign supplement with significantly more fanfare (and profit) makes more sense to me. That all being said, I am no where near an expert on these matters, just looking at the last SM releases and making some assumptions.

Please prove me wrong GW, please.

If we were going to get the same treatment as the DA and BA it makes no sense that we’ve been held back for so much longer, they might as well have released all 3 at once and be done with it.

The issue is; where does the Norse/Celtic features exist? If we had huskarls, hirdmen, jarls for instance I can say "hey we have a decent split of furry and Norse/celtic so take the bad with the good". No, instead we have wolf guard, wolf Lord's, blood claws decked in wolf pelts. The characters also acting like wolves with bearing fangs, howling, growling, crawling on all 4 etc. It's not that we need to eliminate the furry it's we need to tone it down so that it doesn't take over. Had our normal units been more Norse and we had specialty units that were wolfy like TWC, Wulfen it would be perfect imo. I could easily deal with that and would think that would be awesome.

Long story short, I think the Norse/celtic crowd is growing fanatical due to the sheer oppression and over bearing of the wolfy theme. Tone it down and I believe you would find them much more relaxed to be represented at all.

I love my dogs, I don't want to be a dog.

So according to previous releases, When GW announces a set of codices , they start releasing them after a month has passed and the release in done within a month. So my guess is that the first codex will be up for pre orders in the start / mid july and the other end july pre orders /start of august release and then will be titanicus which was teased for august

The issue is; where does the Norse/Celtic features exist? If we had huskarls, hirdmen, jarls for instance I can say "hey we have a decent split of furry and Norse/celtic so take the bad with the good". No, instead we have wolf guard, wolf Lord's, blood claws decked in wolf pelts. The characters also acting like wolves with bearing fangs, howling, growling, crawling on all 4 etc. It's not that we need to eliminate the furry it's we need to tone it down so that it doesn't take over. Had our normal units been more Norse and we had specialty units that were wolfy like TWC, Wulfen it would be perfect imo. I could easily deal with that and would think that would be awesome.

Long story short, I think the Norse/celtic crowd is growing fanatical due to the sheer oppression and over bearing of the wolfy theme. Tone it down and I believe you would find them much more relaxed to be represented at all.

For gods sake, Nobody is oppressing anyone. Their are no 'sides.' You are projecting... What there are is lots of different elements and options for this army and people build them to their taste... Make a Wolf Lord who doesn't trust Wulfen and has no time for pinking up thunderwolf poop and call it a day.

Most of the elements you find so disateful - the names, the animalism, lycanthropy, animal companions - have been around decades... Like, 2nd an 3rd Edition. To deny it is to deny the faction's real beating heart. If you can't reconcile that now (and its easy, i hate wulfen and the unit names too but i deal!) well, i don't think you'll ever be happy with them as a faction.

For gods sake, Nobody is oppressing anyone. Their are no 'sides.' You are projecting... What there are is lots of different elements and options for this army and people build them to their taste... Make a Wolf Lord who doesn't trust Wulfen and has no time for pinking up thunderwolf poop and call it a day.

Most of the elements you find so disateful - the names, the animalism, lycanthropy, animal companions - have been around decades... Like, 2nd an 3rd Edition. To deny it is to deny the faction's real beating heart. If you can't reconcile that now (and its easy, i hate wulfen and the unit names too but i deal!) well, i don't think you'll ever be happy with them as a faction.

... You just missed my entire point.

We'd better lower our expectation. We haven't seen any solid evidence indicating new SW models. The return of Russ would be a big incident of the Empire. Before Guilliman and Mortarion returned, GW released a lot of rumor and video. Both of them got screenshots in rumor engine. Nothing happened to our Primarch yet.

"Codex will be absolutely packed with new content" is meaningless. GW made similar statement during releasing DA and BA. It can always refer to PSM, CP and Great Company rule. Let's wait and see. I hope "the wait will be worth it" wouldn't be a joke.

Archived