AT Chat, Lists, and Conversions For All Stompy Robot Lovers

Fajita Fan

I'd like to talk about Gryphonicus' auspex relays.

They just don't seem very useful to me, but I'd like to make the most out of them since they add colour. Has anybody used them, or found an interesting way to play with them?

I'd like to talk about Gryphonicus' auspex relays.

They just don't seem very useful to me, but I'd like to make the most out of them since they add colour. Has anybody used them, or found an interesting way to play with them?

Yeah I probably wouldn't bother with them. I can se the use though, as warhounds are likely to be fairly near to stuff a lot of the time.

I do quite like the other Gryphonicus options though. Speedy or tough reavers are good, though you won't have tons of them due to only being able to swap in one reaver per maniple.

The Gryphonicus upgrades are all interesting and cheap, though clearly not game-breaking.On the other hand I can't ever see myself paying for lasers with marginally longer ranges for Tempestus. 

Can't wait to see more Legios get rules in Titandeath.

I'm going to make a prediction based on nothing but a guess; tomorrow's FW Friday releases (or maybe next Friday...) will include the carapace weapon's for the Questoris to tie in with Titandeath.

And it's a swing and a miss... Stormcast heads today. Maybe next week?

Edited by Burni

The colour schemes are great across the board.

Krytos looks a bit darker green and grey, which would be more up to personal taste. And I like Missile Launchers....

But all those techno-Bavarian tribal vibes from Fureans... and personalized Titans...

... and who am I kidding: If they put up the scheme for Vulpa, I' lol be all over those, too ;)

Decisions, Decisions....

DEFENSOR LOOK AMAZING! :ohmy.: Love their scheme! But argh the white I suck at white!

Looks refreshingly new for sure... But the colours? Three main colours make it a tad too busy for me and the light green? not my favourite... 

Hmph... kinda underwhelmed by Mortis.

Yes it is. First, killing a Titan is something that will likely take several turns and secondly, even then, it's far too situational... Opportunity missed there. 

Ah, missed this thread bringing it up. Krytos's quake missiles seem pretty dang useful. The Lupercal maniple looks like it would pretty edge-of-your-seat to play with.

Quake missiles look cool Indeed! But, since the bonus is against terrain, it's kind of situational as well... More characterful than useful - although it may have its uses fir removing cover, I guess. I think it's better than the Mortis one.

Funnily enough, Vulpa (which for some reason has no pic) seems to have the best one: characterful AND frequently useful! 

But all those techno-Bavarian tribal vibes from Fureans... and personalized Titans...

:laugh.:

You sure you didn't mean "techno-Thuringian"? 

*sorry couldn't resist*

I have added the new Maniple in the TotH rules too!

DEFENSOR LOOK AMAZING! :ohmy.: Love their scheme! But argh the white I suck at white!

Looks refreshingly new for sure... But the colours? Three main colours make it a tad to busy for me and the light green? not my favourite... 

Love me some light green on black and white, no idea why it just speaks to me. 

Looks refreshingly new for sure... But the colours? Three main colours make it a tad to busy for me and the light green? not my favourite... 

Love me some light green on black and white, no idea why it just speaks to me. 

Hey, whatever works for you! :laugh.:

I like the Lupercal maniple. Curious to see the scheme for Legio Vulpa.

Yeah, I guess the expectation is dark red with purple - another difficult combo to like, but that's a challenge too!

Dang, disappointed that I need to wait another week for my Titandeath copy to get a clear pic of Vulpa. But I'm very happy with that special rule. I already guessed they'd be the "melee Legio," and it looks like their rules might actually make that viable. A small bonus to Warlord agility and we'll be in business :cool.:

And that Defensor scheme is gorgeous! I love the yellow-to-green "ripening lime" transition, for some reason. I think it helps that the intense striping color is over simple black and white.

Also cool to see Mortis's tallying practices being a nod to behavior that will eventually lead them into the embrace of the Plague God.

Ah, missed this thread bringing it up. Krytos's quake missiles seem pretty dang useful. The Lupercal maniple looks like it would pretty edge-of-your-seat to play with.

Quake missiles look cool Indeed! But, since the bonus is against terrain, it's kind of situational as well... More characterful than useful - although it may have its uses fir removing cover, I guess. I think it's better than the Mortis one.

Oh I wasn't thinking of the terrain strength boost so much as the quake effect. As an option for missile launchers, it means more titans have access to quake and so have access to messing around with the enemy's movement from range. Granted, at strength 4 with less dice it's more of a nice bonus once the shields are down but it's fairly cheap. I think a canny player could have some fun with it.

I guess we're only seeing bits and pieces of the legions' special rules. Here's hoping Mortis has some good wargear/strategems. Does it seem unlikely that they'll be able to replace a titan in a maniple with a warlord? Either for them or for Vulpa, as well-equipped heavy assault legions.

Edited by Sandlemad

It’s way too early to say which of the Legios are most effective. If they are anything like the ones in the core book then they’ll each get a trait, warlord traits and maybe stratagems, alternative options for swapping titans around in Maniples (as Gryphonicus and Solaria do) and so on. We’ve only seen one facet of each legio so far.

Having said that, I do like the sound of the Atarus rules. Speed early in the game and better repairs are good things to have.

We do have the maniple’s rules in full, and that looks great. It’s probably a better way to run warhounds than a Venator maniple, on the whole. I’ve been considering running a couple of warhound “snipers” armed with turbo lasers and I think they’d be seriously annoying with effectively S10 guns.

Oh I wasn't thinking of the terrain strength boost so much as the quake effect. As an option for missile launchers, it means more titans have access to quake and so have access to messing around with the enemy's movement from range. Granted, at strength 4 with less dice it's more of a nice bonus once the shields are down but it's fairly cheap. I think a canny player could have some fun with it.

Oh yeah, don't underestimate the Quake effect. Krytos loading on missiles will be scary. They'll be stripping voids like champs one round, then pinning damaged Titans in place with Quake the next. Was that Reaver trying to get into cover? Sorry, no. Was that Warhound attempting to escape your arc? Not anymore! Especially not without forcing reactor pushes. The bonus against cover is the characterful, less useful trait here.

But the general idea seems to be "Nothing can hide from the God Breakers."

Edited by LetsYouDown

Hmph... kinda underwhelmed by Mortis.

Yes it is. First, killing a Titan is something that will likely take several turns and secondly, even then, it's far too situational... Opportunity missed there. 

maybe this rule is additive over the course of multi-game campaigns? thus making Mortis vary powerful in the long term?

sure that's still worthless in single game play, but maybe there's some rules adjustments coming to make Engine Kills more common?(the book is called "Titandeath" after all)