AT Chat, Lists, and Conversions For All Stompy Robot Lovers

Fajita Fan

From this we can infer a list of possible legios for the next supplement I guess. If not mistaken these are not covered yet:

Suturvora, Magna, Interfector, Vulturum

Ignatum, Venator, Metalica, Astraman, Destructor, Honorum

It seems like Ignatum would sit best in a Siege of Terra book but it might be a bit early for us to see that. They would have to match it to the upcoming BL stuff and wouldn’t want to spoil any plot points. I hope I’m wrong in this as otherwise it could be years until we see any rules for Ignatum!

Oh! How about a book based on Mechanicum? Might not be broad enough on the Legio front, especially as Mortis would be a key player again. But it’s a good backdrop for an AT book and it means we could see some Fire Wasp action!

I've watched the Bols video showing all the Legio traits and stuff. Very interesting. Lots to consider.

To be honest I don't think they are all that balanced, though all do have their uses. If there's one Legio I don't really like it's Krytos. They are really good at killing the battlefield, which is kind of nice, but they seem a bit lacking in tools to kill enemy titans.

For the most part though it seems very good. The Legios all have traits that are fun and work for their fluff. I don't really think there's a single outstanding Legio that's obviously better than the rest (which is a good thing of course). Some traits do seem better than others, but that tends to be balanced out by other Legios having better wargear, stratagems or whatever.

A Vulpa reaver with an upgraded chainfist will be a bit of a terror I think. That said they haven't done a great job writing the rules for their Legio trait. What does it mean to increase your weapon skill if it's written as 4+? Presumably they mean that you now hit on a 3+, but that's not too clear. If so, then actually power reaver power fists would hit just as well as chainfists - both on a 2+. So would a warlord fist, come to think of it.

Knight houses in februarys WD

I wonder what it might be? colour schemes maybe?

https://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/bloggings/3620

There's a screenshot elsewhere online of the contents page, with the blurb: "Andy Hoare delves into the history of Vassal Houses - those Knightly Houses ruled over by the Titan Legions" and a picture of some Fureans titans and yellow-and-black knights.

I think those knights have appeared before in WD as House Rajha knights, one of Fureans vassal houses, with a note about how their original heraldy was basically overwritten by that of the Tiger Eyes through long association. Kinda suspect this is Andy Hoare's own force's background but in that case it's most likely an article about less-independent knight houses that share the colour schemes of titan legions rather than having their own.

Very happy with Fureans though!

Yeah, this is decent stuff.:smile.: The surge strategem is very fine and the machine spirit quirk pretty much seems to be a straightup bonus. The auspexes too are almost surprising, a cheap bonus at long range.

Edited by Sandlemad

Another question for you, good principes:

Do you think the Gryphonicus motive sub reactors should be represented? If yes, where to start?

I have been planning on building my next Reaver as a Gryphonicus one with the extra armor (thinking of adding some cleaned up portions of the extra plates along the chest and upper legs). My thoughts on the motive sub-reactors was considering adding a portion of a skitarii backpack or something similar (vents and some sort of power pack). If i pick up a third Reaver during this painting comp I'll fiddle around with my bits box and see if I actually have anything that might look right, after all the motive sub-reactors is quite a bit more demanding than a quick up-armor job.

Do you think the Gryphonicus motive sub reactors should be represented? If yes, where to start?

I have been planning on building my next Reaver as a Gryphonicus one with the extra armor (thinking of adding some cleaned up portions of the extra plates along the chest and upper legs). My thoughts on the motive sub-reactors was considering adding a portion of a skitarii backpack or something similar (vents and some sort of power pack). If i pick up a third Reaver during this painting comp I'll fiddle around with my bits box and see if I actually have anything that might look right, after all the motive sub-reactors is quite a bit more demanding than a quick up-armor job.

The plasma reactor thingy from the accessory sprue might be a good place to start. You could stick it to the back of the rear armour plate. I've just tried holding it there and I think it would look pretty much perfect, if you cut down the stub that connects it to the base a bit (or drilled a hole for it in the armour plate). It looks like it could be spinning, which I quite like.

I don't know if you mind losing the battlefield asset. I've got two frames myself so could sacrifice one of them. I bought a rule set mainly for the terminals and cards. Might be a plan if you aren't doing loads of these guys. 

The plasma reactor thingy from the accessory sprue might be a good place to start. You could stick it to the back of the rear armour plate. I've just tried holding it there and I think it would look pretty much perfect, if you cut down the stub that connects it to the base a bit (or drilled a hole for it in the armour plate). It looks like it could be spinning, which I quite like.

I don't know if you mind losing the battlefield asset. I've got two frames myself so could sacrifice one of them. I bought a rule set mainly for the terminals and cards. Might be a plan if you aren't doing loads of these guys. 

I was thinking maybe the power fist component that comes with and without cables could be used for that.

How viable are melee Warlord Titans? 

My Princeps Senioris is steering a Warlord with Arioch an Sunfury for fun. The game i have played with ended rather bad for it (spoiler it blew up) but apart from that the rest of my maniple survived and i took out almost everything else my opponent had. 

That said with the new campaign system I still want to field my Warlord with the same wargear, but at the same time worry about it blowing up too fast, as a Warlord takes up a good chunk of your points and repairs as well as buying new Titans in the campaign is rather pricy and precious crew experience may be lost forever.

Still worth the fun, or should I make some changes?

I'm not sure how viable a melee Warlord is but the idea has fascinated me and there's a good chance I'll make one. As it is I'll have one melee Reaver so why not have Big Daddy barrel down the battlefield to pummel on some poor sap?

My Princeps Senioris is steering a Warlord with Arioch an Sunfury for fun. The game i have played with ended rather bad for it (spoiler it blew up) but apart from that the rest of my maniple survived and i took out almost everything else my opponent had.

That said with the new campaign system I still want to field my Warlord with the same wargear, but at the same time worry about it blowing up too fast, as a Warlord takes up a good chunk of your points and repairs as well as buying new Titans in the campaign is rather pricy and precious crew experience may be lost forever.

Well hopefully there’s a magnet in there, and you have options.

A melee warlord is cool, but slightly mad. It means giving up the firepower of a warlord while it runs across the board. In exchange you get to essentially force your opponent to try and kill it, because otherwise it will start dropping titans more or less one a turn.

One big problem is that warlord’s are really slow. So unless you’ve got a plan for how you’re crossing the board, that fist won’t be hitting things particularly soon. And if you’re using full stride then neither will any of its other weapons.

Fun though!

While I am waiting for mycopy of Titan Death to ship, I am WIPing some possible colours....

Fureans is pretty straihjt forward, so I put some time in the other options:

The green / grey of Krytos:

gallery_66914_8104_299259.jpg

which may finally have led me to a nice green for my Alpha Legion Project by accident :)

gallery_66914_8104_87769.jpg

and I think I know why there are no pics of Vulpa yet….

gallery_66914_8104_359193.jpg

The bruised Red/ Purple look is really hard to get Right :P

Thoughts?

I'm going to take a slightly different approach and use the 40k Knight Armiger legs, so it looks more mobile.

Rik

Well hopefully there’s a magnet in there, and you have options.

A melee warlord is cool, but slightly mad. It means giving up the firepower of a warlord while it runs across the board. In exchange you get to essentially force your opponent to try and kill it, because otherwise it will start dropping titans more or less one a turn.

One big problem is that warlord’s are really slow. So unless you’ve got a plan for how you’re crossing the board, that fist won’t be hitting things particularly soon. And if you’re using full stride then neither will any of its other weapons.

Fun though!

Everything is magnetized ;) 

The Legio Mortius stratagem that gives me an extra movement at the beginning will help me a lot to get the Warlord to the enemy, but even with boosting i guess it´ll take too much damage and may die. I´ll try it anyways but will keep a weapon swap between it and anpther Warlord as an option. (sunfury for belicosa, so the other will be armed with sunfury and mori quake cannon for 1 reactor pushing weapon each)

As I mentioned, a melee Reaver with Chainfist / Power Fist may be better due to speed and agility. Or live life dangerously and go with both, I'd have to imagine at least one would make it to close combat and dole out some pain.

As I mentioned, a melee Reaver with Chainfist / Power Fist may be better due to speed and agility. Or live life dangerously and go with both, I'd have to imagine at least one would make it to close combat and dole out some pain.

The only problem I see with this is your target potentially blowing up to your face. 

I don’t really see any point in having two melee weapons. When you charge you get to hit with one weapon, a bunch of times. You can only use the other one in the combat phase. You can also use a gun in the combat phase.

A Gatling gun is actually pretty good for finishing off a damaged titan in combat. It’s accurate so you ought to hit it a few times even with a placed shot. Whatever location you’re targeting ought to be in a mess after a charge and the (chain)fist’s attacks in the combat phase.

And of course the rest of the time, guns are really useful! A set up something like Gatling arm, laser carapace and chainfist would make a great reaver, I think. Or laser arm with Gatling or missiles on the roof.

I'll be giving one a go this evening. My theory is that if you're going to do it, then invest in stuff to help it get there – perhaps stratagems like Blind Barrage or Sabotage can help?