AT Chat, Lists, and Conversions For All Stompy Robot Lovers

Fajita Fan

I was just thinking about it... What if you did Vulpa's scheme in a geometric camouflage pattern? Variations of reds and purples. It may be a bit time consuming but it's not like there's a ton of models to paint.

Like this:

https://262krieg.blogspot.com/2018/11/wip-painting-dazzle-camouflage-for.html?m=1

Edited by DuskRaider

Funny enough, the raw meat thing is what I was going for in my attempt...

Thanks for the Vulpa pics --- though I think it is almost a bit too obviously Khorne...

And I like the geometric camouflage idea. Even if so far the Legio colors seem more like Knight Heraldry. But why shouldn't there be some sort of ancient geometric camo patterns used there?

I wanted to do some Skitari Rangers in isometric camocloaks ... with the block shapes aligned to make the cog symbol of the Mechanikum. Might try this on the larger titans....

Some screenshots from a review of the book there was on youtube (quality is low)

Hidden Content

gallery_116407_15011_25576.jpg

gallery_116407_15011_22547.jpg

gallery_116407_15011_6600.jpg

gallery_116407_15011_10345.jpg

Thank you very much Mendi!

First, why are they show Warlords with the head that's not yet available? What's that all about? :D

Secondly, it does look like a deep and slightly glossy shade of red. Combined with the purple it sort of create bruised or raw flesh references... But maybe it's the reflection of the camera of the naturally glossy page of the book. :ermm:

It looks like raw meat to me in the book want me to grab a picture? Any particular Titan request? :tongue.:

Oh, do you have the book? Yeah, it'll be great if you could show us pics of the Titans (Vulpa is my request but others might want something else). Just make sure that's only the artwork is in the pics - no rules (we don't want to run into any IP issues ;))

I was just thinking about it... What if you did Vulpa's scheme in a geometric camouflage pattern? Variations of reds and purples. It may be a bit time consuming but it's not like there's a ton of models to paint.

Like this:

https://262krieg.blogspot.com/2018/11/wip-painting-dazzle-camouflage-for.html?m=1

Yeah, this might be an option too - it'll be great especially if the two shades are very similar and not that contrasting. Hmm....

Funny enough, the raw meat thing is what I was going for in my attempt...

Thanks for the Vulpa pics --- though I think it is almost a bit too obviously Khorne...

And I like the geometric camouflage idea. Even if so far the Legio colors seem more like Knight Heraldry. But why shouldn't there be some sort of ancient geometric camo patterns used there?

I wanted to do some Skitari Rangers in isometric camocloaks ... with the block shapes aligned to make the cog symbol of the Mechanikum. Might try this on the larger titans....

So you're going for Vulpa Xin? Should I update your entry in the TotH thread? Or you're still on the fence? :lol:

Still in the fence... I want to avoid any Legion that is as settled on a particular Deity, especially Khorne, at this point.

Really like the more independent/ awakened machine spirit fluff on Fureans. So, I am currently thinking I am going to create my own Legio...that might make use of those pesky geometric patterns :p

Here is a picture of the Warlord art sorry if the quality isn't great had to scale it down to upload to B&C :smile.: (@Semper no rules on the page)

Hidden Content

gallery_26119_15174_1313130.jpg

Thank you Reynar - looks really... meaty! :biggrin.: Maybe dark red with dark orange and a red wash to brink them together? Or purple wash? Thank you very much for the pic man! :thumbsup:

Still in the fence... I want to avoid any Legion that is as settled on a particular Deity, especially Khorne, at this point.

Really like the more independent/ awakened machine spirit fluff on Fureans. So, I am currently thinking I am going to create my own Legio...that might make use of those pesky geometric patterns :tongue.:

Go for the God Breakers! Unalighned and hard as nails - no nonsense complete destruction! :yes:

Here is a picture of the Warlord art sorry if the quality isn't great had to scale it down to upload to B&C :) (@Semper no rules on the page)

Hidden Content
gallery_26119_15174_1313130.jpg

Thank you Reynar - looks really... meaty! :D Maybe dark red with dark orange and a red wash to brink them together? Or purple wash? Thank you very much for the pic man! :tu:

Really like the more independent/ awakened machine spirit fluff on Fureans. So, I am currently thinking I am going to create my own Legio...that might make use of those pesky geometric patterns :P

Go for the God Breakers! Unalighned and hard as nails - no nonsense complete destruction! :yes:

Honestly looking at it in even light, the red is more the same colors of the word bearers, but marbles and scarred. The purple is really dark, almost black. I wasn’t sure how the scheme would look, but it actually looks really good

Got my copy today also (along with a Reaver 2 and the Warlord sprue). It’s a good book but I got through the lore in about 30mins. Wish there was more of that (and I’ve read the novel!)

The plates don’t show Vulpa off very well imho. Wish there was more than just the front on views. I do like the Warp Runners through, just not sure I could do anything remotely decent for the constellations on the plates.

The Reaver 2 back of head looks to be built differently so now I’m worried I can’t use an alternative faceplate from the new kit on my Reaver 1 back of head. Will report back once I’ve fully checked that out.

I do like the Warp Runners through, just not sure I could do anything remotely decent for the constellations on the plates.

The Reaver 2 back of head looks to be built differently so now I’m worried I can’t use an alternative faceplate from the new kit on my Reaver 1 back of head. Will report back once I’ve fully checked that out.

For the constellations, if I were you I would give it a try on the extra armour panels and likely use a precision marker pen instead of a brush.

For the faceplate, maybe some minimal cutting might help.

Did you guys notice the black patterns on the leg plates of the Vulpa Warlord and the Warhound? And a similar pattern on the knee plate of the Reaver?

Good luck free-handing that! :laugh.:

I actually don't think it would be very difficult - it looks to me like deep purple bruising rather than black (back to the whole Vulpa bruised meat thing), as long as the paint is heavily thinned,  being a little rough around the edges will add to the effect rather than detract from it. And if not a confident free-hander, that pattern is easier to emulate with a template/masking than checks/stripes (imo).

The trickiest thing about the Vulpa scheme to me is the bone trim.

So I can confirm that the baby wipe marbling technique is a pretty great lead for the meat men:

OYKLgmw.jpg?1

I've reddened it up a bit more and I'm really loving the effect :wub:

Looking pretty damn good mate. As above, would love more information on the technique - I think I've seen it on FB somewhere

Edited by Marshal Loss