AT Chat, Lists, and Conversions For All Stompy Robot Lovers

Fajita Fan

Got my WD in hand. There’s a Dominus Battle Maniple which is 1 Warlord 2 Reaver and 1 Banner of either Knights with 2 Warhounds and another Banner optional. Benefits are -1 to hit on the titans if knight is 6” from titan and both are visible to the attacker. but the knights can’t benefit from obscuring cover.

There’s also a rule that allows you to transfer a hit from the Titan to a visible knight banner with 6”. A sort of ‘Look out sir’. And a page or two of background which I’ve not read yet as well as some plates of House Coldshround.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Interestingly and disappointingly, the Knights' Command Terminal Pack is no longer available - as are the transfer sheets for Mortis and Gryphonicus. And the Reavers' Command Terminal Pack is also "while stocks last". Why do they do that? :sad.:

This was actually covered on the stream last week. They ran out of stock sooner than expected.  Because there is demand - there will be a reprint. 

Well, that's good news. :) 

However it says that it's "no longer available" and not the much more comforting "Temporarily out of stock"... Oh well, we'll see...

Interestingly and disappointingly, the Knights' Command Terminal Pack is no longer available - as are the transfer sheets for Mortis and Gryphonicus. And the Reavers' Command Terminal Pack is also "while stocks last". Why do they do that? :sad.:

This was actually covered on the stream last week. They ran out of stock sooner than expected.  Because there is demand - there will be a reprint. 

Well, that's good news. :smile.:

However it says that it's "no longer available" and not the much more comforting "Temporarily out of stock"... Oh well, we'll see...

I mean, I agree with your paranoia.  There is a reason I got two sets of Vulpa transfers. <.<

Gundam markers are a god send for doing trim

These? Never seen them before but I might give them a go... A lot of people on the AT Facebook group swear by Sharpies but they apparently fade over time which sucks :sad.:
I have that exact set

Ah nice - I'll have to check out your thread and see how it looks :) 

No volcano cannon is on the Imperial hunters Reaver on the previous page and looks totally different. 

Hmm having had a good look around the internet they are both volcano cannons but one appears to be Mars pattern and the other Lucius pattern 

Possible hint at Forgeworld variant weapons?

Edited by Grandmaster damion

No volcano cannon is on the Imperial hunters Reaver on the previous page and looks totally different. 

Hmm having had a good look around the internet they are both volcano cannons but one appears to be Mars pattern and the other Lucius pattern 

Possible hint at Forgeworld variant weapons?

Yeah apologies, they do look different; the one on the Mortis reaver looks like the volcano cannon that was released with the Warbringer Nemesis?

No it’s just recycled artwork from the time when reaver volcano cannons looked like that. The old FW one was boxy and they updated to the new sculpt when the nemesis was released. I don’t expect to have a second one made.

Whoops, didn't see this reply; makes sense!

Edited by Gore Crow

Ahh that's interesting. I'd been thinking that the reaver volcano cannon looked cooler than I remembered. Also, the 28mm reaver chainfist arm seems to be missing from the FW store at the moment, and the reaver 2 chainfist also looks better than I remember. I wonder if it's being resculpted too.

Question, would it be possible to field a maniple made up of different Legio's like how HH has the shattered legions? Only asking because I like the colour scheme/lore of a few different Legio's and can't choose only one (Krytos and Fureans, maybe Audax in future), so could I do a fluffy "Survivors of Beta-Garmon" list with say reavers from Legio Fureans being supported by a Warlord from Legio Krytos? At least until I eventually have enough titans from each Legio to field them on their own.

Sounds like cool idea!

As long as you make it clear to your opponent which Legio rules you're using (if any) then it's fine imho. Just like using Space Marines in different chapter colours but making it clear they all use the rules and traits for Ultramarines say.

The only issue you might have is tournaments where they say you must use the rules your army is painted in the style of (i.e.: no using Dark Angles rules for Space Wolves).

Question, would it be possible to field a maniple made up of different Legio's like how HH has the shattered legions? Only asking because I like the colour scheme/lore of a few different Legio's and can't choose only one (Krytos and Fureans, maybe Audax in future), so could I do a fluffy "Survivors of Beta-Garmon" list with say reavers from Legio Fureans being supported by a Warlord from Legio Krytos? At least until I eventually have enough titans from each Legio to field them on their own.

That’ll be a cool idea and a great way to build a base for many Legios...

I agree with Burni’s comments above and I’d like to stress that playing with no Legio-specific rules is a perfectly viable option! :)

I never go to tournaments and I wouldn't have mix and matched legio specific rules, I will probably use Fureans rules (if my opponents allow ofc) since they will the backbone of the the maniple. But great, will now know what to paint :biggrin.:

That would be fine, so long as you used one legio's rules. Titandeath states that all titans in a maniple have to be from the same Legio but I can't see anyone (including a TO) having an issue with you using titans painted however you want.

The only thing is that it should be completely clear to your opponent. You're actually allowed to use rules for multiple legios - just not in a single maniple. If you add other maniples or reinforcement titans then you're free to do whatever you like. But in that case I think all your Fureans titans should be clearly differentiated from all your Krytos or Mortis titans, and so on.

To be honest I think that's a better representation of what you're talking about. Say have a minimum-strength Fureans maniple and a couple of added on reinforcements. The reinforcements wouldn't get maniple rules (unless they actually formed one) but they'd have their legio rules. But note that your opponent gets 2 stratagem points per set of legio rules you use.

In the end it's up to you.

Edited by Mandragola

Ahh that's interesting. I'd been thinking that the reaver volcano cannon looked cooler than I remembered. Also, the 28mm reaver chainfist arm seems to be missing from the FW store at the moment, and the reaver 2 chainfist also looks better than I remember. I wonder if it's being resculpted too.

the 28mm Reaver Chainfist has been gone for a long time I thought? I've only recently gotten into 40K in the past 2 years or so, and I've never seen the Chainfist on the FW site myself.

Started on my Warlord Plasma sprue stuff last night - wow, it's quite a bit more fiddly than the Volcano one imho. There's a few tiny bits (the fist VMB barrels are about the smallest bit on a sprue I know of). Took me a couple of hours just to clip them off and clean them up. Ran out of time to even glue them!

Once I've done that this evening, I'm going to start my Reaver 2 (and go back to my Reaver 1 sprue to get the head since my plan of using a combined version isn't going to work...)

There's a few tiny bits (the fist VMB barrels are about the smallest bit on a sprue I know of). Took me a couple of hours just to clip them off and clean them up.

So true. Even tinier than the Reavers' and Wahrhounds' shield generators. What is nice is that there are tiny guides to glue them properly, you just need good eyes :biggrin.: