Duz's Custard Creams

duz_

Thanks TWH :D

Ark you should! ;)

Having said that...

Spent the last 2 nights putting together the 2nd Caladius into suitable sub-assemblies for painting (I learnt from the last one ;) )

I can see why my chinaforge one was kinda crummy the original scuplt isnt that great the engine mount doesnt seem to sit flush and some of the nubbins snapped off... :ermm:

gallery_87434_14331_117296.jpg

The guns on this one do look great though!

gallery_87434_14331_123340.jpg

Spent some time tonight green stuff the gaps and tidying up the miscast areas. Our BCK posted a youtube vid on how to smooth GS which helped alot. Also the GW one suggesting you cut out the partly cured centre of the GS strip helped too. My gap filling GS skills are improving I believe! :D

Also magnetised the turret.

Next step priming! I think I'll brush paint the two tanks together.

gallery_87434_14331_326309.jpg

I just magnetised the turret so it doesnt fall off when youre moving it around or holding it.

Just drilled a 6mm x 2mm into the top and bottom and that was it. I drilled a pilot first though given the size of the bit I needed after.

I also forgot the most important thing! Picked this up off diet last night :D

gallery_87434_14331_39144.jpg

gallery_87434_14331_1468.jpg

Im also going to steal his idea of switching out the flying stand for a scenic rock / ruin base :D

How so TWH? Its a collage picture instead of 4 separate ones. Otherwise lemme know and I'll see if there's gremlins in the post but seems ok to me from my phone at least.

Thx Ark, although they do have bases I dont have to do them fortunately. Partly because his scheme is just black. ;)

Ah fair enough I was wondering where they were. Bases always help finish off a model and make it pop, so we won't see the fully finished model with the base? Oh and I can see the picture fine too so not sure what's going on there.

How so TWH? Its a collage picture instead of 4 separate ones. Otherwise lemme know and I'll see if there's gremlins in the post but seems ok to me from my phone at least.

Thx Ark, although they do have bases I dont have to do them fortunately. Partly because his scheme is just black. :wink:

It's displaying correctly now. When I looked at it list night it just had a little image indicating a picture and a hyperlink to the B&C gallery. I was able to go to the gallery to view the image. Not it is showing in the thread for me. I should have screenshotted it last night. Oh well. 

Ah fair enough I was wondering where they were. Bases always help finish off a model and make it pop, so we won't see the fully finished model with the base? Oh and I can see the picture fine too so not sure what's going on there.

Ark unfortunately you wont be seeing any basing on these. However...

Happy Valentine's Day to me!

You could well see some basing on this one :tu:

gallery_87434_14331_46514.jpg

gallery_87434_14331_9955.jpg

The cast seems even better than the last?

Today I was meant to start working on the second Caladius that I have to ship Wednesday ...

But I took a break built a Void Shield Generator that I'd bought for half price :D (the model sucks to assemble fyi)

Having being getting amped for my custard creams painting these I decided to work on a second hand Achillus I'd bought a month or so back from Diet.

The silly man had made it with dual powerfists and used some insane crazy glue that wouldn't give up no matter what I did (freezer, dettol, LAs simply awesome). So I took to it with some pliers ripped out the previous fists and finally re-posed and armed it.

Now its ready to be painted along with all my other custard creams once I've finish this commission.

gallery_87434_14331_32985.jpg

Edited by duz_

Finished! And with a day to spare! :D

Plan to ship it out tomorrow so it arrives at my friends Thursday so he can tournament with em.Saturday :tu:

gallery_87434_14331_405568.jpg

First time using full gloss varnish. Really helped tie the models together. The golds are slightly different. I found the first too orange initially so held back a bit more when washing the second one. I guess the varnish toned it down in the end? Also switched from agrax wash to sepia for the recesses on the Accelerator for a more subtle effect. Not sure if its too subtle now. Although a bit late to change anything now. ^_^

While I was waiting for the varnish to dry I also primed this guy :D

Guess who's likely next :teehee:

gallery_87434_14331_78583.jpg

I was waiting for the peanut gallery to pipe up!

Here's what I did the other night with some spare time. Got the Achillus base coated :P

gallery_87434_14331_67678.jpg

I also started doing this tonight ...

gallery_87434_14331_79387.jpg

:teehee:

I also ordered a whole bunch of bases to rebase my Custodes

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3D-Printed-40mm-Scenic-Urban-City-Street-Bases-Sets-of-5-10-Bases-/223397367645

They might even show up tomorrow. I am now regretting gluing them down with plastic glue :sweat:

Edited by duz_