Legio Favilla walks - Ashen Gods unleashed

Sherrypie

Awesome work, I really love the little statues integrated into the armor and wish I'd thought of that. 

Cheers! Yeah, it was a thing I picked up immediately when I started to build the Warlords. Good thing I had a whole bunch of Bretonnian knight helmets lying around to decorate my edifices.

Thanks Mendi!

Today was an arm day, finally got my plasmas and fists done (and spent an inordinate amount of time just posing them around making "swoosh" sounds, khem). Now to make more carapace guns and I might even have decent midfield Lords in use soon.

1045867_sm-.JPG

1045868_sm-.JPG

1045869_sm-.JPG

1045870_sm-.JPG

1045871_sm-.JPG

1045872_sm-.JPG

1045873_sm-.JPG

1045874_sm-.JPG

As ever, enjoy :)

Did you tint your transfers?

Yeah, I plop them down and then use brown glazes to blend them in. There's something that just irks me in the pure flat white, could partially be due to the somewhat choppy outlines of these simpler AT transfers. They just feel half-done to me, until bathed in the unifying brown that everything here has.

Aaaand they're done, except for the still drying chemical pool which will be a lot greener in a few days. Now if they'd just get on with the nerfs so I could actually field these chonky bois without feeling like a bad man :D

As a whole, somewhat rushed job of maybe ~12 hours in total, but looking the part on the battlefield.

1046127_sm-.JPG

1046126_sm-.JPG

1046128_sm-.JPG

1046129_sm-.JPG

1046130_sm-.JPG

1046131_sm-.JPG

1046132_sm-.JPG

1046133_sm-.JPG

1046134_sm-.JPG

1046135_sm-.JPG

1046136_sm-.JPG

The chem pool is Vallejo water texture, same as Cineres Immensis' base has, which will eventually dry transparent and reveal the green paint below. Might give it a few washes too, if it doesn't look right.

The flagpoles are fantasy skeleton spears, if memory serves. Useful box for all sorts of shenanigans.

Got some Warbringers, still not entirely impressed with them though there is hope on the horizon. Changed the head to a Warlord version, put some proper ordnance on the shoulders, chuck the weird upper arm hinges for something more Reaver-like, put a bit of step in it  with bent toes and... these might take some doing.

1046391_sm-.jpeg