+ Necromunda: News, Previews and New Releases thread +

Ranulf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm sure I'll pick it up, but I would have liked it more if it were closer to the aesthetic of the other terrain.  For one, what's with all the safety railings?  The only reason you need a railing in 40K (and necromunda) is to put armour plates on it so that it grants cover! :P

• 2 weeks later...

House of Blades – Hired Guns and Hangers-on

The Chymist and Shivver look interesting as options, but I'm a bit disappointed that they just reused the artwork for Alyce Shivver (one of Slate Merdena's 12 daughters) from the Book of Ruin.

Can't wait for the pre-order to ship out this week. :happy.:  

-Ran

More info and a pre-order date for the new House Escher book: Enter the House of Blades

d7WPzKhlMF2AYouH.jpg

-Ran

Two hand-flamers. I wish (and dearly hope) that Escher get a discount on those. And/or finally update them to work like other pistols in close combat

A man can dream.

Mmmmm, hand-flamers.

Any sign of models for the Khimerix or Phyrr Cat in there?

I'm guessing not, as FW seems to be back to it's usual tricks of making models that have no rules and ignoring rules that have had no models for years.

No, unfortunately. When the Zerker came out with House of Chains, I assumed the rest of the houses would follow suit, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. 

No, unfortunately. When the Zerker came out with House of Chains, I assumed the rest of the houses would follow suit, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. 

That was my assumption too. I was pretty gutted when FW's release yesterday was AT stuff and not something to go with House of Blades, though they might just be behind as they re-opened later than GW after the UK lockdown.

I'm more worried that they have no plans to cover the exotic beasts and brutes for the various House gangs in any cohesive way and will just continue to sculpt whatever they fancy, regardless of whether it has/doesn't have rules in the books or how desperate some of the earlier stuff is for models. No doubt we're due another year or two of Bounty Hunters or something. I've gotten more and more pissed off with FWs treatment of Necromunda as time has gone by and the 'Zerker/Slavers seemed like they were finally addressing the issues, but now it's looking like it was a one off :(.

I really hope those rumours that GW main (or a new department in GW main) were taking control of Necro are true.

While the lack of planned releases for exotic beasts and brutes is quite aggravating, let's just wait and see what the rest of the year brings.

Given the global pandemic, (among other things) we've seen a massive disruption to releases - House of Blades was set to drop in Q2 after all, not to mention the all the stuff surrounding and including HH Book 9. Hopefully we will see an uptick in the releases as time progresses, including filling out the backlog of unreleased stuff. (rather than more Bounty Hunters...)

-Ran

Edited by Ranulf

Well :censored:. All the tactic cards sold out quickly

It looks like the Tactics cards are now being printed in text form in the relevant House books on a D66 table - so it's a relatively easy process to make your own DIY cards or just use the table.

It's a shame however how few were made - on release day I added my copy of House of Blades to the cart, then the Escher Tactics Cards, then the two sets of House Dice - went to pay a minute or two later and the Cards were no longer available. eBay scalpers no doubt had a hand in the quick sell out of stock.

-Ran