30k Hobby Chat

47 minutes ago, lokkorex said:

Dang, that's quite the collection!

Quite impressive assortment of terminators and solid paintjob on the praetor!

Thanks.

Bought a lot of this stuff a good 14+ years ago (originally shared the Terminators back in 2008 on here) and I thought they were expensive to buy then..

Have seen what some of my models go for now.

Actually not sure whether to sell them or not haha - especially the RTB01 marines as they're going for a fair wedge of money now.

But seriously, I'd rather use them myself.

49 minutes ago, Pacific81 said:

A quick diorama I was working on for some terrain. 10 Heresy cookies to anyone that can work out what is happening here (sorry for the poor-quality photos!)

FieldPolice1.webp

It took me a minute to realise that was 6mm scale - stripes on a shoulder pad! 

I have a guess but can’t find spoiler option on phone - will let other folks add their thoughts.

3 hours ago, Pacific81 said:

Holy crap what a collection! I don't think I have ever seen so many cobra-type Terminators in one place. Some classics right there, and really sought after minis.

Have you decided what to paint them up as yet?

Yes..

Ultramarines lol

Good old Smurfs.

so that I can use my old spoon top predators etc from the 2nd ed days

3 hours ago, Pacific81 said:

Holy crap what a collection! I don't think I have ever seen so many cobra-type Terminators in one place. Some classics right there, and really sought after minis.

Have you decided what to paint them up as yet?

Oh and if I can get more I wouldn't say no lol

Would like to do a couple up with heavy flamers as well.

I have 1 more Variant C Terminator I can use as a 2nd Sergeant, so any more would become a 2nd Indomitus squad or interchangable ones.

Edited by Dark-Storm-01

Are you going to change them to 40mm bases and all? I have found that wowstick drill pretty damn awesome for pinning metal models, which is super handy when I wanted to pin a metal Eldar Farseer and an Autarch onto 32mm bases after cutting the tab off.

1 hour ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

Are you going to change them to 40mm bases and all? I have found that wowstick drill pretty damn awesome for pinning metal models, which is super handy when I wanted to pin a metal Eldar Farseer and an Autarch onto 32mm bases after cutting the tab off.

Yes I'll be rebasing them on 40mm

As for my RTB01 and metal Rogue Trader models.. I'm not sure whether to rebase to 32mm or leave them on their original size bases and buy those rings you can get to sit the bases inside.

I'm going to replace the 2 power fists with 2 more chain fists

And some of the storm bolter arms with the other variants as there's the different designs - the older ones have the shoulder pad edging and the newer ones don't.

I want the ones with edging (I have enough spares to do so) so that the models aren't a massive lump of blue

My indomitus squad.jpg

Edited by Dark-Storm-01
details

Wow, I am wondering what treasures you are going to show next @Dark-storm-01 - half expecting you to find Rick Priestley in cryo-storage and defrost him to help you with the rules :biggrin:

For the bases, why not try on both and see how it looks? I suspect with the little RTB01 guys, they might get lost on a 32m size, but you could pack the bases to make them like a diorama etc.

1 hour ago, Pacific81 said:

Wow, I am wondering what treasures you are going to show next @Dark-storm-01 - half expecting you to find Rick Priestley in cryo-storage and defrost him to help you with the rules :biggrin:

For the bases, why not try on both and see how it looks? I suspect with the little RTB01 guys, they might get lost on a 32m size, but you could pack the bases to make them like a diorama etc.

I've got little model bricks and cobblestones.. Waiting on shell casings to use but suspect they might not turn up now - been over a week since they were posted.
Got some model razor wire as well and the standard basing materials etc..

This is now about the entirety of what I have from the Rogue Trader era, other than ye olde nids etc

These are old pics, I think I have 6 of each jet bike in total but only 2 or 3 riders altogether.

jets-b.jpg

Games Workshop - old models - 002.jpg

Classic Dreadnoughts.jpg

Edited by Dark-Storm-01

58 minutes ago, Pacific81 said:

Well.. Now you are just showing off! :biggrin: Well, if you ever want to retire early..

A couple of items I'd have liked to have gotten would be the Rogue Trader Land Raider and Land Speeder and a couple of the original Thunder Warriors.

All too expensive for what they are IMO especially now

Also maybe some of the riding lizards lol

I’ve taken some time out from painting marines, mainly because I was moving house, but also because I’ve been working through the scenery from the first two Gallowdark Kill Team boxed sets. I thought these would make a cheaper alternative to the Necromunda-style Zone Mortalis scenery for use in smaller games of Heresy.

PjkLtCx.jpg

f4vb9za.jpg

0RJscyq.jpg

Next up I have some objective markers, 5 for regular games and 5 based up to go with the scenery above, on my painting schedule. Once that’s done, it’s back to painting some more marines! Unless I get distracted and end up painting a Spartan or some Justaerin, or something…

I love how subtle the glow on the volkite is. The little auspex mounted on the gun is a great touch.

"Ten metres man, they're in the room!"

"You're reading it wrong!"

Edited by Cactus
Looked more closely

So now have all 6 of the original Techmarines from Rogue Trader.

I ordered one of the Mk III Techmarines from Forge World.

Wondering if anyone on here have swapped out the weaponry that the model comes with.

I'm personally thinking of ditching the bendy, flimsy feeling resin power axe for the thunder hammer from the Mk III legionary boxset

But as for a ranged weapon I'm not sure whether to give him the melta gun from that box, one of the resin graviton guns (which I think would look cool with the model) or maybe get some of the resin combi weapons and give him one of those

Techmarines - the whole squad.jpg

4 hours ago, Dark-Storm-01 said:

I ordered one of the Mk III Techmarines from Forge World.

I'm personally thinking of ditching the bendy, flimsy feeling resin power axe for the thunder hammer from the Mk III legionary boxset

But as for a ranged weapon I'm not sure whether to give him the melta gun from that box, one of the resin graviton guns (which I think would look cool with the model) or maybe get some of the resin combi weapons and give him one of those

Graviton gun would look really cool and sort of fits the fluff - he can fix machines or he can wreck them.  And he had relentless so can make good use of it. Similarly, thunder hammer would be cool. But both means 90 points on a 1 wound, T4 model - seems a bit fragile?

PS Great to see the Rogue Trader models.

WE_Manticore1.webp

A Legion Manticore Battery travels along a roadway. Following successful disruption of supply lines by Ork long-range Biker groups, the route is under protection. In this case by a unit of Androids, designation Gamma-Mu, who had been withdrawn from frontline duty after they failed to follow orders and assault an Ork counter-offensive, leading to heavy Legion losses. 

WE_Manticore2.webp