30k Hobby Chat

That looks great @SkimaskMohawk! It sounds like nurgle may have been interfering with your work, so you must be on the right track!

Speaking of tracks - I am not sure if this is the only one in existance, but there probably aren't many. A Legion train engine! Some better pics will follow (and I'm doing a little terrain diorama with it) but this is it for now. Miniature is from a company called Winterdyne

20221221_093902~2.jpg

That train is pretty cool!

The bargain Spartan I purchased a while back turned up (no dramas with the wait, life happens and I was in no rush).

What a fantastic looking set of sprues

I'm actually looking forward to my week off early January when I can hopefully smash out a load of hobby.

Edited by Hfran Morkai
Dodgy formatting again, apparently my phone doesn't like the forums

@SkimaskMohawk Really nice work on the Death Guard, the verdigris and blue lenses complement the scheme very well.

@Pacific81 That's a really cool piece!

Here's what I'm working on painting up now, a legion Techmarine:

large.IMG_20221207_212947_209.jpg.53b7634f937e1ea68fe3a1483bf73bf5.jpg

Went rummaging through the FLGS today and found under a pile of old boxsets the Solaq boxset from a few years ago. Bought it at a very fair price and will be working on putting the vets to good use in my heresy army. The VVs will be apart of my command squad retinue, and I plan on having a fun time making the sternguard into something fun!

That looks amazing @Sarabando! Love the detailing and damage work. Yes on the Legion, "Brother leatherface looks a bit palid doesn't he? He keeps collecting totems from the dead, faces and things. And his armour is in a right state! Do you think the hat of sorting got it wrong and he shouldn't be an Ultramarine?"

4 hours ago, Cadmus Tyro said:

Working on a new coils choice for my alpha legion: 

EC5D37C7-028C-4329-ABB2-E50E684712DE.thumb.jpeg.c52072d7b2d3273a4a287774c843cd89.jpeg8161E7AA-C699-44AC-B63F-F11EE8D68760.thumb.jpeg.482da735767680e8fa7dfe75191982f2.jpeg

Scared yet? 

Cadmus 

Those look great, but they better not be rotor terror marines lol

Also thanks @Pearson73! I think it's the orange tones in the browns that do it.

Edited by SkimaskMohawk

14 minutes ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

Those look great, but they better not be rotor terror marines lol

Also thanks @Pearson73! I think it's the orange tones in the browns that do it.

Not a fan? The plan was to run them in a recon company as a cheap source of fear and the ability to pin a unit (potentially). The list has at least three other units capable of dealing out pinning so there’s redundancy. 

Their innate infiltrate allows me to use a generic Delegatus (rather than relying on Dynats warlord trait) and run the “master of lies” warlord trait, which basically allows you to deploy three units very aggressively, without fear of being seized, or failing to seize and being out of position. Win win. 

Cadmus 

1 hour ago, Cadmus Tyro said:

Not a fan? The plan was to run them in a recon company as a cheap source of fear and the ability to pin a unit (potentially). The list has at least three other units capable of dealing out pinning so there’s redundancy. 

Their innate infiltrate allows me to use a generic Delegatus (rather than relying on Dynats warlord trait) and run the “master of lies” warlord trait, which basically allows you to deploy three units very aggressively, without fear of being seized, or failing to seize and being out of position. Win win. 

Cadmus 

I'm really not a fan of them in a night lords list, but the alpha legion versatility and lack of other sources of fear seem to give them more of a role. 

Their cost is just a lot, and I'm personally always paranoid about their durability for what you get. They love the night time and cover, especially with alphas, but notably don't have night vision built in and take a lot of penalties in return. 

Lovely job @Sarabando! Those look superb even under close range photos I admire yiur bravery doing eyes!

Its Christmas day so playing with some trains seems appropriate! Just a WIP of an Epic/AT train yard/industrial centre. Some more tracks to add and the trains need magnets to hold them in place but almost there!

20221225_113240~2.jpg

20221225_113300~2.jpg

3 hours ago, 2gud2bbad said:

Hello brothers,

Where can i source the left lascannon arms for my castraferrum dreads? 

Forge World used to make them but they're now OOP. You might find some on the second hand market for silly prices.

Could you build one from lascannon barrels amd the plastic left-hand missile launcher?