30k Hobby Chat

5 hours ago, Hfran Morkai said:

From what I can see (unless I'm completely blind) the Spartan kit is the one with the data pad/tac map? I thought it would have been on the accessory sprue but I'm struggling to find it and it's not on the instructions.

Yeah, the cool holo-map and iPad bits are both in the spartan/proteus kit.

Edited by Brother_Angelus

Interestingly, this month's WD has some 'Battle Doctrine' missions focused around the 1,000pts mark. One attacker, one defender. Attacker seems to always have a Proteus Carrier with differing units per mission (theres three in total) and defender has set units they can take, some other restrictions like Legions only and no consul upgrades. Have yet to have a proper look at them but they seem a nice little battle set for those learning the game or for games when spare time is a treasure.

Found some time during my stint on the oilrig to progress some models that have been languishing in the garage for a long time. All are still very much a PIP.

Praetors desperately need a pin wash

Night Lords terminator Praetor:

YPJJE74.jpg

sOzUrmA.jpg

garcz1N.jpg

84XLqyF.jpg

Q9VYkSp.jpg

Night Lords Jump pack praetor

wXkKXLi.jpg

wnpEvJE.jpg

GrrOoPJ.jpg

Big Blue

VXNd4Hp.jpg

NhEwl9q.jpg

km7N3e7.jpg

d1m7Goc.jpg

fzRSs3T.jpg

I have won some Volkite Culverins in a game of chance. Now I’m not really a heavy support squad sort of player, I just feel flat-footed with them, especially in ZM, but they do look nice. Can’t decide which Legion to give them to or whether I will try to kitbash them into Mk III. Hope to hear your experiences in painting, modelling and gaming with them.

I would love a plastic Mk III or IV Assault Squad kit, a bunch of my plans kinda hinge on it as using Sanguinary Guard or Raptor kits for bits is going to be quite expensive (though still cheaper than FW).  But I've got to do the Bikes and Tacticals first whilst I'm waiting... 

I've set Brush to model on my Recon/Seeker marines after their good showing in my last game against the Dark Angels - still a WIP but theyre almost there. The glaze over metals is such a fast way to paint it's unreal after doing so much red on my BA. 

I've not broken them down into specific squads yet - I've just been making individual Astartes then loosely herding them into aligned units - the Imperial Marine for example is curently performing sergeant duties in the recon squad but he'll be promoted to seeker serge at some point and maybe baldy beardy will take over. I do love some of the poses you get by switching up the arms on the mk6 - the striding/aiming seems very seeker-like to me, especially with the suppressor. It's maybe over-long but it'll double as a Nemesis and Kraken when needed. 

large.IMG20221021235159.jpg.c6dcb6c212c756423c53ccc905746725.jpglarge.IMG20221021235139.jpg.a77ff7bda539be9e478e68c13e1963bf.jpg

On 10/17/2022 at 7:51 AM, Gamiel said:

Anybody know why the White Scars transfer sheet have the symbol for the Brotherhood of the Sable Wolf, Black Axe, and Blue Hawk in red, white, and gold but not in black or blue?

I dont know but it breaks my heart, i think they try to limit the amount of differrnt inks that they use

Since the Land Raider Proteus comes with the spartan sponson set, but only uses half the lascannons, it leaves enough parts to build a quad cannon array. Combine with some old vindicators languishing in the cupboard to create cheap and dirty magna laser destroyers.

20221029_141052.jpg