30k Hobby Chat

4 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Ooh that looks good, back of a bolter, bottom of a flamer + needle pistol?

It’s basically just a flamer and needle pistol. There’s no bolter. I replaced the fuel tank with a little vial from the Escher kit. I had cut off the foregrip and ended up sticking it back on, so I’ll see if I can avoid that in future. 

Working through my pile of shame, one Deimos Pattern Whirlwind.

IMG_20221119_141651.thumb.jpg.5932b0d0a59660f4a4841fbfcd3cbe39.jpg

Just... the majority of the AoD box, 1 sicaran, 2 Proteus Land Raiders, 2 Deimos Predators (one of each type), 1 SoH contemptor, 1 extra contemptor, 1 Leviathan and rest of my 2 Calth and 2 Prospero Boxes.... Slowly getting there

Edited by No Foes Remain
Fixing image?

@Mandragola looking good - nice to have needlers as a Rogue Trader call back.

@No Foes Remain love the mash-up of heresy and 40k kits.

meanwhile my own progress is glacial at best. Posting one model finished (except not yet matted down the shoulder pads - matt varnish has congealed at the bottom of the pot). 

A430E625-5362-4951-A662-C89593747FFF.jpeg

Edited by LameBeard
Can see the photo now

A milestone today as I've finally got my stuff assembled together (they had trouble standing still!) for an army shot of my Great Crusade-era World Eaters. This is more or less complete (as much as these things ever can be), perhaps another Titan or two, some Knights, some more artillery etc. but more or less there. 

Its just about 500 marines (inc. marine, auxiliary troops), 34 Rhinos overall so perhaps about a demi-chapter. 

This is one half of the forces I need to complete (the others being Orks) by March 2023 for a big participation/exhibition game I'm hoping to run at Firestorm Games in Cardiff (UK). 

WE_ArmyShot2_Nov22.webp

Thanks folks, the prussian blue has been a bit of a pain but I am pretty much getting the effect i want. I was aiming for a kind of lacquered steel look which requires some care.

Undercoat for vehicles is army painter gun metal, undercoat for infantry is Corax white, then a layer of slightly thinned Vallejo Model dark prussian blue 70.899, then an overbrush of Vallejo game silver 72.052, then cover with GW drakenhof nightshade, then a glaze over the raised areas with thinner blue, so the metallic and shade layers are both still showing through.

I've found it tricky to get this consistent and it's sometimes a little streaky looking but it's a nice finish when it works. Sometimes if it's too dull I do another super fine silver drybrush and super thin blue glaze to bring it back up.

20221121_190031.jpg

Edited by de Selby

More kitbashing. This time I took an old incomplete rhino from storage and added a bunch of spare land raiders bits and plasticard. This will be my Mor Deythan’s rhino. It’s supposed to be modified for long range scouting work. I’ll look for stowage and stuff to add to it and maybe some extra fuel or something. 

862ED208-8ECD-41DE-A080-D5FBB516E513.jpeg

No painting, but I’ve been sorting out a few Sisters of Silence, with the first five of an Oblivion Cadre, with another axe and five spears to go.

0FE6ECBF-A636-4C27-BBCC-79BDA0B55B4F.thumb.jpeg.41c49bafba6bda251c2884fda7f8fd01.jpeg

Followed by the first of the Sanctioners with Nemesis Bolters 

I found the Deleque long rifles went on little extra work. 

97CF64EA-91D3-47DC-B2C3-B5736638E1C8.thumb.jpeg.b8af9ab4f3ab803c61e735d48ec9a032.jpeg