30k Hobby Chat

On 9/8/2022 at 4:19 AM, GenerationTerrorist said:

I'm absolutely stumped on where to get a suitable Standard to make Legion Herald for my planned Pride of the Legion list for an Emperor's Children project. Preferably something that would work with Tartaros Armour.

Any ideas?

I used a Red Warden Miniatures banner for my Herald (I posted a couple of pages back), he doesn't seem to have an EC one, but the Accipiters one he has might work for you? https://www.shapeways.com/product/5AFWY9M9A/accipiters?optionId=222597946&li=shops

Edited by Brother_Angelus

Trying to decide if my Spartan needs something more to go with the corpse pile:

unknown.png

unknown.png

I think I'll add some chains to look like they're holding the bodies in place, but I haven't really worked out much else.

12 hours ago, BitsHammer said:

Trying to decide if my Spartan needs something more to go with the corpse pile:

Another corpse pile?

It looks great but I do feel like it needs something on the top to tie it all together.

Just now, Corswain said:

Another corpse pile?

It looks great but I do feel like it needs something on the top to tie it all together.

Yeah. I don't know if a corpse pile would work, but maybe some other bits like the braizer would do it.

1 hour ago, GodEmperorOfMankind said:

Can we get a view from the front to see how it's running 

Something like this. I need to attach the waist somehow, which will be tricky, and then to nail it (perhaps literally) to a base for that standing foot. 

FE0B3868-08BD-45B3-B9DC-9897CD2A2577.jpeg

61B39102-E36E-412F-824B-CC997D0CC4C0.jpeg

5 hours ago, Mandragola said:

Something like this. I need to attach the waist somehow, which will be tricky, and then to nail it (perhaps literally) to a base for that standing foot. 

FE0B3868-08BD-45B3-B9DC-9897CD2A2577.jpeg

61B39102-E36E-412F-824B-CC997D0CC4C0.jpeg

Looks awesome! Great sense of movement!

I used metal rods to fix mine to the base, and I also cheated and had the raised foot brushing the top of some terrain so I could do the same on that foot too

20 minutes ago, Cactus said:

@Cadmus Tyro  do you have any idea where the shotguns came from originally? They look great.

FW used to do them as a special weapon pack “deliverance pattern shotguns” and they are unfortunately OOP. You can still get them in the FW recon squad kit without the hand attached. 

Hence why they were eBay rescues! 

Cadmus 

Edited by Cadmus Tyro

Apothecary with a casualty and Seeker squad mostly done. I'm impressed at the size of the FW apothecaries, actually - I was afraid they'd be a lot smaller. Still have to do some cleanup on the Seekers, but the black armor has come out nicer than I thought.

apothecariea.jpg.0e540ab4ffba26d70a15d9a4b6eb515b.jpg

seekerss.png.c6e5c0e6c2001d1af9ba0792f31e3e43.png